Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
3 comments   12917 views

Description

Rare Items can only have one socket. You cannot add sockets to items that don't normally have sockets.

You cannot use this on a Rare with one socket. You can only add one socket to a zero socket Rare Item.
Description by Teebling

Can be used to make Runewords:

Teebling Admin

Europe PC
Rare Items can only have one socket. You cannot add sockets to items that don't normally have sockets.

You cannot use this on a Rare with one socket. You can only add one socket to a zero socket Rare Item.
Sure, who wouldn't use soj to add a socket to a rare item? I see the queues forming already :D
Using a
Stone of Jordan
made sense back in the day because they were being mass dupped and Blizz wanted a SoJ sink.

Still, some well-rolled rare (yellow) items can be Best-in-Slot in some builds, even surpassing some Uniques, Sets and Runewords.

In that sense, if ultra rich or really willing to, someone could use this recipe to add an socket to a GG rare item for min-maxing after running out of
Larzuk
rewards. Still it only makes sense in vanilla LoD where there is no shared stash. In Diablo 2 Resurrected it is much better to just rush a character to Act 5 to get another
Larzuk
reward.
October 2023

Dear diary:
Season 5 ladder just started recently. Inflation is hitting us NLers harder than most and the time has finally come.
Getting rushed to
Larzuk
is what, 2
Ist
? 3
Ist
now? Getting a
Stone of Jordan
?
Ist
to 2
Ist
. I thought I'd never live to see this day.

This recipe became relevant again for socketing rare items (you'd still need to use
Larzuk
for normal/superior items) but the price for SoJ plummeted and getting one takes less time than getting socket-rushed.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...