Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
10 replies   5012 views

Description

Kind of new to Runewords so I am trying to understand what to be looking for on the Insight?
I am guessing the
Voulge
is better because of the Med Aura and dmg?

Cheers!

Can be used to make Runewords:

Kind of new to Runewords so I am trying to understand what to be looking for on the Insight?
I am guessing the
Voulge

Cheers!

Stormlash 344Moderator

Paladin Europe PC
Dhamm wrote: 2 years ago
I am guessing the
Voulge

Cheers!
The
Voulge
is better.

Unless you're planning to wield it yourself instead of hireling (hence low requirements), use an elite weapon instead, such as
Thresher
Cryptic Axe
Giant Thresher
or
Great Poleaxe
Just as a character you can reach certain IAS (Increased attack speed) breakpoints on your mercenary. I suggest you find a calculator online which would give you more information. You could search for something like "Mercenary ias breakpoint calculator". The
Scythe
would allow you to reach a breakpoint easier since it is faster than a
Voulge
. Since Insight gives no IAS you would need it on the rest of his gear to reach a certain breakpoint. You can see that here Polearms. But I wouldn't worry too much at the level you are at. I would focus at getting an elite base with 4 sockets to start with. Would be even better if it's ethereal since the gear on mercenaries don't break.

In conclusion I would say that the weapon with the higher
Meditation
is better at the moment since it would allow you to regen your mana faster. Only worry about min maxing your mercenary at a later stage with elite bases found in Hell difficulty.

Deckard Cain, NA PC 0

It's ok to have a Normal level base to start off with but as your merc lvl's up, upgrade it to an Exceptional lvl base, then to an elite base. Keep the old ones for new toons to use.

You can look up the base types on here. -10 is the faster speed while 10 is slower speed, A
Scythe
Battle Scythe
Thresher
is the fastest and does the lowest damage with the lowest stat requirement. The
Poleaxe
Partizan
Cryptic Axe
is the slowest but does the most damage with the least stat requirements.

the stat people look for on them is the level 12-17
Meditation
I would choose the
Voulge
one just because of the level 17 med aura
personally,
Voulge
is a better one obviously.
The
Voulge
. Don't discount that roll on
Critical Strike
!
Deckard Cain, NA PC wrote: 2 years ago
It's ok to have a Normal level base to start off with but as your merc lvl's up, upgrade it to an Exceptional lvl base, then to an elite base. Keep the old ones for new toons to use.

You can look up the base types on here. -10 is the faster speed while 10 is slower speed, A
Scythe
Battle Scythe
Thresher
Poleaxe
Partizan
Cryptic Axe

Meditation
You can upgrade items with runewords in them? I thought that only works on unique items? Can someone confirm that?
Omoxyron wrote: 2 years ago

Scythe
Battle Scythe
Thresher
Poleaxe
Partizan
Cryptic Axe

Meditation
You can upgrade items with runewords in them? I thought that only works on unique items? Can someone confirm that?
Only normal and Unique items. Not set items, or already socketed items (pretty sure). However. You could theoretically upgrade a normal item to elite, then socket it with either the cube or
Larzuk
, then make a runeword out of it.
Omoxyron wrote: 2 years ago

Scythe
Battle Scythe
Thresher
Poleaxe
Partizan
Cryptic Axe

Meditation
you can only upgrade unique items and rares, and low quality normal items to normal quality but this sets the ilvl to 1.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...