Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
8 replies   1925 views

Description

Recently I started to collect gold for some gambling fun, and noticed that our dear town vendors don't always pay!

It doesn't happen that often, but once in a while after dropping an item into the window, I could hear the sound of coins being deposited, but then when I checked my stash and my backpack, the 35k are no where to be found. o.O

Meanwhile the said vendor just stood there pretending nothing was wrong ... how could they do such things after claiming to be my friends and all that?

Anyone noticed this before?
Description by Teebling

Can be used to make Runewords:

Bisu 364

PC
Recently I started to collect gold for some gambling fun, and noticed that our dear town vendors don't always pay!

It doesn't happen that often, but once in a while after dropping an item into the window, I could hear the sound of coins being deposited, but then when I checked my stash and my backpack, the 35k are no where to be found. o.O

Meanwhile the said vendor just stood there pretending nothing was wrong ... how could they do such things after claiming to be my friends and all that?

Anyone noticed this before?
Hahahah, haven't really paid enough attention to confirm or deny this, but your post made me laugh :D

Schnorki 3024Moderator

PC
Is your character full on gold perhaps?

Gold never automatically moves to your stash, it moves to your character. If the character is full (or close to it), it fills the character to the limit and everything left over drops to the Ground next to you. I.e. you then need to manually drop your character's gold into your stash and run back to pick up the gold on the Ground.

Haven't observed any other "non-payment" myself.

Teebling 5763Admin

Europe PC
Even the NPCs are scamming these days

Th3ory 385

Paladin Americas PC
Teebling wrote: 2 years ago
Even the NPCs are scamming these days

^ NPCs

OP

Bisu 364

PC
Schnorki wrote: 2 years ago
Is your character full on gold perhaps?
Nope there wasn't any overflow issue for the gold. Of that I am sure.

The reason I mentioned checking both my backpack and stash is that both gold amount are displayed when the vendor window is open. When the non-payment events happened, I knew for sure that my backpack didn't receive any gold. And then, just in case some weird thing happened such as the gold was directly deposited into my stash, I also made sure to check my stash amount as well.

Ever since I started doing more
Travincal
runs, I have been hauling back some junk blue items to vendor frequently. During this period I have seen the vendor not paying issue quite a few times, so it's not too rare of a glitch. Maybe they had my in-game routing/account number wrong? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Maybe stealing player gold is how Blizzard helps to finance server costs. At least I think that's how these things work. :)

Did it happen from a single sale or after selling lots of stuff? Maybe there's a hidden ceiling to NPC gold that can go out?

Schnorki 3024Moderator

PC
Bisu wrote: 2 years ago
Maybe they had my in-game routing/account number wrong? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Where are you playing from? Did you get banned from SWIFT? :P
Apologies if you are aware of this OP, but if you are able to wear Wealth armor and/or other gold find gear during trav runs you fill up on gold pretty fast without needing to bother with selling blues.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...