36 replies   13331 views

Description

Can be used to make Runewords:

Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
moonlit wrote: 1 year ago
In 2.4,
Thunderstroke
Charged Strike
zon is pretty good and can be dirt cheap. Dclone has high elemental res, but facets, Infinity and all that are not necessary for P1 Dclone. Just tstrokes will do, maybe with a
Lower Resist
Wand
for cheese. Zon is pretty tanky at 75% block and 50% chance to
Dodge
…that’s 12.5% chance to be hit, ignoring defense.
I'd actually love to see how a budget charged zon does against him (without a
Wand
). Couldn't be bothered trying myself yet and as so often, all you find from various streamers/YTers is the top-end solution, if at all.
I’m hoping to get tomorrows NL walk and will remove my Artisans
Kite Shield
of Deflecting, and replace it with Lidless, for science. I just need to figure out how to record with Nvidia…

This will be a real interesting one since I only have one CS synergy maxed (it’s a hybrid build)
OP
I'd be interested to see how a budget Zon does as well. Let us know how it goes, whether by just an update, or a video if you get that working would be great too for sure, haha.
I've been using a budget javazon on
Uber Diablo
. my version is guillame's face for crushing blow and 1 point into
Impale
and poison jav. Poison jav to keep him from getting regen (i cant be bothered with prevent monster heal) and just
Impale
to proc crushing blow. easy peasy. you can do it with an Ancient's Pledge and any old garbage rare
Javelin
. i finish him using
Lightning Fury
at the end if i feel like it but it isnt necessary.

edit: with the obligatory lifetap
Wand
, of course almost any of these builds that don't have dracs (not really budget imo) need to shop a lifetap
Wand
from
Drognan
or whoever.
worstd2playerever wrote: 1 year ago
Uber Diablo
Impale
and poison jav. Poison jav to keep him from getting regen (i cant be bothered with prevent monster heal) and just
Impale
to proc crushing blow. easy peasy. you can do it with an Ancient's Pledge and any old garbage rare
Javelin
. i finish him using
Lightning Fury
And if you attack rating is high enough,
Jab
might even be better than
Impale
for CB proc.
OP
Tried out a kicksin build on the non-ladder dclone on my level 76 assassin.. used mostly the same setup with a little variance and used mostly the same items as your build guide, except with an Enigma and a Kingslayer (don't need
Teleport
for dclone, so the Enigma could be replaced by a Treachery and get more benefit, so wasn't too worried about using an expensive piece of gear there). Worked pretty well. And no +skill GCs, so just at 26 in kicks. Would do faster I think with some higher skill level / attack rating, only had 13k. But it was still well under a minute. Probably under 30 seconds

Necrarch 1494Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
1 point in
Revive
Clay Golem
+ some skillers, revieved Urdars / Maulers taken to Diablo, amp damage and any attack (
Poison Nova
or
Bone Spear
or
Bone Spirit
), stay behind Diablo for safety.

Repeat 2 or 3 times when your revives die until BigD is down and grab your Anni.

It's not very fast, but it's efficient and really safe, just give full rejuvs from time to time to your Merc (Act 2 Might for me).

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
well the buddy smiter is like nr 1 for budget dc clone. i did a Fury druid with ribckracker, works like a charm.

───▄▄─▄████▄▐▄▄▄▌
──▐──████▀███▄█▄▌
▐─▌──█▀▌──▐▀▌▀█▀
─▀───▌─▌──▐─▌
─────█─█──▐▌█
worstd2playerever wrote: 1 year ago
Uber Diablo
Impale
Impale
Javelin
. i finish him using
Lightning Fury
And if you attack rating is high enough,
Jab
might even be better than
Impale
for CB proc.
haha, yeah AR definitely not high enough
Budget CS with
Thunderstroke
works great. Level 40 CS, no facets, 35 off-weapon IAS (idk what the breakpoints even are down there, for reference 95 total is a good one for high end with one IAS jewel in shield). Lidless with pdiamond. Maras and
Shako
with IAS jewel.

Only one CS synergy was maxed due to this being a hybrid build.

Merc put in work with CB from Obedience. Valk and
Decoy
keep merc alive. Shoot him with CtA bow for PMH.

I’ll post a quick vid later. Dclone is actually pretty tame as long as you have like any minus enemy res, or any phys dmg. Zon brings both with Tstrokes so it does alright.

Don’t be sleeping on allll the buffs that Zon skills got! In this case CS and the passives.

CS increases dmg every level and number of
Bolts
every 5 levels, so 40 is a nice place to stop for budget.
Built this Smiter with just extra stuff laying around. Killed clone at level 73 in less than a minute. This is mostly designed as a super budget uber smiter but destroys clone as well.

Max
Smite
Holy Shield
, Fanatacism, Whatever else you want.

Get yourself a lifetap
Wand
. From there loot or trade for the following:

Weapon -
Heaven's Light
with two
Shael
runes
Shield - Either Spirit or a
Sacred Targe
/
Rondache
with four perfect diamonds.
Face -
Guillaume's Face
- can be
Um
'd
Amulet - Doesn't really matter. I wear
Nokozan Relic
for fire resist and hit recovery.
Chest - Smoke runeword
Gloves - Ideally
Dracul's Grasp
but anything with increased attack speed is good too.
Laying of Hands
for example.
Rings - Doesn't really matter
Belt
- Doesn't really matter - I wear
Verdungo's Hearty Cord

Boots
-
Gore Rider
or
Goblin Toe

Charms - Whatever resist/health charms you can find.
My budget foh can kill dclone pretty easily. I meant REAL budget:
My gears when i killed him:
Frenzy
merc using unbending w/ Spirit sword, some junk
Helm
got for free in pub, Stealth armor.

