Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
0 replies   4653 views

Description

Whether or not you have technical skills, there are many ways you can help diablo2.io grow as a site and as a community! :)

Suggest descriptions for items that don't have them yet

Each item entry has a short 'description' or 'blurb' which provides viewers with a compact and succinct overview of the item and any salient points or information.
Description for Hellfire Torch
Whilst I'm endeavouring to write all of these myself, it's a lot of work, and so I've added a 'Suggest a description' button - you can click this and write a short blurb yourself and I will then be able to easily update the page with your writing.
Click the 'Suggest Description' button when you see it.
Members who have reached Contributor status are able to edit descriptions directly without approval.

Comment on existing item entries to enrich the information available

Share your experience and knowledge by commenting on existing database entries. Where is this item commonly found? Is this item particularly good for one class or build? Does the item have any quirks or less well-known properties? Is there a backstory to the item? Why is this item important to players? These are just some questions you could ask yourself before leaving a comment.
A very average comment
A very average comment
There is so much that could be written on each individual database entry and I'm relying on your collective Wisdom and efforts to make each entry as informative and interesting as possible. Remember, comments are sorted by popularity (number of likes) and if your comment reaches more than 5 likes, it will turn green. Get in early with your info and it could be at the top of the page for years to come.

Upload screenshots of Resurrected items, areas, npcs, monsters etc.

You can drag and drop an image into a comment when making it. Would be awesome if people could take screenshots of the entry in question, especially in Resurrected, and upload them as a comment. For example, having an image of a Sorceress wearing Tal Rasha's Wrappings would look great as a comment on that full set's page.
Example of a comment with an attached image

Open up new discussion topics and ask questions in the forum

The forums exist to help you guys coordinate, opine and argue over elements of the game that you find interesting. I won't lock an intense debate unless it turns personal. Forum posts will level up your account, and particularly well answered questions will earn you the 'Best Answer' in the topic, which has it's own rewards. The forum community will be the heart of this project and I encourage everyone to make use of it to its fullest.
Forums are sooo 2021
Forums are sooo 2021

If you think something is broken, let me know through a Bug Report

Antz was better than Bug's Life

Posting proper bug reports here providing the required information allows me to investigate issues and fix them if possible. The site is in a relatively stable state at the moment with over 80% of reported bugs fixed at the time of writing (5th Feb '22) though there are undoubtedly more out there.

Try to share the website by personal message to at least 3 other D2 fans

To help spread the word and get more users using the site, share diablo2.io with 3 other people you think would like it here :) The more users we have the more active the forums will be, not to mention the trading marketplace, enriched database pages with more comments etc.

Lastly, if there's anything else you think you'd like to do to help contribute to diablo2.io, by all means send me a private message :)
Description by Teebling

Can be used to make Runewords:

Teebling 5763Admin

Europe PC
Whether or not you have technical skills, there are many ways you can help diablo2.io grow as a site and as a community! :)

Suggest descriptions for items that don't have them yet

Each item entry has a short 'description' or 'blurb' which provides viewers with a compact and succinct overview of the item and any salient points or information.
Whilst I'm endeavouring to write all of these myself, it's a lot of work, and so I've added a 'Suggest a description' button - you can click this and write a short blurb yourself and I will then be able to easily update the page with your writing.
Members who have reached Contributor status are able to edit descriptions directly without approval.

Comment on existing item entries to enrich the information available

Share your experience and knowledge by commenting on existing database entries. Where is this item commonly found? Is this item particularly good for one class or build? Does the item have any quirks or less well-known properties? Is there a backstory to the item? Why is this item important to players? These are just some questions you could ask yourself before leaving a comment.
A very average comment
A very average comment
There is so much that could be written on each individual database entry and I'm relying on your collective Wisdom and efforts to make each entry as informative and interesting as possible. Remember, comments are sorted by popularity (number of likes) and if your comment reaches more than 5 likes, it will turn green. Get in early with your info and it could be at the top of the page for years to come.

Upload screenshots of Resurrected items, areas, npcs, monsters etc.

You can drag and drop an image into a comment when making it. Would be awesome if people could take screenshots of the entry in question, especially in Resurrected, and upload them as a comment. For example, having an image of a Sorceress wearing Tal Rasha's Wrappings would look great as a comment on that full set's page.

Open up new discussion topics and ask questions in the forum

The forums exist to help you guys coordinate, opine and argue over elements of the game that you find interesting. I won't lock an intense debate unless it turns personal. Forum posts will level up your account, and particularly well answered questions will earn you the 'Best Answer' in the topic, which has it's own rewards. The forum community will be the heart of this project and I encourage everyone to make use of it to its fullest.
Forums are sooo 2021
Forums are sooo 2021

If you think something is broken, let me know through a Bug Report

Posting proper bug reports here providing the required information allows me to investigate issues and fix them if possible. The site is in a relatively stable state at the moment with over 80% of reported bugs fixed at the time of writing (5th Feb '22) though there are undoubtedly more out there.

Try to share the website by personal message to at least 3 other D2 fans

To help spread the word and get more users using the site, share diablo2.io with 3 other people you think would like it here :) The more users we have the more active the forums will be, not to mention the trading marketplace, enriched database pages with more comments etc.

Lastly, if there's anything else you think you'd like to do to help contribute to diablo2.io, by all means send me a private message :)

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...