Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
37 replies   985 views

Description

Starting to play this again after around a 5-6 month hiatus. Looking to better some of my builds (if needed) and starting with my javazon. Looking for some advice on what to do with her build, changes that can be done, that sort of thing. Below is my build

Weapon: Titan's (non-
Eth
)
Swap: CTA
Shield: Spirit (34%)
Swap: Phoenix (
Redemption
)
Armor: Enigma
Helm
: Griffon 23/17 (including my 5/5 facet)
Gloves: 2/20 2LL 9 CB 10 Life
Boots
:
Waterwalk

Belt
Razortail

Amulet: Highlords
Ring:
Raven
20 dex 224 AR
Ring: 10 FCR, (just swapped out my SOJ for this)
Charms: 7x plain Java skillers.
Crack of the Heavens
, Hfire, Anni.

I thought about swapping
Boots
out for travs and a skiller out for a Gheeds but I'm not sure if adding the MF is worth the damage loss.

My LF damage is 931-1987 (cold) and 1 -3315 (lightning) with the Phoenix equipped and with the Spirit equipped it's 456-1040 (cold) and 1-3521 (lightning). I assume the important number here is the lightning but with the Phoenix equipped it seems like more overall damage. That said the FCR from Spirit seems more needed for
Teleport
breakpoints. With all of this equipped my IAS is 40%, FCR is 69%, FHR is 60%, and MF is 94%.

Is the damage and stats sufficient? obviously I could probably get a better griffons to push damage but wasn't sure if I wasn't already sitting at a good number. My kill speed solo is pretty good but it just seems my mobility seems slower than other. Also should I try to push for more MF or is what I have fine? Mostly a cow runner so mainly going for rune/base drops.

Can be used to make Runewords:

Starting to play this again after around a 5-6 month hiatus. Looking to better some of my builds (if needed) and starting with my javazon. Looking for some advice on what to do with her build, changes that can be done, that sort of thing. Below is my build

Weapon: Titan's (non-
Eth
)
Swap: CTA
Shield: Spirit (34%)
Swap: Phoenix (
Redemption
)
Armor: Enigma
Helm
: Griffon 23/17 (including my 5/5 facet)
Gloves: 2/20 2LL 9 CB 10 Life
Boots
:
Waterwalk

Belt
Razortail

Amulet: Highlords
Ring:
Raven
20 dex 224 AR
Ring: 10 FCR, (just swapped out my SOJ for this)
Charms: 7x plain Java skillers.
Crack of the Heavens
, Hfire, Anni.

I thought about swapping
Boots
out for travs and a skiller out for a Gheeds but I'm not sure if adding the MF is worth the damage loss.

My LF damage is 931-1987 (cold) and 1 -3315 (lightning) with the Phoenix equipped and with the Spirit equipped it's 456-1040 (cold) and 1-3521 (lightning). I assume the important number here is the lightning but with the Phoenix equipped it seems like more overall damage. That said the FCR from Spirit seems more needed for
Teleport
breakpoints. With all of this equipped my IAS is 40%, FCR is 69%, FHR is 60%, and MF is 94%.

Is the damage and stats sufficient? obviously I could probably get a better griffons to push damage but wasn't sure if I wasn't already sitting at a good number. My kill speed solo is pretty good but it just seems my mobility seems slower than other. Also should I try to push for more MF or is what I have fine? Mostly a cow runner so mainly going for rune/base drops.

