Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
18 replies   7735 views

When trading jewels or Rainbow Facets, provide the color

No data yet

Description

When trading jewels or Rainbow Facets, you should take a picture of the jewel or list what color the jewel icon is. Jewels and Facets have random icon colors, they can be peach, pink, w/hite, green, blue, and red.

Some people (including me) care if their jewel colors coordinate in items, or that the jewel color feels appropriate for the effect the jewel has. You may get better offers if you have, for example, a w/hite or blue cold Rainbow Facet (yes really). It's in your best interest to post the color.

(Brought to you by a frustrating two days of asking what color jewels are in trades)

Description by Karew

Can be used to make Runewords:

When trading jewels or Rainbow Facets, you should take a picture of the jewel or list what color the jewel icon is. Jewels and Facets have random icon colors, they can be peach, pink, w/hite, green, blue, and red.

Some people (including me) care if their jewel colors coordinate in items, or that the jewel color feels appropriate for the effect the jewel has. You may get better offers if you have, for example, a w/hite or blue cold Rainbow Facet (yes really). It's in your best interest to post the color.

(Brought to you by a frustrating two days of asking what color jewels are in trades)

Karen, you misspelled your name.
Banking on an OCD collector looking for some silly shit no one else is going to see seems pretty silly; I get it, such a thing would have been convinent for you but it really isn't something that will be pertinent to anyone else.
This rule also applies to other jewellery and charms (of course, if you trade with someone with OCD).

Here are some charts with graphics names:
Image Image
(Of course, gems and helms differ in properties rather than only graphics; IDK why are they listed there.)
I get it but its such a minute community. There would be like 1 in every 1000 members who would use the feature to search filters by random how I feel tags.
My first reaction is, who cares about the color? It does nothing. That’s just my opinion. However, the customer is always right. If the buying experience is better by showing the color, it’s a simple step.
My first reaction was the same.....

Then I thought about all those millions of dollars of V-bucks spent on skins and dances.

Schnorki 2986Moderator

PC
Honestly, I think you're all underestimating just how many people care about this.

Given, for interim jewels not so much. But once you get to perfect rolls, a LOT of people (myself included) hunt for and pay extra for specific colors on top of that perfect roll.

Fen 92

Amazon Europe PC
Seen a few WTBs where people looked for specific skins of charms and jewels.
Those people do exist.
I for one don't care, so guess I take a look on jewels and spare color-element-matching ones for trades :D.

Prices are negotiable :)
Please DO NOT add me, before I accepted a trade or without comment, thanks! :)
Offers via pm will be ignored.
Karew wrote: 2 years ago

It's true, I looked for all White facets in my necro. Except his 4s
Monarch
has greens.

Xbox GT: Cinomed541 add me if you need someone to play with.
basicdad wrote: 2 years ago
My first reaction is, who cares about the color? It does nothing. That’s just my opinion. However, the customer is always right. If the buying experience is better by showing the color, it’s a simple step.
it's the same for "almost perfect" items and perfect items. It doesn't make any difference, still a +/-1 can more than double the price.

Trollwut#2511
The only one I've ever taken issue with is the "
Crown
" or "Eturn" ring. It's always looked like a grasshopper head to me.

Otherwise, pink poison rainbow facets all day!

ggs 39

Americas PC
Not sure it matters--the color works fine, I suppose, but you can also refer to them by their corresponding gem. I suspect this may not be super common because 1.) people don't realize they all correspond to a gem, and 2.) the
Diamond
and
Topaz
equivalents have slightly modified colors (and
Amethyst
, a lil bit?), but thought I'd point it out.

And, while I understand not understanding the desire for a different color, consider how much a JMOD costs. Wouldn't you want everything about it to be perfect? Silly, sure, but so is buying a JMOD. If you're going to do it, do it all the way!

P.S. - if you ARE doing a JMOD, the only acceptable way to do it is yellow-yellow-White-White. Duh. The shield tells you what colors it wants (and that order puts them in the correct place on the shield).
vodkasheep89 wrote: 2 years ago
Banking on an OCD collector looking for some silly shit no one else is going to see seems pretty silly; I get it, such a thing would have been convinent for you but it really isn't something that will be pertinent to anyone else.
I'd hope most people play this game to entertain themselves rather to impress a bunch of 30-something year olds on the internet.

Caring about the color of the jewel in your griffon is like caring about the interior of your color. The interior's quality, design and color all matter to me. And the only people who ride in my car is me or my gf.

And having a jmod with 4 random colors is like driving a car with 4 random colored seats.

Asha 334

Sorceress Europe PC
Proper coloration is one of purely aesthetical aspects. Yeah, jmod filling as an example.
That's why I stacked some color-matchin sets of 55 light dies 😎 Got no jmod yet, but in case I ever get one - I'm packed already ) Or I can always just sell a set or two to another jmod-fillin customer

Nate 526

Switch
Seems to be lost of trolls out there, the original poster was giving a recommendation on how to enjoy the experience and community more.

I personally am not totally about the aesthetics of my gear but there’s no wrong way to play and enjoy the game!
Hey folks I have here a White Rainbow Facet which casts 41
Nova
when Level-Up

It's for sale

LF
Arachnid Mesh

Shimmering Small Charm
Lion Branded Grand Charm

SC NL PSN

Bnet: please don't

Blessed Hammer
Spammer
Level 92 with The Green
Shako

Lightning Fury
bender
Level 84 with budget gear

Necrarch 1472Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
The good way to advertise this is to go to trade and create a new Trade. Be sure to use the item auto-picker function, detail the variable value and ideally set an expected price to ease trade.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
You tried to price check the facet more than a year ago and still didn't trade it?

NOT PLAYING MUCH LATELY; ON MY MINECRAFT/MELEE GRIND
You can always make alternative offers with Keys.
I don't really trade in pgems.
Can trade on PC and Switch

second account JuliePayette#1511

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...