Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
12 replies   587 views

Anyone else feel terror zone drop rates are terrible?

No data yet

Description

Alright, I want to talk about
Terror
zones. Does anyone e else feel that the drop rates in them are seriously borked.

I figure that in 8 players maybe the density is high enough to compensate, but as a psn player getting 8 people in one match is highly problematic. Also the game doesn't feel big enough with 8 players clearing it.

I would love tcp/ip Lan settings again so that I could turn players 8 on whenever and rock around lower kutast with my usual party, but whatever.

Anyway, I swear that they mucked up the drops in
Terror
zones. Hardly anything worth mentioning ever seems to drop even with a 369%mf pitzerker. Sure, not having p8 impacts things considerably. But I swear it feels like the only difference is that the enemies are 10% harder and they can potentially drop sumdŕ charms, which is don't exactly want or need.

I get that the tc should be higher due to the tz. I just don't really notice it.
Description by BoringTitle

Can be used to make Runewords:

Alright, I want to talk about
Terror
zones. Does anyone e else feel that the drop rates in them are seriously borked.

I figure that in 8 players maybe the density is high enough to compensate, but as a psn player getting 8 people in one match is highly problematic. Also the game doesn't feel big enough with 8 players clearing it.

I would love tcp/ip Lan settings again so that I could turn players 8 on whenever and rock around lower kutast with my usual party, but whatever.

Anyway, I swear that they mucked up the drops in
Terror
zones. Hardly anything worth mentioning ever seems to drop even with a 369%mf pitzerker. Sure, not having p8 impacts things considerably. But I swear it feels like the only difference is that the enemies are 10% harder and they can potentially drop sumdŕ charms, which is don't exactly want or need.

I get that the tc should be higher due to the tz. I just don't really notice it.
OP
I mean, if they really wanted to make a '
Terror
zone'. They could have just set players to double the number of players in the session for those areas...

Schnorki 3670Moderator

PC
TZ's don't necessarily drop more stuff. They merely drop stuff that may pull from higher level options than you would normally get in those zones.

So while you're not necessarily getting more in terms of number of items, you can get more in terms of "possible variety of said items", for all the good and bad that implies.

___
If you want to add me on b.net, please message me here first. Random unexpected invites will typically be declined.

M1ck 455

Europe PC
Only time I ever see good drops is start of ladder. It's also essence and
Key
drop galore then :).

Tin hat theory I know, but that’s just my experience based on playing over the past year and half. I’m sure others will differ.

I’ve now levelled 7 characters to 99 using the TZ method and agree with OP drops are garbage ;0 ;0

Necrarch 1944Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Side unrelated note : I am currently in Asia SC NL, and I see... no
Terror
zone. Nothing written on top right, no "purple" indication on waypoint. Am I alone ?

Edit : even restarted game + bnet client. Same issue.

Edit again : according to the trackers it's A2
Lost City
, went there, no TZ, just normal level.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
Yeah I think @Schnorki nailed it. I would also say that while I personally don't care much for the Sunder Charms, they Rain from the sky in terrorized zones.
@Necrarch I just checked and Asia SC NL I see the
Terror
zone.

azeroti#1149
PC/PS/Switch
Selling ber/Jah, click for wish list.
Can help with
Diablo Clone
PC/PS
Free
Uber Tristram
run on PS, accepting tips. Details
Necrarch wrote: 1 month ago
Side unrelated note : I am currently in Asia SC NL, and I see... no
Terror
zone. Nothing written on top right, no "purple" indication on waypoint. Am I alone ?

Edit : even restarted game + bnet client. Same issue.

Edit again : according to the trackers it's A2
Lost City
, went there, no TZ, just normal level.
It happens to me other day, because the "terrorized" checkbox (that I never uncheck by myself) was unchecked (take me a long time to notice that...)

But if is the case the
/terrorized
Show a specific message (can't remember now...)

I think my case was some bug (maybe because one of my chars finished Nightmare and the game was created with the option unchecked - as I didn't finished Nightmare yet when the game was created I could not mark the option. When I exited, the option was unchecked, as before, but as now I'm enable to check it, the game probably registered "unchecked" as the new default 🤔)

Time Zone: GMT-3
Online: workdays (18:00-21:00), weekends (09:00 - 21:00)
Non-Ladder | Softcore | Expansion
I thought TZ just increased monster levels (thus certain items that couldn't drop can now drop). I'd like a /player option in passworded games though..
OP
But here's the rub, the mlvl goes up, that's fine up goes the tc (treasure class). But does that affect poppables as well?

I would imagine yes. I would also imagine blizzard diluting the loot pools to prevent an influx of decent equipment.

I'm not saying that good loot can't drop from said locations. I'm saying that at least on p1. Far less uniques/runes seem to drop. I am debating on doing 1000 runs on a side by side (p1) to verify. Good old record and report.

(I suspect that quality goes up, quantity goes down)

Necrarch 1944Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
As for my issue, indeed the checkbox was unchecked, don't know why - didn't even know where to find the option, took me at least a minute, so could not do it on purpose !

A Blizzard joke, i guess.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
fredkid wrote: 1 month ago
But if is the case the
/terrorized
Show a specific message (can't remember now...)
you can also just do a /tz works as well as /terrorized
Honestly, all I can actually see a difference in is higher tier items drop,
War Club
or
Ogre Maul
instead of a
Maul

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...