Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
30 replies   3002 views

Description

k so after weeks of grinding and exhaustive trading i now have the runes required to make an Enigma and im curious whats the best base to use. Im building a FoH paladin if that makes a diff. any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Can be used to make Runewords:

Banjo 138

Sorceress Americas PC
k so after weeks of grinding and exhaustive trading i now have the runes required to make an Enigma and im curious whats the best base to use. Im building a FoH paladin if that makes a diff. any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Mage Plate
or
Cuirass
, get yourself a total of 35 points (or 40, resp.) of strength from
Annihilus
+
Hellfire Torch
This way you get to spend exactly zero points on strength for your build, or any other build for that matter, which has zero use for strength.

If you go with
Cuirass
, I'd strongly advise to do it 15%ED only, so you have a chance of getting it over 1000 def, which looks nicer than <1000. :P

If you get a PM offer, post it in the trade. Promote healthy competition instead of settling for less. ;)
OP

Banjo 138

Sorceress Americas PC
ok thats really good advice. thank you.
Mage Plate
for the look, if you ever give a
Cuirass
to a barb he ll look like he forgot his pants at home

Sweet Lovely Death
Just waiting for your breath
Come sweet Death
One Last Caress

Necrarch 1606Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
I have gone
Mage Plate
myself for my necro, but some people prefer Elite bases. There are several discussions in the Enigma runeword page itself to give you more input (click on the word itself in this post)

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
If you never want to trade it ever, go for any piece of gear that you like aesthetically. There is no price on looking badass and stylish, in my opinion.

The safest bet for trading is always
Mage Plate
/
Archon Plate
base.

Please do not add me on BNet without a comment on a trade posting.

I do not accept any rune lower than
Lem
for trades, with the exception of
Ral

Trade: PC | Softcore, Non-Ladder & Ladder | UTC-6
forums/d2r-armor-appearance-guide-t8650.html
You can buy the normal version from A1 normal
Charsi
to double check the look.
Usually, people choose among Light Weight armors.

Relax and have fun!
Archon Plate
is the highest rank armor that won't take a hit on your run/walk speed. However having the Enigma that may be a mute thing to consider since you can
Teleport

Please post a trade offer before sending me a friend request.
I'm in the PST time zone, typically available anywhere from 7am to 10pm
Personal opinion of course, but I was never a fan of the Light/Mage/
Archon Plate
look on Necros, with the exposed neckline. Makes some helmets look weird.

Much prefer the appearance of
Field Plate
or
Breast Plate
Breast Plate
/
Cuirass
/
Great Hauberk
are the best looking on necro imo, but they're just ugly on any other char

Sweet Lovely Death
Come sweet Death
One Last Caress

Ravoc 123

PC
I quite like the
Great Hauberk
on a sorc, and dislike the
Archon Plate
for that matter, but that's all personal preference... :)
I like to use
Mage Plate
for the low Str requirement and also for the looks plus good defense (use one with at least 250 def to get guaranteed 1000 def out of Enigma).

It's also the most sought after base because of that reason - and along with
Archon Plate
for the best looks of it, generally for most if not all classes imo.
Enigma get the best bonus out of 15% ed superior armor. but bases that are best are
Archon Plate
Mage Plate
Dusk Shroud
, wyrmskin.
StarTempler wrote: 1 year ago
Enigma get the best bonus out of 15% ed superior armor. but bases that are best are
Archon Plate
Mage Plate
Dusk Shroud
, wyrmskin.
15% enhanced defense bonus is always the same, on any kind of armor or runeword, it only adds the 15% of the base item native defense (the max possible of that given item), the 750/775 defense added by Enigma doesn't benefit of the 15% enhanced defense. Especially on
Mage Plate
, the enhanced defense of a superior base gives such a poor defense bonus which is really not that relevant and is not really worth the quite significant increase in repair cost of the armor.

Sweet Lovely Death
Come sweet Death
One Last Caress

Zebot 70

Paladin Americas PC
I recently started runewording in perfect, non superior bases after astronomical repair costs on a 15ed
Dusk Shroud
Fortitude I made for ubers and paladin, but barbarian was temporarily using. Repair costs are not so bad with 15 ed
Mage Plate
, but just fyi. It should be less of a problem as a caster and not much of a problem if you do regular trav runs.
Steccothal wrote: 1 year ago
Archon Plate
Mage Plate
Dusk Shroud
, wyrmskin.
15% enhanced defense bonus is always the same, on any kind of armor or runeword, it only adds the 15% of the base item native defense (the max possible of that given item), the 750/775 defense added by Enigma doesn't benefit of the 15% enhanced defense. Especially on
Mage Plate
, the enhanced defense of a superior base gives such a poor defense bonus which is really not that relevant and is not really worth the quite significant increase in repair cost of the armor.
thats fine. ill still stick with my 14%
Dusk Shroud
over a normal
Mage Plate
Steccothal wrote: 1 year ago
Archon Plate
Mage Plate
Dusk Shroud
, wyrmskin.
Mage Plate
thats fine. ill still stick with my 14%
Dusk Shroud
over a normal
Mage Plate
Don't get me wrong, i use superior bases for some armors, but with elite items like the
Dusk Shroud
you mentioned. There the superoir bonus is more significant since the base value on which is calculated is considerably higher and it can make sense to use such a base. But in
Mage Plate
the 40ish def point you'd gain are more a minmax thing rather than a real bonus, coming with a real higher repair cost tho, so it is a very debatable benefit

Sweet Lovely Death
Come sweet Death
One Last Caress

Ravoc 123

PC
You can always repair an armor by cubing it with a
Ral
. In that case, the 60 dura
Mage Plate
or
Archon Plate
has a clear advantage over the 20 dura
Dusk Shroud
the odds of you breaking a
Dusk Shroud
without repairing first just comes down to laziness imo.
Banjo wrote: 1 year ago
467 non sup
Dusk Shroud
non sup
Cuirass
202 or 470
Wyrmhide
for resale value, if it rolls 775 on a perfet base non sup or 15ed doesnt matter as long as base defence is max PvPers will pay alot for it, same goes for 15ed and 15ed Archon plates make sure the base is perfect defence before you roll if you wan't it to have the potential for resale value if it rolls good.

It does not matter what base you chose as long as you think it looks good but if you wan't to retrade it later go for a good base with max defence on non sup ones and not like a 3ed base or something like
Sacred Armor
that nobody want's.

PM if I win

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...