Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
28 replies   19122 views

Description

diablo2.io v1.39 has been successfully deployed! :D
v1.39 fixes a handful of bugs and prepares the site for 2.5/Ladder Season 2. If you have any questions feel free to ask. If you're looking for other development logs (before and after 1.39) then click here. Okay here we go!

Ladder Season 2
  • All active Ladder trades that were listed during Ladder Season 1 (and not marked sold) have been converted to Non-Ladder listings. This is to reflect what is happening in-game, where all S1 items are now non-ladder items; withdraw-able from your season's-end stash.
  • Inside each trade listing that has been converted to Non-Ladder, there is an indication banner showing that this is the case.
  • All items listed as Ladder in the marketplace from now on are considered to be fresh items on the new Ladder (ie characters playing Ladder Season 2).
  • Don't forget to update your profile settings to Ladder or Non-Ladder, so that any newly created trades default to the correct filters.
Sundered Charms
Bug Fixes
  • Fixed bug that was causing non-registered users to only see a tiny portion of trade listings and forum topics. This was a bug with the implementation of the Squelch to hide listings from market feature from the previous patch.
  • Fixed bug where item sold times were actually displaying original listing times in many parts of the trade interface. They now show correctly when an item was sold.
  • Fixed bug where hitting the 'Select Defaults' button and then conducting a full search would result in unfiltered results not accounting for the user's defaults.
  • Fixed bug where non-moderator users were seeing indicators for unapproved, deleted, and reported topic states in the forums and trading UI.
  • Fixed bug in database categories where items having a base item of rings, charms, jewels etc. would not display a subheader to that effect.
  • Fixed bug where
    Hellfire Torch
    and
    Gheed's Fortune
    were not showing up in browse/search results with the Large/Grand Charm item type filters active.
  • Fixed bug where trade listings having the No sockets filter active would show 7 sockets in the listing's copy-paste-able message.
  • Fixed bug where users having the default avatar would show broken image paths on the dclone progress tracker page.
Changes & Improvements
  • Removed all instances of Ladder only indicators in the database to avoid any further ambiguity and/or confusion about Resurrected and Legacy item restrictions. Seeing as D2R made the vast majority of ladder only items also available on non-ladder, it made no sense to keep this legacy information in place.
  • Clicking on the read/unread indicator block (the grey or red square next to a topic row) of a forum topic or trade listing will now take you to the oldest unread post in the thread (as opposed to the last post) - saves you having to backtrack as much. I haven't tested this fully yet, it may be working in some places but not others.
  • On the Dclone Tracker page, I replaced the rarely-used find/create game buttons with buttons linking to the much more helpful Help kill topic, NL tracking topic, and L tracking topic.
  • Added a purple Discord button to the dclone tracker linking to the Dclone Hunters server. This is to recognise the importance of their community in organising, forecasting, and assisting walks. A great place for anyone interested in
    Diablo Clone
  • Added Non-Ladder icons to the forum and trade interfaces. It was requested several times, so want to try it out to see if it makes a difference for people.
  • Increased the duration of all item trade volume graphs to 12 months (previously was showing 6, which only spanned half of a typical width graph). Added vertical bars denoting the start of 2.5 and Ladder Season 2 (S2).
And that's it! If you have any questions feel free to ask. I didn't have a lot of time to QA this patch, it could be kind of buggy :P
Description by Teebling

Can be used to make Runewords:

Teebling 5806Admin

Europe PC
diablo2.io v1.39 has been successfully deployed! :D
v1.39 fixes a handful of bugs and prepares the site for 2.5/Ladder Season 2. If you have any questions feel free to ask. If you're looking for other development logs (before and after 1.39) then click here. Okay here we go!

Ladder Season 2
  • All active Ladder trades that were listed during Ladder Season 1 (and not marked sold) have been converted to Non-Ladder listings. This is to reflect what is happening in-game, where all S1 items are now non-ladder items; withdraw-able from your season's-end stash.
  • Inside each trade listing that has been converted to Non-Ladder, there is an indication banner showing that this is the case.
  • All items listed as Ladder in the marketplace from now on are considered to be fresh items on the new Ladder (ie characters playing Ladder Season 2).
  • Don't forget to update your profile settings to Ladder or Non-Ladder, so that any newly created trades default to the correct filters.
Sundered Charms
Bug Fixes
  • Fixed bug that was causing non-registered users to only see a tiny portion of trade listings and forum topics. This was a bug with the implementation of the Squelch to hide listings from market feature from the previous patch.
  • Fixed bug where item sold times were actually displaying original listing times in many parts of the trade interface. They now show correctly when an item was sold.
  • Fixed bug where hitting the 'Select Defaults' button and then conducting a full search would result in unfiltered results not accounting for the user's defaults.
  • Fixed bug where non-moderator users were seeing indicators for unapproved, deleted, and reported topic states in the forums and trading UI.
  • Fixed bug in database categories where items having a base item of rings, charms, jewels etc. would not display a subheader to that effect.
  • Fixed bug where
    Hellfire Torch
    and
    Gheed's Fortune
    were not showing up in browse/search results with the Large/Grand Charm item type filters active.
  • Fixed bug where trade listings having the No sockets filter active would show 7 sockets in the listing's copy-paste-able message.
  • Fixed bug where users having the default avatar would show broken image paths on the dclone progress tracker page.
Changes & Improvements
  • Removed all instances of Ladder only indicators in the database to avoid any further ambiguity and/or confusion about Resurrected and Legacy item restrictions. Seeing as D2R made the vast majority of ladder only items also available on non-ladder, it made no sense to keep this legacy information in place.
  • Clicking on the read/unread indicator block (the grey or red square next to a topic row) of a forum topic or trade listing will now take you to the oldest unread post in the thread (as opposed to the last post) - saves you having to backtrack as much. I haven't tested this fully yet, it may be working in some places but not others.
  • On the Dclone Tracker page, I replaced the rarely-used find/create game buttons with buttons linking to the much more helpful Help kill topic, NL tracking topic, and L tracking topic.
  • Added a purple Discord button to the dclone tracker linking to the Dclone Hunters server. This is to recognise the importance of their community in organising, forecasting, and assisting walks. A great place for anyone interested in
    Diablo Clone
  • Added Non-Ladder icons to the forum and trade interfaces. It was requested several times, so want to try it out to see if it makes a difference for people.
  • Increased the duration of all item trade volume graphs to 12 months (previously was showing 6, which only spanned half of a typical width graph). Added vertical bars denoting the start of 2.5 and Ladder Season 2 (S2).
And that's it! If you have any questions feel free to ask. I didn't have a lot of time to QA this patch, it could be kind of buggy :P

I love the crossed out ladder icon, great addition! Thanks for the work

I am available for trading every other week, limited trading on my off week.
Thanks for understanding.

Bouncing back and forth between D2 and D4

Schnorki 3152Moderator

PC
Teebling wrote: 1 year ago
[*] All active Ladder trades that were listed during Ladder Season 1 (and not marked sold) have been converted to Non-Ladder listings. This is to reflect what is happening in-game, where all S1 items are now non-ladder items; withdraw-able from your season's-end stash.
Too soon! :D Still a few hours of S1 ladder trades to go.

Couple of notes/suggestions:
- Any chance to de-select the ladder/non-ladder setting in profile again? Doesn't matter too much for trades but if someone does play both, it gets a tad confusing with the forum icon imo.
- For the dclone tracker, I'd suggest just using one link for upcoming, linking to the last entry of the topic you currently have for ladder upcoming. The reasoning is that that topic is actively used for ANY known upcoming walks, regardless of ladder/non-ladder status. The non-ladder one however is a tracking topic and is commonly really just a post-hoc thing, keeping note of when walks took place. It may include some advanced notice announcements but that isn't always the case whereas the first topic does tend to include all of them.

Either way, good work, as always. Thanks for your efforts, they remain much appreciated!
Thanks Teebling.

@schnorki - i'm on both modes and i just adjust the filter accordingly (when creating topics for trade.)

Offer if price not stated
Mines wrote: 2 years ago
If you like health,
String of Ears
is much better option. 8% Life Stolen Per Hit loved it on my hamerdian. Spiral hammer on large group of enemies you fully healed.

Schnorki 3152Moderator

PC
Skaijuice wrote: 1 year ago
Thanks Teebling.

@schnorki - i'm on both modes and i just adjust the filter accordingly (when creating topics for trade.)
As I said, not much of an issue for trading. I was merely talking about forum confusion because as is, looking at the posts here, it shows you as a ladder player and me as a non-ladder player while we're actually both on both.
Yea it has been like this since the onset of L SZN 1.

Lived with it

If you like health,
String of Ears
is much better option. 8% Life Stolen Per Hit loved it on my hamerdian. Spiral hammer on large group of enemies you fully healed.

Schnorki 3152Moderator

PC
Has it?
Can't recall seeing that before. But maybe I'm just imagining things.

Then again, the patch notes specifically list it as a new thing.

(Or the
Conversion
auto-shifted profile to something selected which wasn't there before?)

Necrarch 1584Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Great work Teebling, thanks a lot for what you do.
Log tracking, bug fixing, community feedback : you don't want to be a consultant for Blizzard ? :)

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
OP

Teebling 5806Admin

Europe PC
Nah I didn't touch people's profile selections this time - but I did back in Season 1 (people were posting ladder stuff before ladder was even out...).

Before, no icon showed on forum posts for Non-Ladder, now an icon shows for Non-Ladder.

Would you prefer to have both icons or none Schnorki? I can't add a third setting because its a boolean yes/no the way its coded, but I can hardcode the template for your posts to do what you'd like :P

Ravoc 123

PC
XOR it :)

Th3ory 407

Paladin Americas PC
@Teebling Hi Friend :)

Schnorki 3152Moderator

PC
Nah I didn't touch people's profile selections this time - but I did back in Season 1 (people were posting ladder stuff before ladder was even out...).

Before, no icon showed on forum posts for Non-Ladder, now an icon shows for Non-Ladder.

Would you prefer to have both icons or none Schnorki? I can't add a third setting because its a boolean yes/no the way its coded, but I can hardcode the template for your posts to do what you'd like :P

Can you add a second boolean? :D
I.e. "do you play ladder? yes/no" + "do you play non-ladder? yes/no"

I suppose both beats neither in terms of the information it provides but don't put in that extra effort just for me. :p
OP

Teebling 5806Admin

Europe PC
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago

That'd be ideal but it'd also be a bit like replacing the foundations of a sinking venetian church :lol: - so much logic in the controller(s) works on the Principle of that boolean option, and I didn't code things in a sustainable way at all so making a change like this isn't easy.

What I could do is add a third option in the profile, 'do you play both', then this could be used to tell the template to 1. show both icons or 2. show none at all (how it was before).

Schnorki 3152Moderator

PC
Lovely comparison :D

geo89 50

Assassin Americas XLinux

That'd be ideal but it'd also be a bit like replacing the foundations of a sinking venetian church :lol: - so much logic in the controller(s) works on the Principle of that boolean option, and I didn't code things in a sustainable way at all so making a change like this isn't easy.

What I could do is add a third option in the profile, 'do you play both', then this could be used to tell the template to 1. show both icons or 2. show none at all (how it was before).
Both ladder and non-ladder trades. I like it. Also, I am deleting all my non-ladder characters.

This is a HARDCORE trade. PC only.
geo89 wrote: 1 year ago

Both ladder and non-ladder trades. I like it. Also, I am deleting all my non-ladder characters.
Wait what! Toss those Wizendraws to me before they go to The Void :D

If you like health,
String of Ears
OP

Teebling 5806Admin

Europe PC

Just to be clear, this would be a cosmetic-only option for mini-profiles in listings/forum posts etc. You'd still have to list each listing as L/NL etc. depending on where the item is (ie there would be no option to list an item as -both-).

geo89 50

Assassin Americas XLinux

Just to be clear, this would be a cosmetic-only option for mini-profiles in listings/forum posts etc. You'd still have to list each listing as L/NL etc. depending on where the item is (ie there would be no option to list an item as -both-).
yes of course. that is what I meant (mini-profile). items listed as both ladder and non-ladder would just create more confusion.

This is a HARDCORE trade. PC only.

Schnorki 3152Moderator

PC
Speaking of confusion:
Unless a 'both' or 'none' option gets implemented for the mini profile, I would strongly suggest disabling the ladder/non-ladder icon there entirely instead.

My earlier comment was aimed at forum posts but after creating a first few ladder trades, I just noticed that it is beyond confusing in trades, more so than forum posts if you do use both.

If you look at a trade, be it ladder or non-ladder, sure, you have the trade tag above it but the mini profile icon actually stands out far, far more visibly than the actual trade tag. As a result, assuming that a ladder trade is non-ladder because the mini profile icon is (or vice versa) feels completely natural and correct, leading to likely quite a bit of confusion.
OP

Teebling 5806Admin

Europe PC
Thanks for the input on the above guys, I'll try a solution for it in 1.40.

Just occurred to me that in historical/recent price checks people will want to distinguish between seasons for ladder prices. Also on the list.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...