Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
33 replies   5842 views

Description

Description by BillyMaysed

Can be used to make Runewords:

Really ? I've used valks before with a bow zon and they tended to get crapped on. That was LoD days though

Xbox GT: Cinomed541 add me if you need someone to play with.

Deleted User 632 0

Cinomed541 wrote: 2 years ago
Really ? I've used valks before with a bow zon and they tended to get crapped on. That was LoD days though
yea. my lvl 90 act 2 merc with 1k+ def armour Treachery,
Holy Freeze
Vampire Gaze
and Insight dies more often then the Peace
Valkyrie
. used it until i got myself a
Eth
skullders for magic find.
Udyret wrote: 2 years ago
yea. my lvl 90 act 2 merc with 1k+ def armour Treachery,
Holy Freeze
Vampire Gaze
and Insight dies more often then the Peace
Valkyrie
. used it until i got myself a
Eth
skullders for magic find.
I get that, I don't know what changed with my merc but I went from spending 200k a game of cows to him never even losing health when fighting
Baal
or D and only needs revived when I get clapped.

Xbox GT: Cinomed541 add me if you need someone to play with.
Echoing Elfwine's suggestions, and also my opinions:

Helm
:
Valkyrie Wing
is a fantastic hat you can get for cheap: +2 skills/20% FRW/mana after kill, everything a Javazon wants for a
Lem
. You can keep it for an endgame build.
Shako
is great as well, but more expensive.

Amulet:
The Cat's Eye
is also a cheap (
Lem
) endgame amulet, but you might want the rare amulet for now for the res. Otherwise, plain +2 amazon skills amulets are everywhere - I vendor them all the time because they're unsellable.
Highlord's Wrath
is a typical rec as well but probably too expensive for now.

Armor: I loved Treachery while leveling as a noob. 45 IAS to easily hit breakpoints without expensive IAS gloves/amulets, and
Fade
made it much easier to survive Hell. I would pick Treachery over Peace - it's worth the
Lem
. And you can still use Treachery on merc once you're done with it.

Torch: this is probably going to be your best bang for buck. You can get a low roll Zon torch for like
Um
/
Mal
right now, and I think you should spend your
Um
on that.

Gloves: probably wait until later to get a 2 skills/20IAS glove because they're expensive. In the meantime, you can pretty easily vendor +3 Jav skills gloves, or get a free one from me (I have a ton). Any 20 IAS gloves are decent though, and you could probably get some super-cheap
Blood Gloves
with 20 IAS and life leech for even better surviving.
I like using Sanctuary (KoKoMal) in a 3 socket
Troll Nest
for the shield. Since it covers almost all the resistances you need of 50-70 all res. Also has a lower strength requirement than a
Monarch
by a significant amount and higher defence.
Udyret wrote: 2 years ago
Nah, it just has a 2% chance of summoning when you get hit. And a lvl 15 is weak on anything but normal. That's probably why it dies instantly.
it's on striking and it is very strong even in hell.
It can take a few hits, but she summons as said through striking.
I am constantly re-summoning her and as said, it is a straight lvl 15 Valk, which is well sufficient as a meat shield in between you as a glass cannon and the mobs.
I learned that for self summoning you would be looking at a lvl 17 for better equip when summoning her by yourself through skill. But that is not the case here.
I only don't know if skill points in
Decoy
etc give a benefit to the Peace summoned Valk.

So to go back to OP:
You can give it a try with the Peace runeword, it is pretty easy to obtain.

Look into upping your Titan's, if you anyways have the requirements for carrying a
Monarch
Only dexterity you may wanna check, so you don't end up not being able to carry your javs anymore after you upped them ;)

Watch out for your torch and few small res charms and 2-3 Java skillers.

Don't forget about finishing your normal and nightmare quests for some of the bonuses, ie on resistances(a5).

Fen 92

Amazon Europe PC
I'm using Peace on my Javazon, I really like it. Synergies and such don't effect Skill on Weapons afaik, the only thing that adds is +All Skills.

I'd also suggest you to buy a torch and some skillers, they're pretty cheap and can have a huge impact.

Prices are negotiable :)
Please DO NOT add me, before I accepted a trade or without comment, thanks! :)
Offers via pm will be ignored.

Deleted User 632 0

guessing the Delirium runeword could be a great option too.
bombek wrote: 2 years ago
tatatat wrote: 2 years ago
Not sure if you're allowed to post offers on this forum, but I have a +30 all res magic amulet you might like for your build. Same res as a perfect mara's, just without the plus skills and attributes.

Add me on BNET to trade.

For your body armor I suggest getting a
Skin of the Vipermagi
, you can usually get them for a
Pul
. The FCR won't benefit your javazon much, but the +1 all skills and the nice boost to res will be an upgrade from your Stealth.

Many people also prefer a
Razortail
to a
Thundergod's Vigor
because of the
Pierce
attribute.

You can also consider buying a +2-3 to
Javelin
skills, + increased attack speed gloves. This will help boost the damage of your javelins.

If you haven't already, you should make sure your mercenary's gear is good too. Your mercenary should have a Level 15+
Meditation
Insight in a
Thresher
/
Giant Thresher
/
Great Poleaxe
. This should cost a
Pul
or less. A Treachery in an elite base armor. And a
Vampire Gaze
or
Crown of Thieves
. These can usually cost you a
Pul
Thank you! This body armor looks very nice and is very cheap aroud 15 pgms. I can also upgrade it with (
Ko
+
Lem
) for more defence.

