diablo2.io is supported by ads
49 replies   9739 views

Description

Description by DiabloPlayerKiller

Can be used to make Runewords:

OP
Teebling wrote: 2 years ago
There's something so creepy about the one shots, and then they're dead forever.

Cool vids OP, an interesting play style I haven't seen much of.
Thank you, yes it brings another perspective to D2R that is not so often talked about!
OP
StonerSmurf wrote: 2 years ago
After you attack another player, you shouldn't be able to just quit the game to escape. That easy out he used to save himself was lame.
Great fedback, I would totally support that. Make it something like D3 so you can't exit the game immediately, instead you get a 5 sec "timer" when you exit where you can't do anything else.

Will make my best to avoid this in the future. :)
OP
Here are the typical scenarios that play out:

1. The Ambush
Join party
Check where everyone is
Decide what could be a good spot for ambush, where are they heading?
Go to spot and set up ambush
Wait... some times for minutes...

Example

2. Waypoint scanning
Don't need to join party (no one invites)
Jump from wp to wp depending on game name
Quick scan around wp to spot
Go for kill if I spot anyone

Example

3. The Hunt
Join party or judge by game name what they are up to
Start the hunt at desired wp or from town
Follow loot trail and draw conclusions from closed doors et.c. where they are

Example

4. The Duel
Players choosing to duel me

Example

5. Town rush
Go hostile just as we as a party are running out of town.
Can't find any good example at the moment.

EnragedN3wb 192Moderator

PC
I don't play HC, but I'm actually surprised at how tame D2R has been with this kind of thing so far... Having that PK jump into your Chaos or
Baal
run & hostile the whole group to try to mess it up definitely made things more exciting. Like playing a Survival game knowing you could be attacked at any time makes it more exciting. Even if you don't usually see someone, the risk is always there.

My friends & I would bring dueling characters as bodyguards for each other at times. Made for some great memories flattening an attempted PK because they weren't expecting people to be geared for a fight. :P
I don't like or respect what you're doing, but I understand it.
OP
EnragedN3wb wrote: 2 years ago
I don't play HC, but I'm actually surprised at how tame D2R has been with this kind of thing so far... Having that PK jump into your Chaos or
Baal
run & hostile the whole group to try to mess it up definitely made things more exciting. Like playing a Survival game knowing you could be attacked at any time makes it more exciting. Even if you don't usually see someone, the risk is always there.

My friends & I would bring dueling characters as bodyguards for each other at times. Made for some great memories flattening an attempted PK because they weren't expecting people to be geared for a fight. :P
Yeah agree, very little hostile action both in SC and HC! :)
DiabloPlayerKiller wrote: 2 years ago
flyingcar wrote: 2 years ago
Please post the video when someone destroys you :)
Will do for sure, count on that!
At first I was really put off by what you were doing but on second thought it might add some parody to HC if done right.

Cheapshotting literally just makes you a dick and is quite a selfish thing to do.

Maybe give a couple warnings in the form of messages and that way people would be more prepared to take you on.

You'd still have the upper hand since you're gunning to take people out but this would be more fun in terms of epic fights/close calls.

lf godly plate of the whale

Darq 86

Amazon Europe PC
Maybe give a couple warnings in the form of messages and that way people would be more prepared to take you on.
I think the big fat red hostile
Skull
and the warning sound you get when somebody becomes hostile is more then enough message. The victim where just careless.
Darq wrote: 2 years ago
I think the big fat red hostile
Skull
and the warning sound you get when somebody becomes hostile is more then enough message. The victim where just careless.
Either way many of the kills were lame.

lf godly plate of the whale

Fen 92

Amazon Europe PC

That's the whole purpose of PKing.

Prices are negotiable :)
Please DO NOT add me, before I accepted a trade or without comment, thanks! :)
Offers via pm will be ignored.
OP
Latest video, video 5, is up, with kill count 39 to 47.

Some higher level kills in this one, the highest at the end. When I get to fight the lvl 30's it starts to get really dangerous depending on what skills they use and how they are geared. :)

Sadly you can't target Baalruns with this build since I am only lvl 14, and in order to enter Worldstone Keep lvl 2 waypoint you have to defeat the Ancients (hence be lvl 21). I wish they change that in future patch.

Darq 86

Amazon Europe PC
It is the same as endgame farming. The same level of boring with no challenge but just op equipment. You can compare it to real life hunting where the animal have no chance either but people love thinks with no real threat. That is also why we play video games because we don't really want to fight dangerous enemies like demon. It is just power fantasy and being player killer is just that too.
You can't say anything on the internet these days.

I was PK'd several times in Legacy during few years time period when I exclusively played Hardcore. Some of the ways were so brilliant, I can't even be mad at the guys pulling that stuff off.

It is part of the game and revolves greatly around game original design. I don't think it should be changed. The thrill of playing public in HC is overflowing. You'll probably die but you just might survive this run.
I've played a lot of Dark Souls which tends to be riddled with people who prey upon low-levels by using extremely powerful gear to abuse the host player [you]. They were pathetically easy to spot -- best statted endgame armor, weapons, and downright cowardly tactics (no time for funny business or un/friendly gestures!). Never saw what they got out of it, but incredibly satisfying to best them with skill (or your own tricks...). Mostly it was a chore to endure their stupid tricks and typical idiot play however.

This seems kind of different though. There's nothing forcing the hosts to remain in-game except for the sunk cost of exploration/wps. I daresay most of these victims are well aware of the consequences of the red
Skull

That's why we play hardcore, right? For the intensity of survival, the consequences of our actions; because happiness is fleeting and the journey is so rewarding...

And for some, the thrill of the hunt! Now I didn't watch all the footage because I didn't get any good feelings from it, but I did want to weigh in on the fascinating ethics of this phenomenon...

I reckon as long as you are not being a jerk about it, go for your life! As others have said some friendly/menacing chat would probably take the sting off a touch -- and not metagaming (if you are idk -- like abusing instant save/exit yourself) would put this decidedly in 'fair play' territory!

That'll be 2 cents, please :)
I can see that the number of whacks needed to kill them is increasing with level, possibly making it much harder. Let us know which one is your final fight (when it happens)

Had a Dream about getting a
Lo
, and all I found today was a
Wisp Projector
OP
Aegis200 wrote: 2 years ago
I can see that the number of whacks needed to kill them is increasing with level, possibly making it much harder. Let us know which one is your final fight (when it happens)
Yeah for sure, will do! And yes, especially Barbs are really tough to hit and and start to have great health pools at lvl 30 and higher, really difficult to kill!
OP
SkeletonFriend wrote: 2 years ago
I reckon as long as you are not being a jerk about it, go for your life! As others have said some friendly/menacing chat would probably take the sting off a touch
Yeah I'm never a jerk about it, no point of putting salt in the wounds... I want them to create new HC chars after all. :)
OP
Last part for this session, of course with included Death shot as promised!

Also include all stats and gear, and an
Ear
-display at the end. :)

Teebling 5942Admin

Europe PC
A good journey, thanks for posting here with your kills and final demise :)

DiabloPlayerKiller wrote: 2 years ago
Last part for this session, of course with included Death shot as promised!

Also include all stats and gear, and an
Ear
-display at the end. :)

Oh wow, so it was a kill after Death, badass necro I guess.

Now rinse and repeat!!

Had a Dream about getting a
Lo
, and all I found today was a
Wisp Projector

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation