Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
16 replies   7528 views

Most Shameful "return to corpse" run/runs you ever did

No data yet

Description

everybody know this shameful feeling, you were all powerful, but you screwed up.
then you return all naked to try and get your corpse. but even that isn't so easy.
so you do it again, and again...

so this about the most shameful, it could be X times you had to go back to actually get the corpse. or just a particular stupid thing.

I'll go first:
i was stupid enough to try and find a waypoint in the arreat plateu in 4 min time. so i lead an army after me, much like the end of benny hill show, if you were alive even back then.

not only that i had to clear more time to get there alive, but i had to clear my way naked, with a
Belt
i bought so i will have enough potions.
usualy its just quick run to grab it and POWER ON!

wasn't such the case as it turns out...

anyone else care to share, it's pretty funny IMO

PS
one time i had to waste 1 million or something close to
Revive
my merc every run to corpse..

EDIT notes:
-i consider relogging shameful, the most.
-someone had a his corpses spread out all over the map he had to spam click to find the gear one.
Description by rikus

Can be used to make Runewords:

rikus 126

Amazon Americas PC
everybody know this shameful feeling, you were all powerful, but you screwed up.
then you return all naked to try and get your corpse. but even that isn't so easy.
so you do it again, and again...

so this about the most shameful, it could be X times you had to go back to actually get the corpse. or just a particular stupid thing.

I'll go first:
i was stupid enough to try and find a waypoint in the arreat plateu in 4 min time. so i lead an army after me, much like the end of benny hill show, if you were alive even back then.

not only that i had to clear more time to get there alive, but i had to clear my way naked, with a
Belt
i bought so i will have enough potions.
usualy its just quick run to grab it and POWER ON!

wasn't such the case as it turns out...

anyone else care to share, it's pretty funny IMO

PS
one time i had to waste 1 million or something close to
Revive
my merc every run to corpse..

EDIT notes:
-i consider relogging shameful, the most.
-someone had a his corpses spread out all over the map he had to spam click to find the gear one.

goodluck, and may the RNG god be with you.
Step one : I die like an idiot in the middle of a stack of Corrupted rogue archers

Step two : Die one time. Two times. Three times. Four t... ok fuck this

Step three : quit out and reconnect to recover my body at camp

Step four : Instead of my main weapon and my chestplate, I recover 2 random White items that I must have mistakenly grabbed during my attempts at reaching my body

mhlg 775

Americas PC
I know this sounds a little off, but I have never failed to recover my body. I still have a pretty good merc and
Valkyrie
. When they're engaged I just run in grab my corpse and start firing
Arrows
in less than a second or so.

Please post offer in item trade before adding me on Bnet
Trying to rescue
Anya
with those stupid ghosts and about 6 beers in. Died countless times, gave up on rezzing my merc, ran out of gold. Took about 2 hours.

Please post a trade offer before sending me a friend request.
I'm in the PST time zone, typically available anywhere from 7am to 10pm
My most shameful Death/run back combo was dying to 2 packs of Souls right next to
Izual
while rushing a person.

Felt so good at lvl 96...

Troll offers will get Troll responses!
OP

rikus 126

Amazon Americas PC
mhlg wrote: 1 year ago
I know this sounds a little off, but I have never failed to recover my body. I still have a pretty good merc and
Valkyrie
Arrows
YOUR TIME WILL COME

that's all i have to say about this to you :D

mhlg 775

Americas PC
rikus wrote: 1 year ago
mhlg wrote: 1 year ago
Valkyrie
Arrows
YOUR TIME WILL COME

that's all i have to say about this to you :D
Probably, but hopefully not while I have lots of experience points to lose. :-)

Please post offer in item trade before adding me on Bnet
Korlis wrote: 1 year ago
Step one : I die like an idiot in the middle of a stack of Corrupted rogue archers

Step two : Die one time. Two times. Three times. Four t... ok fuck this

Step three : quit out and reconnect to recover my body at camp

Step four : Instead of my main weapon and my chestplate, I recover 2 random White items that I must have mistakenly grabbed during my attempts at reaching my body
Thats why you should write /nopickup in chat when you are on a rescue mission.

Take this potion of LUCK

You play in a different language and want to trade an item with the name "Brennender Riesenzauber der Verstümmelung"?
Use the Baaltor tool to translate it into "Burning Grand Charm of Maiming"
Level 92 blizzard sorc, dying to
Rakanishu
on the way to grab a
Wirt's Leg
for a cow run... don't tell anybody :(

All my trades are maintained, at most I have opened a discussion for the item and I follow the first come, first served policy

I answer much faster if you add me on BNet
ToX-I-qUc wrote: 1 year ago
Thats why you should write /nopickup in chat when you are on a rescue mission always.
😄

That really should have been a persistent options menu item. Otherwise you can't go anywhere without picking up some useless piece of crap.

Likewise, I'd like it if click-and-hold skills weren't interrupted by your mouse cursor hovering over a shrine after your screen repositions, like when teleporting.

