Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
24 replies   14312 views

Description

character boost wise, isn't torch more useful by having more skills boost or is it because anni is much more rare and hard to obtain and its exp boost (which is rare in game)?
Description by BillyMaysed

Can be used to make Runewords:

character boost wise, isn't torch more useful by having more skills boost or is it because anni is much more rare and hard to obtain and its exp boost (which is rare in game)?

Darq 86

Amazon Europe PC
It is rare and expensive because it is a pain in the ass to get one (you have to organize in a group to have a realistic chance) and getting a Torch is much easier. Also you cannot compare it to a Torch because you can only have one of each so there is no reason to not use both.
The current methodology to get anni is to organize a bunch of players in a common server, sell a bunch of
Stone of Jordan
rings and hope they get the threshold to spawn
Diablo Clone

Had a Dream about getting a
Lo
, and all I found today was a
Wisp Projector
Hunting DClone is kind of a Dark Art. You have to fucking monitor some network stuff and shit 😛

Selling a lot of
Stone of Jordan
back in the day made sense because they were being mass dupped and Blizz wanted a SoJ sink.

That dupes also explain
Recipe: Add 1 Socket to a Rare Item
and
using those rings as ingredients
better hope that they will change it before 2.4 goes live.

https://www.purediablo.com/diablo-2-res ... eam-recap/

Diablo Clone

We know the clone is a pain to deal with. This is something we are actively looking to redesign it in a way that it will bring it to a larger audience.

other than spawning D Clone, SOJ's is not really a BIS item for most characters.
crocorinho wrote: 2 years ago
Selling a lot of
Stone of Jordan
back in the day made sense because they were being mass dupped and Blizz wanted a SoJ sink.

That dupes also explain
and
True; instead of fixing the issue, they applied symptomatic treatment. -.-
Torch gives more stats, but everyone can get torch easily.

Getting Anni is difficult/expensive though.

Sure it gives less stats than Torch, but everyone who wants a torch, has a torch; Even if you can' t farm ubers, you can just farm keys and trade them for torches.

Many who wants Anni don't have one though, and while you can also farm and trade for them, it's a lot more expensive. Or if you want to participate in spawning them, usually costs like 2 SoJ I think.

So it's kinda like asking "Why is Helium more expensive than air? Air is vital for humans to breathe".

Sure, but air is everywhere, everyone can get it. So you don't have to pay for it. Helium is more difficult to get though.
mishabg wrote: 2 years ago
*cries in hardcore*

Getting Anni is difficult/expensive though.

Sure it gives less stats than Torch, but everyone who wants a torch, has a torch; Even if you can' t farm ubers, you can just farm keys and trade them for torches.

Many who wants Anni don't have one though, and while you can also farm and trade for them, it's a lot more expensive. Or if you want to participate in spawning them, usually costs like 2 SoJ I think.

So it's kinda like asking "Why is Helium more expensive than air? Air is vital for humans to breathe".

Sure, but air is everywhere, everyone can get it. So you don't have to pay for it. Helium is more difficult to get though.
In three words - "Supply and Demand".

THIS IS A HARDCORE MODE TRADE!!!!!
IF YOU ARE FROM SOFTCORE YOU ARE AT THE WRONG TRADE!!!!!
MangoCreamZ wrote: 2 years ago
Pretty much! The demand is the same for both (everyone wants one), but the supply is way lower for Anni.
(Hopefully that changes in the upcoming patch! I don't mind if it's more expensive, but I'm not a fan of the whole 'teaming up with a hundred people to spawn it').
oldboldsummoner wrote: 2 years ago
*cries in hardcore*
Hah. I don't play hardcore yet (considering it) but even as someone who farm ubers regularly, I'm worried about that; Even with my res maxed under meph aura, I'd be scared as hell. If you don't gear your character properly you risk to die, but if you do gear it properly and you die anyway you lose a lot.
Annihilus
isn't worse in any way. It gives extra exp that torch does not and takes up only 1x1 slot.
*cries in hardcore*
Hah. I don't play hardcore yet (considering it) but even as someone who farm ubers regularly, I'm worried about that; Even with my res maxed under meph aura, I'd be scared as hell. If you don't gear your character properly you risk to die, but if you do gear it properly and you die anyway you lose a lot.
I don't know how a proper UT smiter can die there, really.
Cryptography wrote: 2 years ago
Annihilus
isn't worse in any way. It gives extra exp that torch does not and takes up only 1x1 slot.
*cries in hardcore*
I don't know how a proper UT smiter can die there, really.
Perhaps if the Ubers are located on a server very far away, increasing lag and decreasing the possibility of a proc from draculs or fast actions (had to chug more purples than normal in an Asia save for a friend)

