Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
8 replies   4520 views

why do we play b.net at all? add your single player reasons here:

No data yet

Description

1)I like to clear levels, so I won't miss any drop, hopefully a good one.
so that's not a b.net trend.

2)loot is FFA so maybe i get less drops, but I get everything for sure(if server don't crash).

3) all those queues! and couldn't establish connection etc.

and yet! I don't play single player.
even if its where i can do players8.
it's like living in the city, all alone. thinking you are around people but not really.

I get it that people have groups of friends, that's cool. but I'm too old for those.
and yet, I still rather have the chance for going all out with a group.
perhaps when i am around 90'ish level, then its a good zone to assist.

your own thoughts on this?
Description by BillyMaysed

Can be used to make Runewords:

rikus 139

Amazon Americas PC
1)I like to clear levels, so I won't miss any drop, hopefully a good one.
so that's not a b.net trend.

2)loot is FFA so maybe i get less drops, but I get everything for sure(if server don't crash).

3) all those queues! and couldn't establish connection etc.

and yet! I don't play single player.
even if its where i can do players8.
it's like living in the city, all alone. thinking you are around people but not really.

I get it that people have groups of friends, that's cool. but I'm too old for those.
and yet, I still rather have the chance for going all out with a group.
perhaps when i am around 90'ish level, then its a good zone to assist.

your own thoughts on this?

goodluck, and may the RNG god be with you.
rikus wrote: 2 years ago
I still rather have the chance for going all out with a group.
It's the same for me. Even though I mostly play my games solo and I really enjoy that, I still like to interact with other players by trading with them or occasionally join in on some public baalruns to level up.

For me personally now that characters and accounts no longer expire on bnet as they used to in the legacy game, there is even less reason to go and play single-player because the progress will be kept on our online characters as long as bnet exists.

I guess single-player is great for people who enjoy the challenge of complete solo self-found or want to mod their game.

Away from my PC until Nov 8. Will reply to trade requests when I'm back.

Platform: PCRealm: EU (ladder)Battle.net tag: kermouh#2254
(Mostly) available to trade at times between 10AM - 8PM (UTC)

Banjo 138

Sorceress Americas PC
i think trading is a big part of it. solo you hardly get the specific gear youre looking for, but you can trade for it. i do agree though i hardly play on multiplayer games. it would be cool though if you could to /players8 command on b.net, but then no one would probably play together. lol.
I play single mostly. bnet for fast leveling and trading. Why? I want all the drops.

Banjo 138

Sorceress Americas PC
CatCat wrote: 2 years ago
I play single mostly. bnet for fast leveling and trading. Why? I want all the drops.
for real. nothing stings worse than seeing that
Ber
rune drop and your not fast enough to click. which typically i am not.

BillyMaysed 2185Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
So I made a few pub NM
Baal
runs and on the 5th one a
Vex
dropped and it just sat there for a good 6-7 seconds... across the room from me and out of instinct i clicked instead of teleported. so i slowly walked over to it... and only at the very last second did the guy standing near it finally pick it up. gave me the sads. lol

But, i enjoy Bnet because i love playing with others. The excitement of FFA games, group MF runs, group
Key
/uber runs, Rushes, PVP, helping others, flexing my GG finds on unsuspecting players.

Single player is cool for the /playersX command and the map staying revealed... thats about it. Only nice for when the servers go down.. lol

I have been trying to perfect the art of assembling an 8 player party while not competing for loot.

It's an interesting dynamic where we have to put up with other people in order to maximise loot drops, but so appropriate. "Hell is other people" right??
Bnet allows for everyone to trade and get amazing items, even if the runes/items do not drop. I just got an Enigma
Mage Plate
, by sheer effort of torch farming (trading through this amazing website), without ever seeing a
Jah
or a
Ber
drop.

Also, public games are fun, allowing for player interactions and fun party configurations (like a
Conviction
paladin and strong casters).

Also, I had been playing mostly solo all my life, and I wanted to get nice chars that I can play both in PC and perhaps on switch.

Had a Dream about getting a
Lo
, and all I found today was a
Wisp Projector

Asha 343

Sorceress Europe PC
Here's my 5 cents.
I like offline bc: 1) smooth fps+no lags+no other distractions = deeper diving and more meditative gameplay. 2) /ppl command, of course 🙂. Besides, sometimes I want strict solo.
I play online bc: 1) trades, ofc. 2) Sometimes it's fun to play along somebody else, rush some less powerful char of other player, help with quests or give an advice. Or learn a lesson.
My conclusion: I'll take both, just need to combine both ways properly.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...