"Having Shadowheart around is better than luck. More reliable."
~Necrarch
Hi there ^^

I would recommend going full lightning damage: swapping
Razortail
(with + skills you should already have about 75%
Pierce
with 1 point in it and trust me it's enough) for thundergod's(better damage than arach, this is what i use), and if you can ditch the Spirit(teleporting will be slower but on my build i just run to get places mostly, especially in cows) you can use a 4x facet shield, makes a whole lot of difference, doesn't need to be a jmod or a jmoc, a simple faceted
Monarch
will do if you don't have the resources to get those. also for my zon i use a mara(more skill points than highlords and +rez) since you don't need a lot of ias if damage is insane(the only benefit from highlords is the ias i think, physical damage you can ignore as lightning damage is more important and sufficient). this should really boost your light damage by a lot but you will lose about 2 fcr breakpoints, some ias and some physical damage, it would be enough for p8 games, the rest i think is fine :)

if you wanna go for the magic find route - wartravs(think you should get some
Boots
with 30 frw anyway)/gheeds/scs with rez/mf, try to hit 250 mf(you can also get some 2/20 gloves with mf and ditch the crushing blow)

if you want to see my build in action pm me and we can get together for a cow run or two ^^
I think everyone is going to give you very different, very strong opinions here. I think your current build is excellent, and close to the bis maxroll build, so anything from here is either min-maxing or customizing/prioritizing

If you want to min-max based on damage calculations, then completely ignore the in-game damage calculations, which are almost always wrong. Here is a better, but also not perfect, way: https://maxroll.gg/d2/d2planner/sj01061l#5

100%
Pierce
is incredibly important for max damage on
Lightning Fury
, especially in cows. Various content creators have videos on the mechanics here--the one I remember best is one from Bowa on youtube. You can run other belts if you have other priorities, but you need to decide for yourself whether you care most about damage,
Teleport
speed, magic find, quality of life, etc.

Stand and fight
Live by your heart
Always one more try
I'm not afraid to die
Stand and fight
Say what you feel
Born with a heart of Steel
I use a similar build and already tried a lot of configurations 😉
I prefer
Razortail
for
Belt
(100%
Pierce
make diference against big mobs)
And Phoenix as shield for quality of life (if you can make high resistance with other items. You will do less damage, but still enough to farm fast, but don't have to worry about life/mana anymore 😛)

https://maxroll.gg/d2/d2planner/12eyb0h0

Time Zone: GMT-3
Online: workdays (18:00-21:00), weekends (09:00 - 21:00)
Non-Ladder | Softcore | Expansion

uuee 30

Europe PC
fredkid wrote: 2 days ago
I use a similar build and already tried a lot of configurations 😉
I prefer
Razortail
for
Belt
(100%
Pierce
make diference against big mobs)
And Phoenix as shield for quality of life (if you can make high resistance with other items. You will do less damage, but still enough to farm fast, but don't have to worry about life/mana anymore 😛)

https://maxroll.gg/d2/d2planner/12eyb0h0
I'd use Flickering Flame (higher aura the better) + coh on merc to cover fire res and to be able to use javazon gloves:)

Also, for the other ring, I'd use something with FCR to hit 32FCR breakpoint for 15 frame tele.
Ring and gloves I'm trying to find better ones rare/crafted... 😓
(but the extra damage from the +2
Javelin
will not make much difference in the end, I already kill things quickly...)

I prefer Enigma over Chains of Honor for mobility / quality of life

But no way to replace
Griffon's Eye
😉😛
And if I would replace
Helm
for resistances, there are better options... Flickering Flame L8
Resist Fire
will give you 106 fr, you can get 120+ 'resist points' with many of unique/set helms (one cheap is
Tal Rasha's Horadric Crest
+
Um
)

uuee 30

Europe PC
fredkid wrote: 1 day ago
Ring and gloves I'm trying to find better ones rare/crafted... 😓
(but the extra damage from the +2
Javelin
will not make much difference in the end, I already kill things quickly...)

