Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
32 replies   7490 views

Plague Runeword revealed - Infinity gets some competition!

No data yet

Description

Description by Schnorki

Can be used to make Runewords:

OP

Schnorki 3017Moderator

PC
moonlit wrote: 2 years ago
Definitely merc-only gear. 20% when struck has extremely niche builds that might benefit I guess? But yea nice for a tanky merc, similar to Reapers Toll in a way, but boosting elemental instead of phys damage with the curse.
Any elemental based melee build really. So some druids,
Dagger
necros if that really becomes a thing. Tesladins..not so much actually because their
Conviction
is so high that this won't normally make a difference anymore. But where I could see this really shining is a melee sorc: double Dream +
Enchant
both fully masteried and getting lower res slammed on top? Could be fun...
I think if you get hit enough times as a sorc to proc this reliably, you might be dead.

Darq 86

Amazon Europe PC
I think if you get hit enough times as a sorc to proc this reliably, you might be dead.
Maybe not with
Energy Shield
Builds.
Darq wrote: 2 years ago
Maybe not with
Energy Shield
Builds.
True, but in general you should be killing fast enough to not get hit much. If you can’t kill fast until after you get hit, that’s a tough play style and prob frustrating sometimes.

Fade
procs on Treachery work well because it’s a defensive proc when hit, whereas this new runeword is offensive proc when hit.

Darq 86

Amazon Europe PC
Maybe not with
Energy Shield
Builds.
True, but in general you should be killing fast enough to not get hit much. If you can’t kill fast until after you get hit, that’s a tough play style and prob frustrating sometimes.

Fade
procs on Treachery work well because it’s a defensive proc when hit, whereas this new runeword is offensive proc when hit.
If you play Melee Sorceress, you love it a little bit more tough. That being said i think this Runeword is not very good because it is slower and more cumbersome to proc then Infinity. In combination with Infinity there maybe a use case for elemental builds or Builds that rely on Poison like Plaguezon or
Rabies
Druid. A Poison Necro don't need it because he can use its own curse much more reliable and the freeze could destroy too many bodies.
OP

Schnorki 3017Moderator

PC
Actually, you can build a melee sorc to be pretty much invincible. Then you can just
Teleport
in the middle of everything, get hit and more likely than not instantly proc lower res every time. 20% each across a solid pack of mobs is nothing to shun at.

Beardozer 436Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
Schnorki wrote: 2 years ago
Actually, you can build a melee sorc to be pretty much invincible. Then you can just
Teleport
in the middle of everything, get hit and more likely than not instantly proc lower res every time. 20% each across a solid pack of mobs is nothing to shun at.
I got a melee sorc with Passion and double Dream and feel soft as hell. Teach me your invincible ways.

diablo2.io janitor | Odunga Brotherhood

Darq 86

Amazon Europe PC
Beardozer wrote: 2 years ago
Teleport
I got a melee sorc with Passion and double Dream and feel soft as hell. Teach me your invincible ways.
You need a Build with high
Energy Shield
and
Telekinesis
, many points in Energy and the Equip Mod Damage to Mana or some absolute DR and MDR/Absorbtion. I don't know the exact math in the moment but that is the way.
OP

Schnorki 3017Moderator

PC
Beardozer wrote: 2 years ago
Teleport
You need a Build with high
Energy Shield
and
Telekinesis
, many points in Energy and the Equip Mod Damage to Mana or some absolute DR and MDR/Absorbtion. I don't know the exact math in the moment but that is the way.
Pretty much that.
Energy Shield
doesn't even need to be that terribly high. One hard point and a decent amount of +skill would take care of it. Spending a bit more in
Telekinesis
to offset the mana loss instead works out better in many a gear setup. That is, if there is a choice that has to be made. With enough skills left, just get both. DR/MDR work wonders to offset the remaining damage, these are really the critical piece. If you add in capped res (not even >75 but just the 75 suffices) and worst case even same %DR, you can pretty much stand in whatever for however long you please.

Back in the day, I went all out and added in some absorb and extra DtM on a 90 all res 50%DR sorc but that was honestly just complete overkill and in no way necessary for anything.

Hell, even my MF sorc (1 pt in ES, Tele at 12 I believe it is now, eventually to be capped as she progresses to 99) is sturdy AF and she has 0 pieces of gear actively aiming to accomplish that.
Energy Shield
is just pretty baller as is.
The one true danger is mana burn. If that takes you past your shield then you start having problems.

Deleted User 632 0

maybe you could make some assassin Venom based build with this?

Zelym 123

Paladin Europe PC
With the upcoming Martial Art changes, I really hope this runeword can be done with a claw.

rikus 126

Amazon Americas PC
so any fire sorceress can use Plague with her merc also? will this break fire immunes?

goodluck, and may the RNG god be with you.
OP

Schnorki 3017Moderator

PC
Depends on the immune. Plague is the same as any other lower res of that lvl. On my mobile atm so too lazy to look up the exact details but generelly a lower res of that lvl may break some immunes but won't break all of them.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...