Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
7 replies   256 views

Description

Hi, I’m mostly playing casters, with
Teleport
(lightning sorc, foh).
I don t see how it would be possible to play without Insight on my merc, unless drinking a potion every 5seconds.
Is there any alternate gear that could provide enough mana regeneration?

Thank you for any suggestion

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hi, I’m mostly playing casters, with
Teleport
(lightning sorc, foh).
I don t see how it would be possible to play without Insight on my merc, unless drinking a potion every 5seconds.
Is there any alternate gear that could provide enough mana regeneration?

Thank you for any suggestion
my sorc, light, cold, fire, with native 1400~1500 mana, buffed to ~2000, can self sustain mana consumption without Insight, unless under heavy fire in which case
Energy Shield
will need pot to support.

you will need gears that can bump max mana and mana regen up. for instance,
Frostburn
, SOJ or
Arachnid Mesh
, gear in that nature. Of course, 1 point in
Warmth

do not know available options for FoH.

Non-Ladder, Softcore. You may mix and match by rates below.
Hel
← 1
Festering Essence of Destruction

Hel
← 3
Perfect Amethyst

Hel
← 1
Ist
I started this ladder with a CL Sorc, and I ran into the same problem. Even with Level 17
Meditation
I was drinking pots like an idiot.

There are some ways to increase manareg, but none of them is working for a CL sorc.

Maxing
Warmth
: Since CL sorc needs to put 100 pts into lightning tree, theres not much left over.

Increasing Manapool:
Frostburn
, CTA, maxing energy etc. Regeneration increases with higher mana pool, but again, as CL sorc you have to go the vitality route, not much mana to be expected (I ended up with around 1200 life and 300 mana). Due to higher breakpoints, you need GG gear to replace
Magefist
with
Frostburn
to reach the 117 FCR. CTA being the best solution here.
Since self-wielding Infinity is no good choice for CL, I need to keep that Insight merc or give him an Infinity, losing the best mana source there is. No way.

Use items with MaeK: This is another difficult option for CL sorc. For example,
Silkweave
will give you a lot of Maek, BUT since you don't have access to ES, resistances from boots matter a lot.

In the end, I respecced to
Nova
, and holy moly, that's one difference. I never looked back. No mana problems anymore, fully synergized ES and killspeed increased by 300%. I went full energy route and have 600 Life and 1500 mana without BO. I didn't change a single thing on my gear, actually working on a self wield Infinity (using Crescent Moon and Spirit at the moment and Memory for 92% ES).

My personal conclusion: CL sorc sucks (at least, without GG gear).

Same is for FoH Pala. Merc is
Prayer
merc with Cure and Insight. I just leave it like that, because its very convenient to not need potions.

ElSolDolLol

For low items I also accept: Perfect Amys,
Ral
Hel
, Tokens, Keys. Please don't offer runes lower than
Pul
(with the named exceptions).

NO PM OFFERS PLEASE! BE FAIR AND WRITE INTO THE THREAD :)

Schnorki 3757Moderator

PC
Simply put, it depends on your specific class/build and your overall gear.

Between mana/mana regen from gear (SoJ being among your best friends here), passive regen skills like
Warmth
and so on, some caster builds can indeed chain-dps/tele without Insight and without ever needing a pot.

Depending on build/gear you may also have the option of
Redemption
or the like (e.g. Phoenix) offsetting your mana consumption.

Other options that work quite well for certain builds include mana after kill for something that kills mass amounts in relatively few casts (e.g. javazons).

And if all else fails and you just need a bit more to hold you over, you do always have the option of dumping a few points into energy to bump your mana pool and regen.

All that said though, yes, some builds do have mana consumption that is so damn high that there simply is no realistic alternative to Insight.
Redemption
- direct or via Phoenix on switch
Many guides will tell you not to put a point into energy. The reasons being that with decent gear, you can usually get away with it. Also, in the past you couldn't respec, so skill point and stat point had to be carefully placed.

Now, you potentially have infinite respecs with tokens, not to mention the three Act 1 respecs added. If you play D2 like a normal RPG though, certain classes should be investing some amount of points into energy.

To be honest, I don't know how you expected to play a sorceress with 300 mana. Every sorc I've ever played, around 600 was the minimum healthy number.

If no price, offer. Give amount. LF Perfect Gems, Keys, Runes, and gearing my characters.
Current Chars:
Nova
/BlizzOrb/Fire Sorcs, WW (s/s), thrower, trav singer,
Nova
Necro,
Rabies
Druid, Java, Spearzon, Mosaic Asn, Trapsin, Uber Smiter.
Schnorki wrote: 7 hours ago
All that said though, yes, some builds do have mana consumption that is so damn high that there simply is no realistic alternative to Insight.
This. You just need to accept that some items (1.10 runewords and Mosaic) are insanely OP and there is hardly any alternative to them.

Just look at
Warmth
vs
Meditation
. The former provides 18 + 12*slvl% mana regen. The latter provides 275 + 25*slvl% - much higher at level 1 and per level. For the entire party. With additional healing (when synergized). And even the worst Insight gives level 12
Meditation
- 575% mana regen.
We can also look at other sources of mana regen. No other source gives a three-digit bonus.

Similarly you could ask if you could play a caster build without Enigma or a melee one without Grief. Sure, you might, but not without severely crippling yourself.

Also, speaking of 1.10, the gameplay was much different before it. Slower, more careful, without spamming and class homogenization. Not only we didn't have those OP RWs. but you couldn't even buy mana potions from vendors - you had to find (and thus conserve) them.
for foh - on switch Call To Arms in a
Scepter
w. +1
Redemption

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...