diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
59 replies   18972 views

[BUG] D2R Bug Deletes Your Items Once You Get Too Many [12/27]

No data yet

Description

Description by BillyMaysed

Can be used to make Runewords:

The takeaway should be ..."STOP FUCKING HOARDING EVERYTHING".
BillyMaysed wrote: 2 years ago
crocorinho wrote: 2 years ago
Did blizz said anything about it yet?
I have been checking blizz forums multiple times a day for an update and i only see more threads talking about this bug but without any official responses... -_-
If you ignore it for long enough, it'll go away.
Rasalom wrote: 2 years ago
The takeaway should be ..."STOP FUCKING HOARDING EVERYTHING".
You better not use all that extra stash space.
OP

BillyMaysed 2185Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
"STOP FUCKING HOARDING EVERYTHING".
Were you trying to be funny? This was discovered from crafting lots of amulets. So someone with barley any items can still have them go poof if they do a bunch of crafting in one sitting.

Were you trying to be funny? This was discovered from crafting lots of amulets. So someone with barley any items can still have them go poof if they do a bunch of crafting in one sitting.
Nope. We don't know what the trigger is exactly. If you do a pile of crafting, but don't keep everything you craft, will it still go poof? I personally have done piles and piles of crafting, but I don't keep everything I craft, so I've never seen it. I'd love for Blizzard to give us some input here... but we've known about this issue for a while.. so why would anyone keep piles of stuff if they risk some of it going poof?

Toss that stuff on mules, vendor it, give it away.. whatever.. but don't just leave it in your stash until Blizzard fixes it or at least gives up some info on the issue. I mean, we need to be proactive as a playerbase if we don't want to lose our shit, because Blizzard isn't going to look out for us... so we have to do it for ourselves. Sure, it's not our fault, but we're the ones that lose out until it's fixed.

As an example... we could suggest some best practices to help avoid the problem. Such as, craft in small batches. Don't keep lots of runewords/ crafted items/ rares in your stash.
Nope. We don't know what the trigger is exactly. If you do a pile of crafting, but don't keep everything you craft, will it still go poof? I personally have done piles and piles of crafting, but I don't keep everything I craft, so I've never seen it. I'd love for Blizzard to give us some input here... but we've known about this issue for a while.. so why would anyone keep piles of stuff if they risk some of it going poof?

Toss that stuff on mules, vendor it, give it away.. whatever.. but don't just leave it in your stash until Blizzard fixes it or at least gives up some info on the issue. I mean, we need to be proactive as a playerbase if we don't want to lose our shit, because Blizzard isn't going to look out for us... so we have to do it for ourselves. Sure, it's not our fault, but we're the ones that lose out until it's fixed.

As an example... we could suggest some best practices to help avoid the problem. Such as, craft in small batches. Don't keep lots of runewords/ crafted items/ rares in your stash.
I will tell you a secret if you promise to keep it *whispers* not everyone is aware of this bug /S
Cryptography wrote: 2 years ago
I will tell you a secret if you promise to keep it *whispers* not everyone is aware of this bug /S
Well of course. And even after a post like this, and the other ones on the official forums, lots and lots of players still won't be aware of it.

That's not something we can fix. However, we can try to protect ourselves and anyone else that comes to the forums. Most people will go to the forums to find out why an item they had went poof.. and that's when they'll find us.
OP

Sorceress Americas PC

I keep rereading this and it just seems.. like a really really shitty take on the subject. I mean, you're literally victim blaming. lol. Not trying to turn this into an argument thread, but everyone knows D2 is ALL about the items and tons of players hoard them. Heard of plugy? Cmon now.

I keep rereading this and it just seems.. like a really really shitty take on the subject. I mean, you're literally victim blaming. lol. Not trying to turn this into an argument thread, but everyone knows D2 is ALL about the items and tons of players hoard them. Heard of plugy? Cmon now.
Well, you're not wrong. I mean it's totally about the loot. And it's shitty of Blizzard to have this bug in the game... but until we have a solution from Blizzard themselves, what do we do about it other then protect ourselves? I mean, I'd love to be able to walk around the streets of New York with a fat wad of cash in my hands... but I'm not going to, because I don't want to get robbed.

