diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
3 replies   1056 views

Trade menu and profile options suggestions

No data yet

Site Feedback

Description

Hey,

I'd like to be able to apply multiple filters in the Browse Trades menu. Currently if I want to search for WTB and Playstation, I can filter to either of those but not both of them. It would be a great help to just browse categories of items instead of specific ones (which is doable under Search). This menu also should have the Advanced dropdown as it is under Search.

I feel like The Market is unnecessary, as it's the merger of Browse Trades and Find Trades. I'd like Find Trades to be the default submenu from Trade, it would spare me so many unnecessary clicks.

As for the profile settings, I'd like to be able to select multiple platforms and add multiple IDs aside from Bnet and Discord. There are no fields for console platforms. Also, the options regarding the characters (ladder/hardcore/etc.) feel unnecessary as the trades are bound to these parameters, not the profiles. I assume there would be an argument for keeping them around but a blank option (to not show up on the profile) would be a nice addition.

I hope this is useful feedback!
Description by dragee

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hey,

I'd like to be able to apply multiple filters in the Browse Trades menu. Currently if I want to search for WTB and Playstation, I can filter to either of those but not both of them. It would be a great help to just browse categories of items instead of specific ones (which is doable under Search). This menu also should have the Advanced dropdown as it is under Search.

I feel like The Market is unnecessary, as it's the merger of Browse Trades and Find Trades. I'd like Find Trades to be the default submenu from Trade, it would spare me so many unnecessary clicks.

As for the profile settings, I'd like to be able to select multiple platforms and add multiple IDs aside from Bnet and Discord. There are no fields for console platforms. Also, the options regarding the characters (ladder/hardcore/etc.) feel unnecessary as the trades are bound to these parameters, not the profiles. I assume there would be an argument for keeping them around but a blank option (to not show up on the profile) would be a nice addition.

I hope this is useful feedback!
Request fulfilledby Teebling2 years agoGo to post
Distinction between Ladder/Non-Ladder, Softcore/Hardcore made in 1.37.

Non-ladder PC and Playstation cross-platform trades. Leave a comment before adding me!
PSN ID: dragee1984
BNet: dragee#2133

Teebling 6123Admin

Europe PC
dragee wrote: 2 years ago
The browse trades was a small beta feature I pegged onto v1.0 before release. It's not really that useful, I know.

What is going to be happening is a re-code of the search engine to allow filtering without using a keyword (for example you'd just selected Unique Body Armor and go, to see all results for those filters without a keyword, and the option to add keywords afterwards if you want. I will probably be removing the browse trades area completely when this functionality is achieved.
This is a 'landing page' that absorbs about 75% of the hits the site gets from search results. It's supposed to be lightweight and point you in the right direction you need to find or list trades. If you think you're clicking too much, just bookmark the part of the site you do want to use.
As for the profile settings, I'd like to be able to select multiple platforms and add multiple IDs aside from Bnet and Discord. There are no fields for console platforms. Also, the options regarding the characters (ladder/hardcore/etc.) feel unnecessary as the trades are bound to these parameters, not the profiles.
You can select multiple platforms in the trades themselves. The list trade page will always start you off with the default options you've set on your profile: this was a hugely requested feature early on and I made it happen by listening to feedback here.

If I offered people a 'blank' option, then all of the trades they list would not have any identifying info about platform, game version, HC/ladder etc. and basically be a waste of space. You can, like you said, always change the details of each individual trade - the defaults are there because most traders find that this combination of defaults + customisability the most convenient way forwards.

At one stage, there was even an ability for people to make multiple accounts and 'link' them together - it was here and working on the site, but about a dozen people out of 60,000 made use of it before it was discontinued.

OP
Thank you for your response, really appreciated.
Teebling wrote: 2 years ago
What is going to be happening is a re-code of the search engine to allow filtering without using a keyword (for example you'd just selected Unique Body Armor and go, to see all results for those filters without a keyword, and the option to add keywords afterwards if you want. I will probably be removing the browse trades area completely when this functionality is achieved.
Great news, looking forward to it!
As for the profile settings, I'd like to be able to select multiple platforms and add multiple IDs aside from Bnet and Discord. There are no fields for console platforms. Also, the options regarding the characters (ladder/hardcore/etc.) feel unnecessary as the trades are bound to these parameters, not the profiles.
You can select multiple platforms in the trades themselves. The list trade page will always start you off with the default options you've set on your profile: this was a hugely requested feature early on and I made it happen by listening to feedback here.
This part is not really about the trades, rather about the profile settings. See, when someone puts their discord and bnet ID in this section, they appear below their posts and there is no such support for console players. I made a workaround by adding them in my signature but that's far from ideal.
If I offered people a 'blank' option, then all of the trades they list would not have any identifying info about platform, game version, HC/ladder etc. and basically be a waste of space. You can, like you said, always change the details of each individual trade - the defaults are there because most traders find that this combination of defaults + customisability the most convenient way forwards.
I think there is a good solution here in terms of structuring profiles and trades:
  • Remove the platform, game version, HC/ladder etc. parameters from profiles.
  • Make the platform, game version, HC/ladder etc. mandatory when creating a trade.
  • Add custom filters where players can customize and save their search options.
I know this is a bunch of work for very little benefit but I think in the long run reorganizing things where they belong will allow you to expand both the profiles and the search settings.
Again, thank you for your time to respond! Cheers

Non-ladder PC and Playstation cross-platform trades. Leave a comment before adding me!
PSN ID: dragee1984
BNet: dragee#2133

Teebling 6123Admin

Europe PC
Distinction between Ladder/Non-Ladder, Softcore/Hardcore made in 1.37.
This post was marked as the best answer.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...