Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
28 replies   15576 views

Description

Can be used to make Runewords:

nihilninja wrote: 1 year ago
sorry to necro thread but I was wondering why I am not able to hork some bodies? I am wearing fort so sometimes the corps shatters so i get that but sometimes there will be a clear corpse laying there and it wont let me hork it
There is at least one effect I can think of off the top of my head that would cause this: Slain Monsters Rest in Peace
This effect comes from
Nature's Peace
and Lawbringer, at the very least. When it procs, no one is able to use the corpse for any reason, but the corpse is also not removed.

This is my first guess for what's going on. If this doesn't seem right, you may need to include more details about when this is happening.

Can login for trades between 7-11pm EST
If you need gold find for a horker build,
Infernostride
can give you up to 70% and is good for fire res too

I really like the
Blaze
that you can have when running around in combat, too - looks cool (:

Please submit an offer BEFORE you add me on BNet.

that's horking

Sweet Lovely Death
Just waiting for your breath
Come sweet Death
One Last Caress

Schnorki 3153Moderator

PC
Winterkill wrote: 1 year ago
sorry to necro thread but I was wondering why I am not able to hork some bodies? I am wearing fort so sometimes the corps shatters so i get that but sometimes there will be a clear corpse laying there and it wont let me hork it
There is at least one effect I can think of off the top of my head that would cause this: Slain Monsters Rest in Peace
This effect comes from
Nature's Peace
and Lawbringer, at the very least. When it procs, no one is able to use the corpse for any reason, but the corpse is also not removed.

This is my first guess for what's going on. If this doesn't seem right, you may need to include more details about when this is happening.
That.

Additionally, cold damage can cause corpses to shatter, leaving them unhorkable.
ALLEyezOnMe wrote: 2 years ago
In my opinion there are only two ways to go about this. Either make a Pitzerker and farm... The Pit or make a WW Barbarian and farm
Travincal
. A Pitzerker requires Enigma to really be efficient, whereas the WW Barbarian "only" needs 2x Grief and the rest of his gear is pretty affordable. I have both and find WW
Travincal
much more entertaining / profitable. There is a lightning Sorceress with Infinity for everything else.
I use Grief and Oath on my WW Travi Barb, because I couldn‘t afford a second Grief. Works like a charm.
duke1585 wrote: 2 years ago
Should I max
Find Item
? How many points is necessary?
The higher the %, the better. Check https://diablo.fandom.com/wiki/Find_Item for the skill progression.

That is actually not quite true. After Level 13 it is much more efficient to max the synergy
Find Potion
knightfall1985 wrote: 1 year ago
In my opinion there are only two ways to go about this. Either make a Pitzerker and farm... The Pit or make a WW Barbarian and farm
Travincal
. A Pitzerker requires Enigma to really be efficient, whereas the WW Barbarian "only" needs 2x Grief and the rest of his gear is pretty affordable. I have both and find WW
Travincal
much more entertaining / profitable. There is a lightning Sorceress with Infinity for everything else.
I use Grief and Oath on my WW Travi Barb, because I couldn‘t afford a second Grief. Works like a charm.
Of course it will work, it is just sub-optimal.
Should I max
Find Item
The higher the %, the better. Check https://diablo.fandom.com/wiki/Find_Item for the skill progression.

That is actually not quite true. After Level 13 it is much more efficient to max the synergy
Find Potion
That was actually quite true at the time I wrote the post you are quoting.
Winterkill wrote: 1 year ago
This effect comes from
Nature's Peace

Good tips! Depending on what other characters/builds you might be playing with:
Redemption
aura,
Carrion Vine
, and Assassin traps with
Corpse Explosion
(
Death Sentry
) could also be using the corpses (the latter would remove the corpse).

You can also only
Find Potion
or
Find Item
once per corpse. Shaman resurrecting corpses may also be able to res them before you can hork (even though the animation & sound already happen for you), but you can attempt to hork again the next time they die. Using items that add to your Faster Cast Rate breakpoints will allow you to hork faster, which is super useful if you're following other characters "grave robbing".

Expanding on what Schnorki said: Chilled monsters have a 20% chance to shatter when killed - Frozen monsters have a 100% chance to shatter when killed.

Traders: Please don't PM me for trades without a trade posting or add me on BNet without a comment on a trade posting

Trade zone: PC | Softcore, Non-Ladder | UTC-8

Schnorki 3153Moderator

PC
Should I max
Find Item

Find Potion
First off, that's not making the prior statement untrue. Regardless of which one is more efficient, higher % = better so maxing it is ideal, so long as doing so (after a certain level) doesn't mean you're sacrificing
Find Potion
instead.
(Excluding the possibility of you hitting a 'dead range' total with your gear where say you have 3 pts not adding anything and you end up on 2 of 3 or the like..then 18 would effectively be the same as 20..but that's different for everyone, depending on gear)

Level 13 is off though..that's an awfully random level to pick.

Find Potion
adds 1% per hard point. Done. No variance there.
Find Item
adds an average of >1% per level up until and including lvl 11 (=44% without syn). After that, it adds an average 1% up to and including 16 (=49%) and <1% thereafter. As a result, once your
Find Item
hits lvl 11,
Find Potion
is technically more efficient because it at minimum gives you the same
Find Item
bonus as a point in
Find Item
would but it additionally ups your
Find Potion
, in case you ever randomly want to use that.

The efficiency/priority cutoff is hence after hitting 11, not with lvl 13.

If you choose to ignore
Find Potion
itself entirely and say
Find Item
>
Find Potion
, so long as it adds the same or more per lvl, then your cutoff is actually after hitting lvl 16 because that's the last one where
Find Item
itself still averages at least 1% for each level.

In either case, lvl 13 isn't a noteworthy cutoff for anything.

Your attached table actually shows you the same thing. Although some of the numbers in it are wrong.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...