My gear: Spirit sword, Spirit shield, +2 offensive rare
Circlet
(junk) stat, unique
Rattlecage
armor for crushing blow, rare junk resist
Boots
, junk rare rings,
Blade
Buckler
Belt
, +3 offensive ammy,
Edge Bow
on switch.

It takes me about 3-5 mins to kill dclone. Lvl 84 at the time of killing dclone.

My strategy:
Smite
him for 30 seconds til 50% hp, line him up with ur
Frenzy
merc and cast
Holy Bolt
til he dies while healing ur merc at the same time. Pop some potions on ur merc if he’s low on health. In about 5 mins, dclone should die.

Can trade on PC or SWITCH
@Schnorki
@mrhandstands

Here's the vid showing the end of the dclone vs
Thunderstroke
hybridzon fight. Just enough to see the DPS more clearly after after merc dies...don't mind all those missed shots against that random lightning immune.

Schnorki 3024Moderator

PC
@Schnorki
@mrhandstands

Here's the vid showing the end of the dclone vs
Thunderstroke
hybridzon fight. Just enough to see the DPS more clearly after after merc dies...don't mind all those missed shots against that random lightning immune.

Thanks for sharing.
What's your gear setup in that? Specifically, what lvl is
Charged Strike
(all synergies maxed I'd assume?) and how much -light res do you have there?

From the looks of it, the main issue or annoyance is simply that you're not using drac's for
Life Tap
and hence have to keep running in and out to avoid dying which in turn naturally extends the fight. Also looks like you're not using a lower res
Wand
so using drac's wouldn't negatively affect the dps, other than perhaps losing an IAS breakpoint.

Apart from that, it actually looks pretty good. The main question is how much crushing and ias you can really stack as a java while still keeping res up and enough skills to have the
Charged Strike
dmg remain roughly as is. The base dmg in and by itself though seems to be about on par with a budget smiter or kicksin though. They also take a while for the last few %.
@Schnorki this was a very modest setup. Level 40 CS (no skillers), no facets, no griffons so the only minus res is from
Thunderstroke
itself. 50 total IAS. Only one CS synergy pumped. So even with less gear you can be doing more damage.

This build really shines with two facets in the shield though. :) Not shown here

Schnorki 3024Moderator

PC
Interesting.
May have to experiment a bit more with that. ^^
Ashina wrote: 1 year ago
On ladder i kill him with my fohdin, i have 1 point in
Smite
and 1 point
Holy Shield
, and i use
Fleshripper
, ive used Black before but it doesnt have open wounds and i dont have gore riders.
Sorry to necro this but I found the thread and its very useful.
I think the point about prevent monster heal/bleed is the main point in addition to CB: I tried the fight without PMH/bleed and low-tomid-level CB and it didn't work.

I made Black rw, some CB crafted gloves, unique armour with CB and it wasn't much better. I think adding Duress armour made the real difference. The extra CB made the fight quicker but Dclones heal rate is what stopped me before (his life didnt really move much for the fight and when I returned from town his life was full QQ).

Also, 1 point in
Smite
and in
Holy Shield
is all I needed so I assume I could just use my hammerdin build with no changes! (I did respec to fanatism in desperation so will try next with just
Concentration
.. IAS may be an issue but worth it if I can still kill in under 3 mins!)

Schnorki 3024Moderator

PC
DarkHorseDre wrote: 1 year ago
Ashina wrote: 1 year ago
On ladder i kill him with my fohdin, i have 1 point in
Smite
and 1 point
Holy Shield
, and i use
Fleshripper
, ive used Black before but it doesnt have open wounds and i dont have gore riders.
Sorry to necro this but I found the thread and its very useful.
I think the point about prevent monster heal/bleed is the main point in addition to CB: I tried the fight without PMH/bleed and low-tomid-level CB and it didn't work.

I made Black rw, some CB crafted gloves, unique armour with CB and it wasn't much better. I think adding Duress armour made the real difference. The extra CB made the fight quicker but Dclones heal rate is what stopped me before (his life didnt really move much for the fight and when I returned from town his life was full QQ).

Also, 1 point in
Smite
and in
Holy Shield
is all I needed so I assume I could just use my hammerdin build with no changes! (I did respec to fanatism in desperation so will try next with just
Concentration
.. IAS may be an issue but worth it if I can still kill in under 3 mins!)
Aye. You don't need a lot of OW but SOME sort of OW and/or PMH should be included. Even with high crushing, the damage it does still drops off a cliff once DClone's life gets lower. As a result, if you don't do any real other damage, your dmg may very well drop to the point where you can't outdps his regen anymore once he drops low enough, rendering him unkillable to you.
PMH or even only like 10% OW (
Gore Rider
= win imo) solves that problem for good.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches
diablo2.io is supported by ads

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation