Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
23 replies   2654 views

Description

Description by Teebling

Can be used to make Runewords:

rgp151 wrote: 2 years ago
Just killed my first true physical immune in Hell. This was a Grotesque Unique with Stone Skin, who, even after the application of
Decrepify
it remained Immune to Physical. I just kept on him with
Frenzy
however, and spammed
Howl
from time to time to keep everyone else away, and my merc focused him. I guess between the merc and bit of elemental damage I was doing, it got him down. Again, I'm not spec'ed into Berzerk. Not worth the 3 skill points IMO. This kinda proved that to myself. I think between
Howl
and other means of dealing with physical immunity, Berzerk isn't worth it for a
Frenzy
Barb.
Get a
Lacerator
Winged Axe
, has 33% chance to cast Amp damage on strike. Or get merc a Reapers toll for
Decrepify
. Gavel of pain hammer has 3 charges if Amp Damage and only 20k to refill. Spellcaster (Unique
Axe
) has
Decrepify
charges or Atmas Scarab (The amulet not Armor) has a 5% chance to cast Amp on striking + gives 20% attack rating bonus. All viable options without
Berserk
. Cause
Decrepify
only takes -33% where as Amp damage negates -100%. Had one of the hell ancients get Stone skin once and even with Amp he was physical immune, only guy I've ever seen Amp not work on.

Xbox GT: Cinomed541 add me if you need someone to play with.
OP
Cinomed541 wrote: 2 years ago
rgp151 wrote: 2 years ago
Just killed my first true physical immune in Hell. This was a Grotesque Unique with Stone Skin, who, even after the application of
Decrepify
it remained Immune to Physical. I just kept on him with
Frenzy
however, and spammed
Howl
from time to time to keep everyone else away, and my merc focused him. I guess between the merc and bit of elemental damage I was doing, it got him down. Again, I'm not spec'ed into Berzerk. Not worth the 3 skill points IMO. This kinda proved that to myself. I think between
Howl
and other means of dealing with physical immunity, Berzerk isn't worth it for a
Frenzy
Barb.
Get a
Lacerator
Winged Axe
, has 33% chance to cast Amp damage on strike. Or get merc a Reapers toll for
Decrepify
. Gavel of pain hammer has 3 charges if Amp Damage and only 20k to refill. Spellcaster (Unique
Axe
) has
Decrepify
charges or Atmas Scarab (The amulet not Armor) has a 5% chance to cast Amp on striking + gives 20% attack rating bonus. All viable options without
Berserk
. Cause
Decrepify
only takes -33% where as Amp damage negates -100%. Had one of the hell ancients get Stone skin once and even with Amp he was physical immune, only guy I've ever seen Amp not work on.
Good advice, thanks!
OP
Just defeated
Baal
at level 80 with this guy. As suspected, didn't have any upgrades past making that Death sword. But basically, I was barely getting by in Act 1 prior to making that
Eth
Death, but once I had that I was able to pretty well sail through to the end.

I had leveled up quite a bit in Act 1 doing Pit and Andriel runs. But running the Pit basically was the
Key
, cause that's where I got the
Eth
Colossus Blade
for Death. Also, having a ton of runes stashed from other chars. I never got a rune drop past
Um
. Had to cube a bunch of stuff up to get
Vex
and
Gul

I couldn't have made it without that. On the other hand, my Bonemancer was able to make it through on generally found gear, with just a little twinking, but nothing really critical. Prolly could have done him on just found gear. Virtually all of the gear on my Barb was found in Nightmare. Basically everything except the swords, and I also crafted all the jewelry in Act 1 Hell, but guess that could have been done in NM. It didn't require any Hell specific items.
OP
Here he is post victory. Keep in mind this is solo, self-found, minor twinking.
Barbarian
Barbarian
The CB says 25%, but obviously Death itself does 50%, so I guess it's 25% on main hand and 75% on off-hand.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...