Lo
Wisp Projector
MangoCreamZ wrote: 2 years ago
Pretty much! The demand is the same for both (everyone wants one), but the supply is way lower for Anni.
(Hopefully that changes in the upcoming patch! I don't mind if it's more expensive, but I'm not a fan of the whole 'teaming up with a hundred people to spawn it').
it's not just the joining of elitist clubs, the whole idea of selling off a 100+ legitimately found SOJ's is incredibly wasteful and counter productive. It will only encourage more and more d2jsp transactions to obtain the next batch to spawn D Clone again.

nyRo 23

Necromancer Americas PC
annoynimous wrote: 2 years ago

Diablo Clone

We know the clone is a pain to deal with. This is something we are actively looking to redesign it in a way that it will bring it to a larger audience.

other than spawning D Clone, SOJ's is not really a BIS item for most characters.
I would expect this would plummet the value of Annis on the market
nyRo wrote: 2 years ago

Diablo Clone

I would expect this would plummet the value of Annis on the market
+100%. Depends on what means they use to spawn them, perhaps less clunky than selling SOJ's like collecting the tokens you get from uber runs or something.

Lo
Wisp Projector

Beardozer 436Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
Trang Oul wrote: 2 years ago
Selling a lot of
Stone of Jordan

That dupes also explain
and
If I remember right, at some point early on there were no hidden 'serial numbers' stamped onto items and Blizzard couldn't tell what items were legit vs what was a dupe. They fixed this by making all items spawn with essentially a serial number, and if two copies of that same item ever entered the same game then they would both be deleted on the spot. This did cut down on most of the duped items from that point onward. But this would only apply to items that were generated after this fix was applied, they couldn't retroactively go back and determine which items were legit and which weren't. And by then there were already a shitload of duped SoJs in circulation as currency, and Blizzard had no way to identify which were legit vs which were dupes. So they added a game mechanic that made people want to willingly start destroying the supply of SoJs. It was pretty smart. But it's outdated now. The servers haven't been flooded with untraceable duped rings for nearly a couple decades now... so they really should change this mechanic up to get away from the SoJ.

diablo2.io janitor | Odunga Brotherhood
Beardozer wrote: 2 years ago
Selling a lot of
Stone of Jordan

That dupes also explain
and
If I remember right, at some point early on there were no hidden 'serial numbers' stamped onto items and Blizzard couldn't tell what items were legit vs what was a dupe. They fixed this by making all items spawn with essentially a serial number, and if two copies of that same item ever entered the same game then they would both be deleted on the spot. This did cut down on most of the duped items from that point onward. But this would only apply to items that were generated after this fix was applied, they couldn't retroactively go back and determine which items were legit and which weren't. And by then there were already a shitload of duped SoJs in circulation as currency, and Blizzard had no way to identify which were legit vs which were dupes. So they added a game mechanic that made people want to willingly start destroying the supply of SoJs. It was pretty smart. But it's outdated now. The servers haven't been flooded with untraceable duped rings for nearly a couple decades now... so they really should change this mechanic up to get away from the SoJ.
Correction - only item(s) with later timestamp and identical ID will poof.

I would imagine no one would volunteer for clashing dupes if both of items would be removed from server upon matching their IDs.

Darq 86

Amazon Europe PC
Beardozer wrote: 2 years ago
I love it when false accusement gets corrected. This warms my developer heart a bit because it gets annoying after a while to be always the punching bag.

y2kid 109

PC

Diablo Clone

I think they only said that they were thinking about it. Which most likely means that it will not be changed in 2.4. That said... If this stays the case I don't see why one of the trusted members in this community (i.e., the admins or some old dogs such as me or sD) can't organize such an elitist
Club
of our own ^^. We'll see how it goes if people are keen I may organize something if I can find the time after 2.4 launches.

y2k#2833 on Bnet
y2kid#1811 on Discord

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...