Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
6 replies   341 views

Description

Hi all,

I just found a 3-socketed etheral
Ogre Axe
and was thinking of using Crescent Moon and its -35% lightning resist on the act II mercenary of my javazon.
Have you tried?
If so, do these -35% add up to the lightning sundering charm that I wear on that javazon?

Please give your thoughts
Thx!

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hi all,

I just found a 3-socketed etheral
Ogre Axe
and was thinking of using Crescent Moon and its -35% lightning resist on the act II mercenary of my javazon.
Have you tried?
If so, do these -35% add up to the lightning sundering charm that I wear on that javazon?

Please give your thoughts
Thx!

Schnorki 3575Moderator

PC
The -35 res don't carry over to you. They only work for your merc as he is the one wielding the weapon.

(Side note: topic moved to general forums)

___
If you want to add me on b.net, please message me here first. Random unexpected invites will typically be declined.
OP
Thx @Schnorki !
But it will add to the my sundering charm, right? I mean it will have an impact on the dmg of the merc?

Schnorki 3575Moderator

PC
It would if it were you but no.

Sunder charms work for you, your minions, your summons and all that jazz but they do not work for your merc, sadly. As a result, while your merc would get the -35 light res for himself from using Crescent Moon, he will still do 0 lightning dmg to lightning immunes as your sunder does not apply to him and -res from gear can't
Pierce
immunities.

If - theoretically - you were to wield Crescent Moon yourself, they would then indeed stack, meaning if you faced a lightning immune, your sunder would take it to 95% as sunders do and Crescent Moon would then take off another -35 to drop your target to 60% res for you. That still doesn't do anything for your merc however.
(And isn't an option for a javazon anyways)

___
If you want to add me on b.net, please message me here first. Random unexpected invites will typically be declined.
The only use of Crescent Moon on an act 2 merc would be the
Static Field
proc chance, but even then its not really good, crushing blow is better. Its more of a trapsin weapon.
OP
OK, thx a lot for the input guys!
IN before the merits of Crescent Moon + 4x RBF facet
Monarch
vs Infinity stick debate.

#1 Trade Seller on diablo.io

āŠ•Join New Tristram Talk!āŠ•
Flowers are only flowers because they fall,
but thankfully the Wind.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!