I prefer Enigma over Chains of Honor for mobility / quality of life

But no way to replace
Griffon's Eye
😉😛
And if I would replace
Helm
for resistances, there are better options... Flickering Flame L8
Resist Fire
will give you 106 fr, you can get 120+ 'resist points' with many of unique/set helms (one cheap is
Tal Rasha's Horadric Crest
+
Um
)
You misunderstood me. Flickering Flame (and coh for leech) on the merc to give you the
Resist Fire
aura, you keep your griffons and Enigma ofc.
🤔🤔🙂🙂
1st time I saw that ideia. Nice 🙂🙂
It may work!!! In practice I do must of the kills. Merc is there just because of Infinity.
I will try that!!!
Even L4 Fire Resist may be ok (85 fr 14.6 radius)

TheDoo 339

Europe PC
Javazon is still brokenly OP, you can literally just have TStrokes or Titans and be naked (or have some random magic/rare gear) and be completely fine. Sufficient dmg for her is simply by having Titans (or even some 4/40 Javs) and Sunder and that's it. Everything else is just a bonus incl. Merc.

Hell, when I run full MF setup with bunch of 6 and 7 MF scs and literally like all MF gear (except Titans) even with negative res she still rekts everything, yes you need to be a bit more careful and if you are using Enigma you need to think where to tele yada yada yada but you are still so OP you almost don't notice the difference.

Depends on what you want to do, you can push your gear a bit more to get even more dmg or you can add some more safety like change Waterwalks for some 3-res
Boots
or get Gores. Since you are mostly ranged/distance char and you don't really need AR you can always change Raven's for SoJ/BK. You can get yourself 3/20s instead of what you have, not to mention obvious stuff like a pair of eth-Titans and perfect Griffons. I'm betting you are carrying cube with you (like I am on every char) you can just get rid of it and use TP scrolls from the
Belt
and get yourself 1 more skiller if you are just pushing to 99/doing Ubers.

Ofc there are some crazy options if you want to go full bonkers on dmg and completely sacrifice movement and do like 4-socketed armor and shield with 5/5 facets and like 6/40 Javs.

Ma neeeeeeema veeeeeeeze! xd

Someone much smarter than me already said once: "The real value of something doesn't reflect in a number of how much a seller is asking for it, but on how much a buyer is willing to pay for it."
About the
Flickering Flame + Chains of Honor
for the Merc

If Merc is L93+ you can get life steal and max resist with
Skin of the Flayed One
/
Boneflesh
/
Greyform
+
Um

instead of Chains of Honor (and save your
Ber
😉)

uuee 30

Europe PC
About the
Flickering Flame + Chains of Honor
for the Merc

If Merc is L93+ you can get life steal and max resist with
Skin of the Flayed One
/
Boneflesh
/
Greyform
+
Um

instead of Chains of Honor (and save your
Ber
😉)
Maybe i'm too non ladder, but for me a
Ber
is not a big deal (especially, since all the other alternatives are worse).

2 skill is +2 to might (in your example, i'd use hole freeze) that is 20ed
2 skill is +2 to his
Jab
that is 6ed and 18% AR
20 str is 20ed
200ed to demons and 100ed to undead are self exp.
8% ll is higher than all the other alternatives
8% DR is better than nothing:)
I didn't say the options are better 😝
Just cheaper 😉

OP
If you are looking for advise. I would get
Razortail
Belt
and swap the
Helm
for
Griffon's Eye
if you can or get something like a
Shako
or
Valkyrie Wing
and then put a Lightning Facet in it. Sure Tgods does more damage than Razor tail but you ultimately will probably do more damage this way. Tstrokes works great, but Titans Revenge works well also, especially if you upgrade it, It does give less damage but the replenish stack is convenient enough. Definitely get different
Boots
Silkweave
(for mana), Waterwalks, Sandstorm Trecks, or War Travelers would all have better benefits in one way or another. Also I noticed you have a bunch of small/large charms in your inventory, what attributes do those give? If they are for Attack Rating please note that all the skills a
Lightning Fury
Javazon uses are always 100% hit so there is no need to stack dexterity above the amount needed to equip everything nor do you need the extra AR to make sure you hit targets. Try to fill your inventory with Javaline Skillers and have one
Crack of the Heavens
GC.
Laying of Hands
is nice to have, but if you can get ahold of some 2 java skill/20 IAS gloves that would be ideal. Your rings and amulet are great options, only suggestion is if you ever switch to running Enigma for
Teleport
you might want to increase FCR some (not sure what your sitting at). Also make sure you are hitting a good IAS breakpoint, if you aren't then you may want to trade mara's for high lords to help out. I think the 2 IAS breakpoints people shoot for is 30 or 52.

