Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
20 replies   2862 views

Description

Did I miss a memo, or are the RNG gods playing tricks on me.

I’ve been running Pindle/
Eld
\Shenk on my MF sorc(425mf), and for some odd reason not a single unique item has dropped off of Pindle. I’ve had some luck on both Eldritch and Shenk, but after 65 runs, not one unique item has dropped off of Pindle. Those 65 runs were consecutive runs, and now I’m just frustrated with Pindle. 65 doesn’t sound like a lot, but not one drop of value fell.. no runes higher than
Dol

Did they nerf the pindle drops, or am I just unlucky?

Can be used to make Runewords:

Did I miss a memo, or are the RNG gods playing tricks on me.

I’ve been running Pindle/
Eld
\Shenk on my MF sorc(425mf), and for some odd reason not a single unique item has dropped off of Pindle. I’ve had some luck on both Eldritch and Shenk, but after 65 runs, not one unique item has dropped off of Pindle. Those 65 runs were consecutive runs, and now I’m just frustrated with Pindle. 65 doesn’t sound like a lot, but not one drop of value fell.. no runes higher than
Dol

Did they nerf the pindle drops, or am I just unlucky?

Darq 86

Amazon Europe PC
RNG is a Bitch, you can never rely on it. I would say your just unlucky because 65 runs of one person is not enough to formulate a reasonable suspicion.
Pindle is just a super unique. They are not required to drop loads of unique items like bosses do, and 65 runs is not enough to draw a conclusion. You need to pump those numbers up!!!

Had a Dream about getting a
Lo
, and all I found today was a
Wisp Projector

Schnorki 3314Moderator

PC
MagMan1379 wrote: 2 years ago
... 65 doesn’t sound like a lot...

This. ;)
RNG being what it is, you will eventually run into chains of nothing upon nothing upon nothing. Same way you may the next day run into back to back (to back) baller drops. That's the nature of it.

___
If you want to add me on b.net, please message me here first. Random unexpected invites will be declined.
Never in twenty years of playing have I received anything good from Pindle. I simply ignore his existence now.

Renton212#2452
Renton212 wrote: 2 years ago
Never in twenty years of playing have a received anything good from Pindle. I simply ignore his existence now.
I leveled from 60something to 84 on Pindle runs in a relatively short time, right before the 60-second timer was added. I got... some good stuff, but nothing to write home about.

Deleted User 2817 0

I think a nerf like that would be in the release notes somewhere. You've likely just been unlikely, but, as someone else pointed out, he's not a boss so his drip rates are much lower, especially in a players/1 game.
Just to give an idea of how RNG is so fickle and random, I would farm Hell Pindle 100 times with a 200+ MF character, and the best drop I would get would be a
Ko
rune and a marginally useful res rare
Boots
. Then, I would hop onto NM with a 100 MF necro and farm Pindle 5 times, and drop a
Pul
rune and IK
Helm

RNGesus is either your friend or not, depending on the roll of the dice of that day and time.
I got a tals plate in my first 50 runs on pindle...not to rub it in or anything, but i dont think anything is nerfed

415% MF Sorcy

Nerf in drop rates is unlikely. RNG is bitch enough to keep people dry humping superuniques/bosses. Decreasing these odds would make no difference.
For me, MF stands for something completely different re: Pindle and it starts with mother.

Renton212#2452

Asha 359

Sorceress Europe PC
I recommend keep MF within 240%-290%. These numbers are optimal for hunting set/uniques. If you go higher (to 350%-400%) - you'll just start receiving more yellow crap, but that's it - no noticeable increase in green/golden loot. My best mf farms were (and remain) within 200%-300% range for years of practical farmin. The rest goes down to your luck, and number of ppl (in case of poppables/ordinary mobs, not uniques). Don't frustrate - just keep playin instead, and
Concentrate
on the process, not expectations. Like I always say: Random doesn't want to be farmed - but played and enjoyed instead. Gl and hf 🙂
Asha wrote: 2 years ago
I recommend keep MF within 240%-290%. These numbers are optimal for hunting set/uniques. If you go higher (to 350%-400%) - you'll just start receiving more yellow crap, but that's it - no noticeable increase in green/golden loot. My best mf farms were (and remain) within 200%-300% range for years of practical farmin. The rest goes down to your luck, and number of ppl (in case of poppables/ordinary mobs, not uniques). Don't frustrate - just keep playin instead, and
Concentrate
on the process, not expectations. Like I always say: Random doesn't want to be farmed - but played and enjoyed instead. Gl and hf 🙂
Yellow crap? How dare you, you
Shako
-wearing peasant?

All in all, sweet spot is somewhere in range of 250-350. More is always better but only to a degree where it doesn't strongly affect ability to kill quickly.
65 runs without a unique sounds highly unlikely to me, either you're in RNG hell or there was a nerf. Ran a bunch of pindle weeks ago at around 550% mf (roughly just +10% effective mf than you) and I had about 1 drop every 5ish runs. Sometimes multiple unique/set items dropped on back to back runs even.

lf godly plate of the whale
Renton212 wrote: 2 years ago
Never in twenty years of playing have a received anything good from Pindle. I simply ignore his existence now.
lol I feel ya on that. I still remember the old notes about him in iirc the old arreatsummit website, which said that his drops were so easy and godly that they nerfed him shortly afterwards. Could never shake that and always blamed that whenever I found crap 99.99% of the time from him.
Concentrate
I don't think that's true? First it rolls to see if the item is unique, then set, then rare and so on?

Fen 92

Amazon Europe PC
__pache__ wrote: 2 years ago
Concentrate
I don't think that's true? First it rolls to see if the item is unique, then set, then rare and so on?
The first 200% MF are the most important. Everything higher does barely affect unique drops but set, rare and magic.

Prices are negotiable :)
Please DO NOT add me, before I accepted a trade or without comment, thanks! :)
Offers via pm will be ignored.
Right but you get more uniques not less... It first rolls for item bases and runes then ethereal then type. First type rng check is unique.

Fen 92

Amazon Europe PC
Yes, the first check is if the item is whether unique or not.

"In Diablo 2 the first thing you should know about Magic Find is that it Magic Find increases the amount of magical quality items you'll see drop from enemies; it does not increase the quality of drops in this game."

Prices are negotiable :)
Please DO NOT add me, before I accepted a trade or without comment, thanks! :)
Offers via pm will be ignored.
https://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Magic_Find

> **Since Magic Find has diminishing returns, is 110% the best?**

> No, the more MF you have the better, always, in terms of getting higher quality items. 1000% will find more Uniques, over time, than 900%, and far far more than 300% or 200%.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation