Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
3 replies   1244 views

Description

Looks like both LAN and Local Game Hosting didn't make it into the final cut for Resurrected :(
Blizzard wrote:
TCP/IP support will not be available in the upcoming Beta or the final game. After careful deliberation, we will no longer be supporting this option as we identified potential security risks and are committed to safeguarding the player experience.

Source
This is actually going to be a big deal for some of the older fans who will no doubt have played D2 over local network in those early days. Kind of an important loss in terms of nostalgia in that respect. In fact, I was kind of hoping this would be included in the final game - sheerly out of respect for Blizz attempting to do this kind of old school networking stuff in a year like 2021.

So long as I can completely turn off non-Diablo 2 popups/notifications etc. in Resurrected, I'll still be very happy with what sounds like a really, really good version of Battle.net anyway.

Besides, let's take off the rose-tinted glasses for a second. Do you guys remember how finnicky it was setting up a game over TCP/IP back then? There was static IP addresses to manage, having to forward ports on your router/modem, firewall/antivirus issues... sometimes it really took forever to get a game up and running smoothly.
Description by Teebling

Can be used to make Runewords:

Teebling 5983Admin

Europe PC
Looks like both LAN and Local Game Hosting didn't make it into the final cut for Resurrected :(
Blizzard wrote:
TCP/IP support will not be available in the upcoming Beta or the final game. After careful deliberation, we will no longer be supporting this option as we identified potential security risks and are committed to safeguarding the player experience.

Source
This is actually going to be a big deal for some of the older fans who will no doubt have played D2 over local network in those early days. Kind of an important loss in terms of nostalgia in that respect. In fact, I was kind of hoping this would be included in the final game - sheerly out of respect for Blizz attempting to do this kind of old school networking stuff in a year like 2021.

So long as I can completely turn off non-Diablo 2 popups/notifications etc. in Resurrected, I'll still be very happy with what sounds like a really, really good version of Battle.net anyway.

Besides, let's take off the rose-tinted glasses for a second. Do you guys remember how finnicky it was setting up a game over TCP/IP back then? There was static IP addresses to manage, having to forward ports on your router/modem, firewall/antivirus issues... sometimes it really took forever to get a game up and running smoothly.

Your so unbiased and honest thinking. If you had a podcast or show on a subject (I have KiraTV in mind) I would totally listen.

It still is finnicky.
Well, nowadays it really should not matter anymore.
You can have a private game on open bNet with your local SP characters and you're good...

D2 & LoD Veteran
Twitch: chr_isso
If you like my posts & content, I would really appreciate a follow on twitch!
Ex InDiablo.de Staff
Greatest Find:
Arkaine's Valor
Fishyzon Build
EDIT: Sigh, didn't notice the existing topic, thx for merge.

For me this is important because of mods unfortunately - you won't be able to play modded multi game through bnet.

The Soulstone burns with hellfire as an eerie red glow blurs your vision. Fresh blood flows into your eyes and you begin to hear the tormented whispers of the damned.
You have done what you knew must be done. The essence of Diablo is contained, for now.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation