Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
110 replies   14851 views

Description

Description by klmklm27

Can be used to make Runewords:

running during load screen and trying to do it under 30 seconds is only good if you enjoy that fast playstyle. it's completely unnecessary for good drops though, and burns me out very quickly playing like that.

i prefer to take my time, pop chests and kill elites in surrounding area, and never feel the need to rush. just go with the flow, and after a week or two of doing that every night you should eventually get a
Jah
or something decent.

IMO, it's kinda like the saying "a watched pot never boils"

well, "a tallied trav run never drops HRs" ;)

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.
OP
I think I just have displeased the RNG gods
maybe if I sacrifice a few
Ist
?

EU, CET/DST, playing early morning and evening
I've never found good runes in Trav!
flynnarrel wrote: 2 years ago
I've never found good runes in Trav!
Then you have either not run it "enough" times (say, at least 500), or you are rather unlucky.
I usually do 40 to 80 runs in a single session. I've been farming Travi for 2 weeks straight now. I've got 2
Pul
out of it and a few usable uniques. Council does drop runes for me, but it is mostly like
El
Ith
range...but I'm used to that. I'm used to the fact that in every guide including RNG I'm like the bottom of the list. They say you can get a good rune in about 500 runs, but there is the few unlucky who had to do like 4000. Now I'm the unlucky dude from the books. I made Peace with the 15000 runs i have to get through for an
Ist
. It's a peaceful life.
After my first 1000
Travincal
runs, I got
Vex
Gul
, 2
Mal
, 3
Um
, 2
Pul
. Except from the runes I got skiller+life GC that traded for
Ohm
and SOJ and Mara (28). So as funny as it is I am running with only ~30 MF and the better drops were in the items part :)

geo89 50

Assassin Americas XLinux
Try sacrificing a 90+ character to RN Jesus. If he is pleased with you, you may be blessed and get the high runes you seek.

🙏

This is a HARDCORE trade. PC only.
Council dropped me
Jah
Ber
Ohm
, a few
Ist
, and
Mal
. I have run them 3000 times since launch. Many people run them more than you and me.

You guys may be not using the correct character to farm, which is the gold-find barb. So you farming there a few dozens completely relies on luck, not statistics.

!!! Ladder trade ONLY !!!
!!! PLZ do not offer
Annihilus
!!!

If you BIN or offer my WTB, please DIRECTLY add me in BNet to trade:
tgnruby#1956
No waste time to reply. Thanks!
Please remove friend after trade. Thanks!
OP
500 runs, no luck yet still slow (CtA when in trav +
Charge
to get to the council as I still cant
Teleport
)
iamergo wrote: 2 years ago
if you switch to
Vigor
and spam-click run while the game is still loading. You can get just beyond the corner of the pyramid with SSD loadtimes.
getting pretty good at that, "finishing" between pyramid and (quite often) next to the WP

@klmklm27 Nice!
OP

OP

Zebot 70

Paladin Americas PC
Yeah be patient. I have boasted of my
Frenzy
barbs rune exploits in trav, but I have done thousands and thousands of runs. And each run with the barb is 50+% more efficient because of
Find Item
. Have also gone through a mega cold streak that made me question continuing.
You're not doing anything wrong.
Travincal
, Smash,
Find Item
, Repeat. Praying to RNGesus a little couldn't hurt though.
basicdad wrote: 2 years ago
klmklm27 wrote: 2 years ago
iamergo wrote: 2 years ago
switch to
Vigor
and spam-click run while the game is still loading. You can get just beyond the corner of the pyramid with SSD loadtimes.
need to improve this as I'm only able to move bit toward the pyramid, far from the corner :D

Thanks all for sharing your thoughts / experience

so in fact, reading all this, there's no way to say
Travincal
is better than any other place !? apart from the drop tables and statically speaking about thousands of players doing thouthands of runs
they're no way to say it will be better for me than any other place in the game (meaning WSK,
Chaos Sanctuary
and places like these)
considering it's (a bit) boring to do the same thing again and again it seems it's not worth it at the end ?
In my opinion Trav is statistically your best bet for runes
Mal
+. Here is a pretty good explanation:

300 runs is still a pretty small sample size. There has been a time where I got 2
Jah
runes within 300 runs. I've had to do thousands of runs to get there though. I really like Trav because they also drop a lot of charms, gold and jewels. It obviously can get VERY repetitive. To keep my interest, I like to run different things in 30 minute intervals. Trav, Pindle, Level Lightning Sorc,
Baal
, etc. That's just my attention span. Persistence does pay off. I went weeks without much to show for and then all of a sudden a decent rune drop comes through. Keep at it and good luck.
This video is why I basically only run
Travincal
with my
Frenzy
barb, I get bored and run the usual suspects from time to time, but
Travincal
for runes and
Nihlathak
have been the fastest and most rewarding spots to hork/farm with no
Teleport
I'm finding
Travincal
insanely profitable on my new WW barb, way better than most other places I run on my Javazon or Sorc. In the last week, running
Travincal
only about 30 mins to an hour a day, I've dredged up 2
Sur
runes, 1
Ohm
rune, a BK ring, several valuable uniques (including an ethereal
Headstriker
that's already worth
Ohm
+ but maybe is gonna be even more valuable after next patch), several runes in the
Mal
-
Pul
range, and several very valuable charms. Oh yea, also A LOT of gold because I'm horking with two double-
Ist
ed Ali Babas. I've gambled a few nice tiaras/coronets/diadems so far. It's just a stupidly good place to farm.

This was just moments ago:
I'm actually afraid that
Travincal
on a barb is so good that it threatens the viability of other classes/areas. I used to do "Grand Tour" runs on my lightning sorc, hitting every major farming spot in the game from Act 1 through Act 5, which kept the variety fresh and interesting. However, those "grand tour" runs never yielded anything like THIS. These mind-numbing
Travincal
runs are so far just way, way better. Maybe I've been blessed by RNGesus, but the sheer number of good items I've gotten so far begs to differ...

That said, I do need to fire up the sorc and farm another
Baal
/
Nihlathak
/Diablo GC to spend the insane number of
Perfect Gems
I'm getting from
Travincal
on.
Actually, I would like a tip about
Travincal
- what do you do you Trav barbs do to keep your Merc alive? Right now, I'm still going the budget route- I gave him a
Guardian Angel
Crown of Thieves
, and 3 OS
Tomb Reaver
(socketed with 3
Amn
runes for 21% life leech). He still seems to die sometimes, even with 33% life leech! Quite an achievement.

I was thinking about trading for an
Eth
3OS
Tomb Reaver
(could be expensive!) trading for an
Eth
Guardian Angel
and socketing it with a
Vex
rune (+5% max fire res), and giving him an Andy's Visage socketed with a
Ral
... but I donno... that's a lot to invest and I'm not sure it would work. What have you guys found effective?
OP

@klmklm27 Congrats, brother!

Zebot 70

Paladin Americas PC
tatarjj wrote: 2 years ago
Actually, I would like a tip about
Travincal
- what do you do you Trav barbs do to keep your Merc alive? Right now, I'm still going the budget route- I gave him a
Guardian Angel
Crown of Thieves
, and 3 OS
Tomb Reaver
(socketed with 3
Amn
runes for 21% life leech). He still seems to die sometimes, even with 33% life leech! Quite an achievement.

I was thinking about trading for an
Eth
3OS
Tomb Reaver
(could be expensive!) trading for an
Eth
Guardian Angel
and socketing it with a
Vex
rune (+5% max fire res), and giving him an Andy's Visage socketed with a
Ral
... but I donno... that's a lot to invest and I'm not sure it would work. What have you guys found effective?
I don’t use a merc. Dies too often, is of little value, and takes too much time to resurrect. I am not in it for the gold finding.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation