Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
35 replies   1653 views

Do you play today the beta?

Poll ended at 1 year ago

Yeah I bought it. But no. I’ll wait for full game (0%)
No votes
Sure’s hell!! I’ve waited years for this! (12%)
D4?? Who cares man. I’m d2r all the way. (70%)
I havent bought it. Just checking the open beta first. (19%)
Total votes: 43
Total votes: 43

Description

Well. It’s coming. Whether we like it or not. Diablo iv.
Description by rikus

Can be used to make Runewords:

rikus 126

Amazon Americas PC
Well. It’s coming. Whether we like it or not. Diablo iv.

goodluck, and may the RNG god be with you.

Schnorki 3024Moderator

PC
Leaning (very) heavily on the "not" side.

Given, once the beta opens up to everyone, I'll probably still give it a try but from everything I've seen from Blizz over the last few years and everything I've seen of DIV so far, that beta experience would have to be absolutely stellar to make me go and actually buy it. Doubtful, to say the least.

ShadowHeart 1557Moderator

Europe PC
I have never played a beta and I don't intend to start now :P I will be getting D4 when it comes out, just not now ;)

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.

Necrarch 1494Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
If I already had time to play D2R... but starting a new game ? When ? :D Perhaps in 2040 when the kids are grown up... or before if they wanna play with me and if the wife allows it.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
I won't be playing it for certain as I don't really have time for games these days. But even if I did, the game looks too "modern" to my liking anyway.
I have pre ordered it, but i dont know if a will play it, maybe tomorrow

ALL MY TRADES ARE NON-LADDER

"ARGHHHHHHH, FRESH MEAT"
Got the KFC beta code and just finished downloading.

No kids here and work from home, so will be playing for the whole day + weekend, most likely.

But that's assuming I'm able to log in.. Still remember "Error 37" from D3 like it's yesterday!

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.

Schnorki 3024Moderator

PC
Zero187 wrote: 1 year ago
work from home, so will be playing for the whole day
I love how pretty much everyone has the same understanding of "work from home" :D

Teebling 5763Admin

Europe PC
I'll give it a spin when the open beta starts (next weekend?).

Not holding my breath for a masterpiece but will try and go in eyes wide open.

Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
Zero187 wrote: 1 year ago
work from home, so will be playing for the whole day
I love how pretty much everyone has the same understanding of "work from home" :D
Ha yes, it really is a blessing. I'm a DBA for big insurance company and manage a good couple dozen MSSQL servers, and when things are running smooth, as they are now, I can sit back and let the ship sail. Very thankful to have gotten this opportunity!

Hardly can understand why they give only access for a weekend for a pre-purchase, while the end game beta (in Fall) was accessible roughly for 2 months without any payment obligation.

Please not offer lower runes than
Pul
(only exception is
Ral
), but rather pgems - especially pamets - or keys.

only NON-ladder trade
Where's the I'll have a closer look at it once it has been released and matured option?
After the disappointment that was d3 and especially after they demonstrated they're unscrupulous enough to release diablo immortal I'm not about to buy blizzard games when they come out anymore.
I definitely will not play it if they stick with the attributes come from items and your main attribute is the main way to improve your dps concept from D3. This made gear choices meaningless.

mhlg 777

Americas PC
After D3 I'm skeptical about jumping to D4 without knowing more about it. If it's just a continuation of D3 then for me "it's dead in the water." I think I heard Heidi say that he has access to the Beta and he will be streaming a preview of it?

Please post offer in item trade before adding me on Bnet

Schnorki 3024Moderator

PC
He has and he will. Some folks on his disc are already streaming it.

Just from a quick look there..feels like another (equally mweh) attempt at D3-successor more than anything. Nothing that keeps my interest enough to keep watching at least.
I played the last beta they had. It was better than D3 for sure but still lacking. If we could have more than 4 skills available at a time that would help, but I don't know how well that would go over with the controller crowd. The itemization still felt like D3, and I really hate that I cannot pick my stats (when I get an item with +10 to vitality I go okay?).

Also the old problem I had with D3 still exists where I can have as much power as a sorceress with a bloody big hammer as I can with a
Wand
? If I understand how "item power" works.

Anyways, I'll buy it when it goes on sale, beat it shelve it, keep playing D2 like I did D3

I am available for trading every other week, limited trading on my off week.
Thanks for understanding.

Bouncing back and forth between D2 and D4
First load attempt:

1 minute in queue, followed by this error:

"PROBLEM FINDING SERVERS AVAILABLE TO PING"

CODE 396022

Hit OK, then application froze + crashed.

Back in queue now, showing 10 minutes and counting.. Off to the usual start!

UPDATE: 2nd attempt going much better. Watching opening cinematic now.

UPDATE 2: Barbarian has been created!

UPDATE 3: Beat first boss but got disconnected shortly after with a new error code:
Found this article about it: https://upcomer.com/how-to-fix-error-co ... blo-4-beta

Now back in queue again. Giving me flashbacks to early D2R! I don't remember a queue in D3 for some reason, but maybe those are just repressed memories..

mhlg 777

Americas PC
I'll wait until Heidi does a few D4 streams before even considering purchasing it.

If Blizzard is confident that D4 is an actual continuation of the D1/D2 legacy, then they should offer access to the Beta without the pre-purchase requirement. The fact that they're not only adds to the skepticism, and invokes memories of the D3 experience.

Please post offer in item trade before adding me on Bnet
Bought the early access - got home, fired it up - 120+ minute queue just to play. Ridiculous. So.........
lowkey wrote: 1 year ago
Bought the early access - got home, fired it up - 120+ minute queue just to play. Ridiculous. So.........
F

mhlg wrote: 1 year ago
I'll wait until Heidi does a few D4 streams before even considering purchasing it.

If Blizzard is confident that D4 is an actual continuation of the D1/D2 legacy, then they should offer access to the Beta without the pre-purchase requirement. The fact that they're not only adds to the skepticism, and invokes memories of the D3 experience.
Next weekend is open beta, all chars. For 2 days, no purchase required I believe

"Those who have pre-purchased Diablo IV will receive Early Access to the Open Beta from March 17 to 19. On the following weekend, the Open Beta will be available to everyone from March 24 to 26."

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/264207

I am available for trading every other week, limited trading on my off week.
Thanks for understanding.

Bouncing back and forth between D2 and D4

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation