Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
20 replies   2762 views

Description

Is there an established borderline between rich and poor in this game? Is it a total number of HRs on your account? Maxed out gg toons? Finally getting Enigma? Tell me, I honestly don't know where to draw the line.
Description by BillyMaysed

Can be used to make Runewords:

Is there an established borderline between rich and poor in this game? Is it a total number of HRs on your account? Maxed out gg toons? Finally getting Enigma? Tell me, I honestly don't know where to draw the line.
Depends on the person. To me, if you can farm keys and do ubers by yourself (1-3+ daily sessions), you are good, since you could potentially make a
Gul
per run, very competitive even when compared to Grushing, without the hassle of having to find other 7 people and bouncers.

Others consider having Enigma as the end goal, and start playing for fun after that.

However, the ultimate chad move is to make Last Wish. If you made that (meaning that you had nothing else better where to spend the runes on), you already won. Don't farm anymore.

Had a Dream about getting a
Lo
, and all I found today was a
Wisp Projector

Mboc 13

Druid Europe PC
once you don‘t care to pay a shtload of HR Runes for a perfect rolled item even though u wouldnt notice any difference in performance, you can consider yourself rich. But generally I would say it is relative as it is with all things. The guy playing once a week will feel like winning a lottery when he/she finds a
Vex
or higher

BillyMaysed 2221Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
D2 "Rich" is swimming in perfectly rolled Runewords for multiple toons and lots of HRs in your stash.

But when you're D2 poor like me then you FEEL D2 rich when you find even an
Ist
xD

Teebling 6194Admin

Europe PC
I think for most, even beating Hell is enough. Not rich in material things but rich in meaning for that player.

As for material wealth I'm not really sure. Enigma in legacy was iconic and was traditionally considered the GG item that separated the men from the boys, but in Resurrected people have a lot more accessible knowledge, tools, and resources available to them to get to that stage; Enigma is being made left and right now.

I guess that it's all relative, as one person in this thread has already mentioned. One man's trash is another man's treasure and all that.

Poor = Me
Rich = Everyone else

That's my definition

wale 39

Druid PC
Poverty = no torch, wearing random uniques u find in normal/nightmare
Poor = wrong-class torch (for the stats) and <
Ist
gear like 3 ptpoaz
Helm
+ Wealth armor + occy + Rhyme shield
middle-class = Enigma. one that you take off and share with all your characters
rich = you're at the point where you do stuff like
Ist
your Shaco for that 1 mf over
Perfect Topaz

very rich = people who buy jewelers armor of the whale or jmod
bezos rich = those people who list like 10 annis/griffons or sell 50 sojs at a time
wale wrote: 2 years ago
Ist
gear like 3 ptpoaz
Helm
Ist
Perfect Topaz

bezos rich = those people who list like 10 annis/griffons or sell 50 sojs at a time
That jump from poor from middle-class is a bit brutal, but considering the jump from rich to very rich I can see the scale

Lo
Wisp Projector

wale 39

Druid PC
Aegis200 wrote: 2 years ago
Ist
gear like 3 ptpoaz
Helm
Ist
Perfect Topaz

That jump from poor from middle-class is a bit brutal, but considering the jump from rich to very rich I can see the scale
I guess it reflects my experience, haha. I wore Sigon Shield + Spirit Sword + Wealth + 3
Perfect Topaz
Helm
until I could afford Enigma. Like an aggressive graduate paying off student loans
Aegis200 wrote: 2 years ago
Ist
gear like 3 ptpoaz
Helm
Ist
Perfect Topaz

I guess it reflects my experience, haha. I wore Sigon Shield + Spirit Sword + Wealth + 3
Perfect Topaz
Helm
until I could afford Enigma. Like an aggressive graduate paying off student loans
Makes sense, I guess it all depends on what HRs you come across. I had 2 Griefs, Fortitude, and CTA before even getting close to getting Enigma, which i got after aggressively farming torches and trading everything I saved up. To this day, both
Ber
and
Jah
have been eluding me during my runs. Perhaps they sense my desire.

Lo
Wisp Projector

EnragedN3wb 198Moderator

PC
For me, being rich in D2 means you have multiple fully completed characters & a few HRs to spare.

