Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
49 replies   9672 views

Description

Want to discuss anything about the HC PK'ing part of D2R?

I have some examples of what this is about here, last part just up for anyone interested.

Part 4 - An amazing escape to kick this one off! :)

Earlier episodes,

part 1 - which include some stats at the end

part 2 -

part 3 -

part 4 - see top

part 5 - is just up
Description by DiabloPlayerKiller

Can be used to make Runewords:

Want to discuss anything about the HC PK'ing part of D2R?

I have some examples of what this is about here, last part just up for anyone interested.

Part 4 - An amazing escape to kick this one off! :)

Earlier episodes,

part 1 - which include some stats at the end

part 2 -

part 3 -

part 4 - see top

part 5 - is just up
Seems rather mean spirited, who hurt you?

geo89 51

Assassin Americas XLinux
I'd rather he kill hardcore characters then be a serial killer IRL lmao

This is a HARDCORE trade. PC only.
People like you are the worst. So here is the attention you are craving for, too sad you dont get it from any loved ones...

Now not talking to you anymore, you had all attention you derserved.

He is the reason why there needs to be a "no hostile" setting in public games...
OP
FanciestCrab wrote: 2 years ago
Seems rather mean spirited, who hurt you?
It is just another way to play the game, not to everyones taste, but some do like it.
OP
geo89 wrote: 2 years ago
I'd rather he kill hardcore characters then be a serial killer IRL lmao
^^
OP
WD40 wrote: 2 years ago
He is the reason why there needs to be a "no hostile" setting in public games...
I have not seen any news regarding that for the new D2R updates, have you? Guess the dev team and original creators are of a different opinion?
As a former hardcore player circa 2006 who didn't do this kind of stuff, I thought the fact that it could be done made the game more interesting/exciting.

That said, PK-ing anyone lower lvl than you with these kinds of builds is a bad look. Higher level, I can appreciate.

Fen 92

Amazon Europe PC
I mean, it is how it works, right? Everyone does know the risk, so he didn't actually do something wrong.
Still, I don't get what's to gain to PK peole that are unaware or in bad position. A famous movie tought us that lesson tho :D.

x-Player: "In a fair fight I'd kill you"

x-PK'er: "That's not much incentive for me to fight fair, then, is it?"

Prices are negotiable :)
Please DO NOT add me, before I accepted a trade or without comment, thanks! :)
Offers via pm will be ignored.
Please post the video when someone destroys you :)

lf godly plate of the whale

Darq 86

Amazon Europe PC
WD40 wrote: 2 years ago
People like you are the worst. So here is the attention you are craving for, too sad you dont get it from any loved ones...

Now not talking to you anymore, you had all attention you derserved.

It is part of the game and intended. It may not to your liking and for me it would be boring but it is as it is. No need to get personal.
If I'm playing Hardcore and someone goes hostile I'm saving and exiting immediately. Interesting that people are casually going about their business
Try that with me. I dare you. I like eating amateur-Pk'er for Breakfast. ;)
Its low level, so I don't see it as too terrible (a few hours of leveling at most, and if anything, just like Sekraan says, log off immediately, its not worth staying).
The only issue may be new players, but no new player will start their experience with d2r with HC (I hope right??)
As a PvM softcore player, its interesting to see the perspective of a HC Pker.

Had a Dream about getting a
Lo
, and all I found today was a
Wisp Projector

Teebling 5832Admin

Europe PC
There's something so creepy about the one shots, and then they're dead forever.

Cool vids OP, an interesting play style I haven't seen much of.

I personally wouldn't want to do any hardcore PVP, but it is the players' decisions to stay in game after they see that hostile warning. Maybe they think they can take you out because you are such a low level, but from the few glimpses of your inventory I saw, it seems like you have a geared out LLD'er.

If you offer what I am asking, add me on battle.net for a quicker trade. I'll see the notification instantly if I'm available.

Fen 92

Amazon Europe PC
tatatat wrote: 2 years ago
I personally wouldn't want to do any hardcore PVP
Players in the vids didn't want either. The games were made to play/level together. They did not expect to get attacked.

No idea how it works in Diablo 2, but there's a difference between PvP and PK. PvP is consensual, where both agree while PK is not. Thus PK'ers picking fights were others are not aware and in a bad position or even unable to defend themselves.
But yes, one should just TP immediately when someone joins who stays hostile. Dunno why some even tried to fight him tho ^^.
Might be hard for new players to evaluate the situation.

Prices are negotiable :)
Please DO NOT add me, before I accepted a trade or without comment, thanks! :)
Offers via pm will be ignored.
After you attack another player, you shouldn't be able to just quit the game to escape. That easy out he used to save himself was lame.
OP
flyingcar wrote: 2 years ago
Please post the video when someone destroys you :)
Will do for sure, count on that!
OP
Aegis200 wrote: 2 years ago
Its low level, so I don't see it as too terrible (a few hours of leveling at most, and if anything, just like Sekraan says, log off immediately, its not worth staying).
The only issue may be new players, but no new player will start their experience with d2r with HC (I hope right??)
As a PvM softcore player, its interesting to see the perspective of a HC Pker.
Yeah gear-wise they will typically never lose anything valuable, it's more the annoyance of having to build that lvl 25 char again and go through the campaign for a couple of hours. :)

And true, most HC players are experienced at D2 so it's not like they are unaware of what the game brings. But some times I am amazed how casual, almost to the point of being ignorant, some are.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...