PC | Softcore Non-Ladder | US Eastern Time (UTC-4)
Expansion Ladder Season 1 Level 99 (#115 Amazon, #584 Overall)

EPOCH FAIL
I started playing Diablo 2 when I was just a little kid. I mean, really little. I have a Memory of going into the
Cold Plains
and not being able to read yet and just recognizing that "those symbols mean the running grey people are here."

So, naturally, I picked up all sorts of weird ideas and superstitions due to not being able to actually understand the game. One was that if I left game with a corpse on the Ground, I would lose all my gear.

There's a bunch of stories from this time I could pick to discuss, but here's the first one that comes to mind. One time, I died against normal diablo on an assassin I was leveling (LOL, noob). I rezzed my merc, bought 1 line of healing potions, got 1 shot by the fire
Nova
or lightning breath, and tried again. Which,
Burst of Speed
exists, so IDK how I was having so much trouble, but whatever. My APM back then must've been horrible. I even remember vendoring all the gems in my stash (because, of course, I picked up every single chipped gem) to get enough gold to keep making attempts. After a while, I had enough corpses on the Ground that I forgot which one was my real one and started spam clicking all of them. Once or twice I successfully got my main body back, only to immediately die AGAIN and have to start over.

Eventually I succeeded though! I then ran around some other zones in Acts III and IV to get enough gold to restock on potions, leveled up a few times, and went back in and defeated Diablo. At the time, my victory born of perseverance was a huge triumph! Looking back on it now...it was a pretty shameful set of corpse runs. Especially since I could have just logged out and gotten my body back. Hell, even if logging out did delete my main body like I feared, I probably could have used my gold to vendor new gear from Jamala and been in a BETTER position. But thus it is I guess.

Can login for trades between 7-11pm EST
OP

rikus 126

Amazon Americas PC
Winterkill wrote: 1 year ago
I picked up every single chipped gem)
hey , i do that. you never know when you ran out of important gems to socket recipe.
I had enough corpses on the Ground that I forgot which one was my real one and started spam clicking all of them
thats actually hilarious!
i think 4-5 was my max.
I could have just logged out and gotten my body back
i consider this much more shameful, its like admitting the game beat you. never relog!!

I agree, it's much more fun to try to get your body back and watch the corpses piling up. I dread to think how many times I have been jumped by an archer pack in the Pits or Forgotten Tower, the latter can be a hard place to retrieve bodies because of all the obstacles on the floor.

PC | PSN | Switch | Europe | UTC + 0
All trades are PC, PSN or Switch!
All trades will be conducted with a cup of tea.
Offering a free cross platform trading service!

Necrarch 1485Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
I started playing Diablo 2 when I was just a little kid. I mean, really little. I have a Memory of going into the
Cold Plains
and not being able to read yet and just recognizing that "those symbols mean the running grey people are here."

So, naturally, I picked up all sorts of weird ideas and superstitions due to not being able to actually understand the game. One was that if I left game with a corpse on the Ground, I would lose all my gear.

There's a bunch of stories from this time I could pick to discuss, but here's the first one that comes to mind. One time, I died against normal diablo on an assassin I was leveling (LOL, noob). I rezzed my merc, bought 1 line of healing potions, got 1 shot by the fire
Nova
or lightning breath, and tried again. Which,
Burst of Speed
exists, so IDK how I was having so much trouble, but whatever. My APM back then must've been horrible. I even remember vendoring all the gems in my stash (because, of course, I picked up every single chipped gem) to get enough gold to keep making attempts. After a while, I had enough corpses on the Ground that I forgot which one was my real one and started spam clicking all of them. Once or twice I successfully got my main body back, only to immediately die AGAIN and have to start over.

Eventually I succeeded though! I then ran around some other zones in Acts III and IV to get enough gold to restock on potions, leveled up a few times, and went back in and defeated Diablo. At the time, my victory born of perseverance was a huge triumph! Looking back on it now...it was a pretty shameful set of corpse runs. Especially since I could have just logged out and gotten my body back. Hell, even if logging out did delete my main body like I feared, I probably could have used my gold to vendor new gear from Jamala and been in a BETTER position. But thus it is I guess.
Love these kid memories. At that time it was a success. Don't be ashamed, many have been through this at that time ! Normal Diablo back then was real tough.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
OP

rikus 126

Amazon Americas PC
Necrarch wrote: 1 year ago
Normal Diablo back then was real tough
indeed, even after throne of
Baal
, i couldn't figure out how on earth to survive nightmare or hell...

I never made it past act 3 normal when I was a mid playing it in 2001 :)

PC | PSN | Switch | Europe | UTC + 0
All trades are PC, PSN or Switch!
All trades will be conducted with a cup of tea.
Offering a free cross platform trading service!
So this is a, a little necromancy at this point but I wanted to share a story about the walk of shame that happened just now.

I'm pushing through to diablo for new ladder character and I die to a Venom lord with multiple fire blasts. But then I learn that a zealing pally with max
Holy Fire
superman punches his way back to his body! Never thought you could
Zeal
with fists!

I am available for trading every other week, limited trading on my off week.
Thanks for understanding.

Bouncing back and forth between D2 and D4

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...