Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
1 reply   3039 views

Grand Charm vanishes from inventory and it is replaced with random item. Twice.

No data yet

Description

Single Player. PC. No mods. Win11 fresh fully up to date. I know about the file size bug but it doesn't apply here.

So this grand charm in the upper left corner of my inventory. Upon entering the game, it's not there anymore. Instead, there's a
Wand
I had inspected and discarded the previous game. I assumed I must have dropped the charm and picked up the
Wand
by mistake, as any sane person would.

I had a very recent backup of the save file so I restored the char and the charm.

A few hours later, that same charms disappears. In it's place, some javelins I had previously picked up then threw away.

I'm 100% positive I didn't throw the charm away twice. Because the second time I checked and it was there before exiting game.

Any clue how this item switch could happen?

Can be used to make Runewords:

Single Player. PC. No mods. Win11 fresh fully up to date. I know about the file size bug but it doesn't apply here.

So this grand charm in the upper left corner of my inventory. Upon entering the game, it's not there anymore. Instead, there's a
Wand
I had inspected and discarded the previous game. I assumed I must have dropped the charm and picked up the
Wand
by mistake, as any sane person would.

I had a very recent backup of the save file so I restored the char and the charm.

A few hours later, that same charms disappears. In it's place, some javelins I had previously picked up then threw away.

I'm 100% positive I didn't throw the charm away twice. Because the second time I checked and it was there before exiting game.

Any clue how this item switch could happen?
if the item was created using hero editor or downloaded from the internet, I could see this happening as certain item identifiers have been set to be automatically removed. This happens with the lauded 1.08 Arcaine's Valor. As for an item you just found, I have never seen this happen in that case. Maybe try sending a report to Blizzard if... I just realized this post is 3 months old. Hopefully you figured it out. :)

Active on D2R most evenings Pacific Standard Time

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...