I don't disagree with anything said here, I just think that we need to take some personal responsibility to protect ourselves from something we know about, that we can't changed.

Zelym 123

Paladin Europe PC
There was a hidden locked box at Blizzard headquarters with a big warning sign "DO NOT OPEN THIS BOX!".
Some intern found it, so of course he knew exactly what he had to do: he opened the box.
That's how the Ruststorm was released again. He hasn't been fed for years, he is very hungry, he has started eating everything.
No one at Blizzard wants to talk about it. They are all afraid. Everyone keeps quiet. The Ruststorm doesn't exist.

(Ruststorm was how Blizzard named their duped items removing process back in the days)
I was playing back in the day when people were trading occy rings around as currency. We all knew it was only a matter of time before the Ruststorm came for them, but until that happened, we enjoyed the hell out of them.

For those that don't know, there were hacked items back in the day, and someone hacked all the stats of
The Oculus
onto a unique ring... so yes, that means that any caster could have +6 skills, +40 resist all, etc, in their 2 ring slots.
Zelym wrote: 2 years ago
There was a hidden locked box at Blizzard headquarters with a big warning sign "DO NOT OPEN THIS BOX!".
Some intern found it, so of course he knew exactly what he had to do: he opened the box.
That's how the Ruststorm was released again. He hasn't been fed for years, he is very hungry, he has started eating everything.
No one at Blizzard wants to talk about it. They are all afraid. Everyone keeps quiet. The Ruststorm doesn't exist.

(Ruststorm was how Blizzard named their duped items removing process back in the days)
Ruststorm was intentional. We are talking about a bug here that devs could not predict but should perhaps be a simple change, except they now have to calculate largest possible stash size for increased amount of slots. Not an easy task for a small indie company.
OP

Sorceress Americas PC
Ruststorm was intentional. We are talking about a bug here that devs could not predict but should perhaps be a simple change, except they now have to calculate largest possible stash size for increased amount of slots. Not an easy task for a small indie company.
Wasn't Zelym just being funny though? Unlike that other guy telling me to throw away all my low lvl trash uniques.
Not an easy task for a small indie company.
now you're funny too. :D

Zelym 123

Paladin Europe PC
Yeah, sometimes my mind creates weird stories to push away boredom while farming.

Afura 10

Druid Europe PC
Happened to me too in my private stash. God thanks it was just the cube that dissapeared

I did read in an article that they struggle to fix this issue.
OP

Sorceress Americas PC
Afura wrote: 2 years ago
Link?

Afura 10

Druid Europe PC
Link?
Was a german article I did read 2 weeks ago, not sure if it makes much sense to link it ^^
Link?
Was a german article I did read 2 weeks ago, not sure if it makes much sense to link it ^^
Please do, anyway.

Afura 10

Druid Europe PC
Link?
Please do, anyway.
If I can find it, I did read it 2 weeks ago.
Does this bug seem to only happen with rares/crafted items and the like?
I don't really hoard those, but I do have mules full of pgems and runes... Are these known to happen as well?
Should I just upgrade all my mid/high runes to higher stuff, so they don't go poof?
mishabg wrote: 2 years ago
Does this bug seem to only happen with rares/crafted items and the like?
I don't really hoard those, but I do have mules full of pgems and runes... Are these known to happen as well?
Should I just upgrade all
Pul
-
Vex
runes to higher stuff, so they don't go poof?
It is related to file size - crafted/rare items have larger size than magic/unique/runes.

I don't know for a fact how save file size limit was calculated in Legacy but new stash is about twice in size and based on logic, anything that goes over file size limit when your character data is saved, could be lost.

Keep minimal single-slot crafts in your personal stash tab and you should be safe.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...