Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
5 replies   813 views

Description

So for the Zones type database entries, here's what I was thinking each relevant column would look like (off the top of my head).

Remember this is what determines how these results are connected to each other, filtered etc. Some of these columns already exist (and are best re-used to save on space and performance) so will be 'repurposed' for Zones. Have a look around on similar sites like Arreat or archived Amazon Basin and let me know if you think there are any other types of information we could include for each Zone entry - remember the information must be easy to source and contribute in a standardised format like the rest of the contributions we've seen so far.
  • Name of the Zone - this would include (in parentheses) the 'Level' of the zone. For example Durance of Hate (Level 3) as each level would have its own entry in the DB.
  • Zone type - Would be a choice between 'Open area' or 'Dungeon' for example. Any ideas on best way to categorise this?
  • Act - Quite simple really, the act in which this zone resides. For filtering etc.
  • Area level - The 'alvl' of the zone, useful for determining various outcomes and for later tooling etc.
  • Entered from - The immediate zone from which this zone is entered. For example
    Stony Field
    's data for this would be
    Cold Plains
  • Leads to - Any zones this zone leads to linearly, for example for
    Stony Field
    this would have multiple data inputs -
    Tristram
    , The Underground Passage.
  • Has waypoint - a simple boolean Yes/No if the zone has a waypoint to it.
Automatic relation data that wouldn't need contributing manually:
  • Quests in this zone - Would be automatically populated by the 'Completed in Zone' field for 'Quest' type entries.
  • Monsters in this zone - Would be automatically populated by the 'Found in Zone' field for 'Monster' type entries.
  • NPCs in this zone - Would be automatically populated by the 'Found in Zone' field for 'NPC' type entries.
The 'description' for zones would be filled in separately by contributors as is the case for items at this time.

So guys, anything else you think would be worthy of a space in the database for zones? Try to think wide about this - is there any data that would pair up well with other parts of the site, both existing and planned?
Description by Teebling

Can be used to make Runewords:

Teebling 5763Admin

Europe PC
So for the Zones type database entries, here's what I was thinking each relevant column would look like (off the top of my head).

Remember this is what determines how these results are connected to each other, filtered etc. Some of these columns already exist (and are best re-used to save on space and performance) so will be 'repurposed' for Zones. Have a look around on similar sites like Arreat or archived Amazon Basin and let me know if you think there are any other types of information we could include for each Zone entry - remember the information must be easy to source and contribute in a standardised format like the rest of the contributions we've seen so far.
  • Name of the Zone - this would include (in parentheses) the 'Level' of the zone. For example Durance of Hate (Level 3) as each level would have its own entry in the DB.
  • Zone type - Would be a choice between 'Open area' or 'Dungeon' for example. Any ideas on best way to categorise this?
  • Act - Quite simple really, the act in which this zone resides. For filtering etc.
  • Area level - The 'alvl' of the zone, useful for determining various outcomes and for later tooling etc.
  • Entered from - The immediate zone from which this zone is entered. For example
    Stony Field
    's data for this would be
    Cold Plains
  • Leads to - Any zones this zone leads to linearly, for example for
    Stony Field
    this would have multiple data inputs -
    Tristram
    , The Underground Passage.
  • Has waypoint - a simple boolean Yes/No if the zone has a waypoint to it.
Automatic relation data that wouldn't need contributing manually:
  • Quests in this zone - Would be automatically populated by the 'Completed in Zone' field for 'Quest' type entries.
  • Monsters in this zone - Would be automatically populated by the 'Found in Zone' field for 'Monster' type entries.
  • NPCs in this zone - Would be automatically populated by the 'Found in Zone' field for 'NPC' type entries.
The 'description' for zones would be filled in separately by contributors as is the case for items at this time.

So guys, anything else you think would be worthy of a space in the database for zones? Try to think wide about this - is there any data that would pair up well with other parts of the site, both existing and planned?

Including the sort of info shown at the link below would be super helpful. There's a lot of info regarding each zones layouts that's spread across the internet. Will be great to have it all in one place. I think there's a lot more hidden zone tricks I've seen in a super long Lama speedrunning tutorial, will try and gather what I can for each area.

Love what you've put together so far Teebling!

https://nightfallx2.wixsite.com/d2speedruns/map-layouts
OP

Teebling 5763Admin

Europe PC
Bees wrote: 2 years ago
I think there's a lot more hidden zone tricks I've seen in a super long Lama speedrunning tutorial, will try and gather what I can for each area.
Awesome. Well, if you can gather everything together regarding these things in a text file, in a condensed way, then we can see about the feasability of adding it as DB data.

Otherwise if it’s just paragraphs of text, then it’s better suited to descriptions/comments. The DB stores small numbers and strings.

Would be good to have an indicator "champions/bosses" and "super chests" in the region, like in "the pit".
You can read about it in the MF Tutorials.

If you have a column like this, you could easily determine which other Areas (not only TC85) are worth visiting.

D2 & LoD Veteran
Twitch: chr_isso
If you like my posts & content, I would really appreciate a follow on twitch!
Ex InDiablo.de Staff
Greatest Find:
Arkaine's Valor
Fishyzon Build
I wonder if it possible to list what items can drop in each area? Uniques, sets, runes, but also White bases and what sockets they would get at that item level from the area it dropped?

Just a thought.
OP

Teebling 5763Admin

Europe PC
havelox wrote: 2 years ago
I wonder if it possible to list what items can drop in each area? Uniques, sets, runes
We've discussed this in length before. Currently leaning towards doing this kind of stuff with full calculators instead of chronicling it all in the DB.
havelox wrote: 2 years ago
also White bases and what sockets they would get at that item level from the area it dropped?
Sockets by iLvl is coming shortly in patch 0.3 - you will see how this links in with alvl/difficulty, qlvl etc.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...