The gloves are also missing part, and they are not so expensive. I already posted some offers but forgot to buy them due to Holiday break. Thanks for reminding me.

About helmet are the skills trigerred by Delirium strong? Does it beat the
Harlequin Crest
?

Yes the merch equipment is very important currently I have:
  • Black Hades
    w/ some resists and +53% to damage in socketed jewels
Definitely consider upgrading to the mercenary gear I mentioned. Insight will help you not have to chug mana pots as often, as you'll get around 600-700% mana regen which is a huge help for a lightning javazon.
Undead Crown
isn't bad, but it isn't a great mercenary
Helm
. The life leech on it is good, but a
Crown of Thieves
has higher life leech, and a
Vampire Gaze
is superior because of its damage reduction. The real reason why Treachery is one of the best mercenary armor pieces that you can equip is because of its chance to proc
Fade
Fade
will instantly boost your mercenary's resistances to all 75 at your level, and will also give a high amount of physical damage reduction. If you equip the mercenary gear I mentioned, the only things that should be able to kill your mercenary are act bosses, might aura'd minions, and
Travincal
usually.

I'd consider Delirium a little too expensive for your build and out of scope. The +2 to all skills is nice, but if you want that consider getting a +2 skills
Valkyrie Wing
. It will probably be even cheaper than a
Shako
since it usually sells for
Lem
-
Pul

Good luck with your build!

If you offer what I am asking, add me on battle.net for a quicker trade. I'll see the notification instantly if I'm available.
OP
Guys, you are awesome!

Thanks a lot for all the comments.

Some update:

Got 20 IAS, 3LL, +1 java skills gloves from Elfwine, also got carried over Act3. I finished Act4 on my own, got
Ist
from the forge.
Also sold some +1 necro charm for
Mal
+
Um
Bought 15/16 torch for
Ist
Bought
Skin of the Vipermagi
and upgraded it to Elite.
Bought 184ED/9LL
Titan's Revenge
and replaced my old one 169ED/7LL.

My res look much more better at the moment.
Also the
Wand
works :) But not on every mob, so my apologise for not beliving in one's comment.

Currently my main focus is to gear up Merc: so looking for Base for Treachery and for Insight.
Budget after recent trades is even better than before shopping so I will not pick lowest bases.

What is best?
Thresher
Giant Thresher
or
Great Poleaxe
? Does it really matter?
Can the Body Armor be "heavy/medium" or should be Light as mine?

Why
Great Poleaxe
goes for
Fal
, where it has better Weapon Speed than
Giant Thresher
, and also Superior
Giant Thresher
which goes for
Ist
or more has same damage as Normal
Great Poleaxe
?

Fen 92

Amazon Europe PC

Also the
Wand
works :) But not on every mob
Some Immunites need more than the
Wand
or the Aura to break , some need both, some can't be broken - I think one of the D2 Wiki's does have a sheet where you can see what's needed to break immunities of different foes. If I'm farming I do ignore Lightning + Physical immunes, if only lightning, I
Jab
them or leave it to the merc :D.

Prices are negotiable :)
Please DO NOT add me, before I accepted a trade or without comment, thanks! :)
Offers via pm will be ignored.
Why
Great Poleaxe
goes for
Fal
, where it has better Weapon Speed than
Giant Thresher
, and also Superior
Giant Thresher
which goes for
Ist
or more has same damage as Normal
Great Poleaxe
?
No, that is not correct.
Great Poleaxe
is Fast,
Giant Thresher
is Very Fast. Mouse over their tooltips to check.

The reason for that is that increased attack speed for the A2 merc is the best way to increasing his damage and sustainability through life leeching. Since the merc cannot equip IAS jewellery, he only has the weapon, head, and armor slots available. Therefore using the fastest weapon possible helps a lot with reaching the breakpoints.

You can use IAS calculators, but I find it easiest to demonstrate with this image: https://imgur.com/SDI5f9H .
It shows the IAS breakpoints of the merc to the left and the attack frames in the middle for all Elite Polearm weapons.
OP
Jinsho wrote: 2 years ago

No, that is not correct.
Great Poleaxe
is Fast,
Giant Thresher
is Very Fast. Mouse over their tooltips to check.

The reason for that is that increased attack speed for the A2 merc is the best way to increasing his damage and sustainability through life leeching. Since the merc cannot equip IAS jewellery, he only has the weapon, head, and armor slots available. Therefore using the fastest weapon possible helps a lot with reaching the breakpoints.

You can use IAS calculators, but I find it easiest to demonstrate with this image: https://imgur.com/SDI5f9H .
It shows the IAS breakpoints of the merc to the left and the attack frames in the middle for all Elite Polearm weapons.
Pardon me, but I completly do not understand this graphic.

I understood it. I need IAS to calculate the Speed. So for my 45 from Body Armor
Great Poleaxe
is doing 3.84 attacks per second while
Thresher
/
Giant Thresher
does 4.16. You're right.
Mhm. So what should I be looking at in the weapons? Which class does Merc is assigned to?
The A2 merc has two attacks : a normal attack, and a
Jab
special attack.
The top row of images is for the
Jab
attack, and the bottom row is for the normal attack.
Going across each row you have the different Elite Polearms.
As I have stated above, on each image you see the IAS on the left side and the framedata of the attack in the middle.

The takeaway from this is that having a faster weapon on the Merc allows you to get a faster attack on him with less IAS from other gear, which means faster life leech.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...