Stats wise as stated, you only need enough STR and DEX to equip your gear, everything after that should go into VIT. MAYBE some points into energy if you have mana issues but probably best to just push VIT.

~Necrarch
OP
marl71 wrote: 2 days ago
I think everyone is going to give you very different, very strong opinions here. I think your current build is excellent, and close to the bis maxroll build, so anything from here is either min-maxing or customizing/prioritizing

If you want to min-max based on damage calculations, then completely ignore the in-game damage calculations, which are almost always wrong. Here is a better, but also not perfect, way: https://maxroll.gg/d2/d2planner/sj01061l#5

100%
Pierce
is incredibly important for max damage on
Lightning Fury
, especially in cows. Various content creators have videos on the mechanics here--the one I remember best is one from Bowa on youtube. You can run other belts if you have other priorities, but you need to decide for yourself whether you care most about damage,
Teleport
speed, magic find, quality of life, etc.
This is kind of what I guessed but wondering if there was a general consensus on something that may be best changed out on my build. As for in game damage calulations, these are definitely not accurate especially when taking into account enemy resistances and your own - enemy lightning resists from the Griffons/Facets, but it can serve as a kind of baseline. Overall I just feel kind of slow in clear times especially solo ( I find it incredibly hard to pick items up when playing in groups) and when I do play group games it seems others are clearing super fast or I'm having a hard time keeping up.

~Necrarch
Thanks a lot.I got nearly perfect
Shako
smwhr in the chars,but I've planned to use
Crown
2 OS with enhanced dmg and fire dmg. Is it ok for the lightning imbue ones?

Stand and fight
Live by your heart
Always one more try
I'm not afraid to die
Stand and fight
Say what you feel
With
Lightning Fury
Charged Strike
and
Lightning Strike
, your physical damage is almost irrelevant compared to your lightning damage.
So put two Rainbow Facets instead of 40% ed jewels
(Or something that will enable you trade some equipment for more skill bonus)

To compare, my damage is worse with Phoenix (300% - 400% ed) than with Spirit (2 skill)
(I'm still with Phoenix for the quality of life improvement 🤗)

With
Lightning Fury
Charged Strike
and
Lightning Strike
, your physical damage is almost irrelevant compared to your lightning damage.
So put two Rainbow Facets instead of 40% ed jewels
(Or something that will enable you trade some equipment for more skill bonus)

To compare, my damage is worse with Phoenix (300% - 400% ed) than with Spirit (2 skill)
(I'm still with Phoenix for the quality of life improvement 🤗)
My first char not barbarian :) Now it's time to buy facets,let's see.Thnks a lot.

Stand and fight
Live by your heart
Always one more try
I'm not afraid to die
Stand and fight
Say what you feel
OP
Manowar wrote: 1 day ago
Thanks a lot.I got nearly perfect
Shako
smwhr in the chars,but I've planned to use
Crown
2 OS with enhanced dmg and fire dmg. Is it ok for the lightning imbue ones?
As others have stated the + skills and extra lightning damage is way better than Enhanced Damage for the JAVA Zon. The best
Helm
to get would be
Griffon's Eye
hands down, after that I'm not sure if it would be better to run the COA with 2 facets or a
Shako
/
Valkyrie Wing
with 1 facet, maybe somebody else would have that answer. Personally I would probably go for the
Valkyrie Wing
or
Shako
as the STR requirement would be far less and you could instead pump those stats into VIT. I doubt the damage difference would be that much between the 3 helms though.
Valkyrie Wing
is probably better since it has IAS
but
Shako
would probably provide more survivability.

~Necrarch

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...