What "completed" means is entirely up to the person, as long as they consider it complete. For myself that would consist of having them at lvl 90+ with every item I want for them with rolls good enough that I don't feel the need to look for a better one.
Teebling wrote: 2 years ago
I think for most, even beating Hell is enough. Not rich in material things but rich in meaning for that player.
That low bar? For me it's beating UT at least.

As for material richness, I think one perfect character (lvl ≥ 90, endgame BiS gear (not necessarily perfect rolls), capable of beating UT) + spare HRs is enough. "Spare" = enough to build another perfect character, if one wants to do so. And, of course, I assume that a rich player no longer needs to MF, unless for fun (similar to how RL billionaires do not work).
For me it's having best in slot items for all my characters and not have to share stuff between them.
The thing with having high runes is that they just sit there until you use them or spend them so I judge Wealth by items.
Making my first Enigma felt rich but having to share it between characters doesn't. Neither does not having a single anni.
I like that there's always that next hurdle in accumulation. It gives me a focus.

Renton212#2452

Schnorki 3334Moderator

PC
Speaking in the material sense (so not in terms of a rich playing experience), my definition would be the same as it is in real life:
Rich is when you can afford to not look at prices and just buy stuff because you want to as opposed to only what you really need.

Obviously, "need" in this particular case is a bit of a subjective definition. For me, that's gearing 7 "base toons" (one of each class, all of which have specific purposes) with BiS gear for their particular purpose(s) with one of them (the eternal favorite/PvP one) having perfect rolls on all of it. After that, it all turns into "go back to making random extra builds just for the fun and curiosity of it and don't worry about what you're paying to get their random gear".

___
If you want to add me on b.net, please message me here first. Random unexpected invites will be declined.
If you struggle in solo hell, you broke. You piggy back the broke guys in an 8man game you're rich.

Xbox GT: Cinomed541 add me if you need someone to play with.
Cinomed541 wrote: 2 years ago
If you struggle in solo hell, you broke. You piggy back the broke guys in an 8man game you're rich.
Isn't that like normal Capitalism in the US? lol
VolitionSin wrote: 2 years ago
Damn that's messed up..... but 100% accurate.

VolitionSin wrote: 2 years ago
Damn that's messed up..... but 100% accurate.
Actually it is not. Piggybacking them for free would be communism

Piggybacking them for i.e. HF quest would be some sort of social economy

Getting them to work for you, slay all monsters and handing you the loot in case you are already the most rich in the room, that somehow is capitalism.
Or watching them working their way to Andy in hell just to overtake them with your Tele Enigma, kill Andy and disappear with the unid unique ring

Asha 370

Sorceress Europe PC
Imo, the rich player isn't the one who has much - but the one who is happy playin and enjoyin the game with what he got already. There is a personal borderline between "now i need this, and after i'll seek for that" and "well, i'm good and fine already to play when and how I see fit".

You may have full stash of costly runewords/HRs and other sweets and still chase for something else -are you rich in this case? I think not - bc you are not satisfied, and eagerness still drives you onward.

Or you may have that
Tal
/Ik/Mav set and play through hell at your personal terms, enjoyin the game, killing some mobs/completin quests/coopin others, whatever - and this is fine for you, you're calm and happy even without a single
Ist
in your stash. Are you rich here? I believe yes - because you just play for fun, and nothing chews you from inside.
Asha wrote: 2 years ago
Imo, the rich player isn't the one who has much - but the one who is happy playin and enjoyin the game with what he got already. There is a personal borderline between "now i need this, and after i'll seek for that" and "well, i'm good and fine already to play when and how I see fit".

You may have full stash of costly runewords/HRs and other sweets and still chase for something else -are you rich in this case? I think not - bc you are not satisfied, and eagerness still drives you onward+.

Or you may have that
Tal
/Ik/Mav set and play through hell at your personal terms, enjoyin the game, killing some mobs/completin quests/coopin others, whatever - and this is fine for you, you're calm and happy even without a single
Ist
in your stash. Are you rich here? I believe yes - because you just play for fun, and nothing chews you from inside.
I agree 110%, before my poison necro was slapping everything in hell I had full trangs.
Grinding for drops not knowing if Andy is gonna kill me with her poison before mine kills her. Or having to
Revive
my merc 6 times every run of cows. Now I run through Chaos with a full team in no time. Or hell cows in and out in less than 5 min. Once you get your end game gear that character loses its luster and excitement, the thrill of not know if your gonna get clapped instead of clapping getting excited when something drops better than what's on you.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...