Hello everyone
I need some explanations 300 runs and only got 2
Um
runes (1
Lem
, 1
Lum
, all others being very low)
My MF is not very high so I don't expect much uniques but I thought MF doesn't affect runes drops
so I was expecting a bit more runes but in fact the council barely drop runes at all (approx. 1 in 8 runs)
Is it because I'm too slow (no Enigma so running all way long)?
BTW I don't understand people saying they do it in 30sec when 30sec is roughly the time I quit/create new game/loading/... I assume they dont count this extra time
Is it just I had no luck yet or am I doing something wrong ?
Description by klmklm27

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hello everyone
I need some explanations 300 runs and only got 2
Um
runes (1
Lem
, 1
Lum
My MF is not very high so I don't expect much uniques but I thought MF doesn't affect runes drops
so I was expecting a bit more runes but in fact the council barely drop runes at all (approx. 1 in 8 runs)
BTW I don't understand people saying they do it in 30sec when 30sec is roughly the time I quit/create new game/loading/... I assume they dont count this extra time

EU, CET/DST, playing early morning and evening
You're not doing anything wrong. Sometimes RNG just doesn't like you :)

You often see people online bragging about their incredible luck, while the average/below average drop runs don't get too many mentions. Don't compare yourself to the guy who gets a HR every 50 runs.
If you can afford a Grief, a Horker adds about 50% efficiency to a run. Otherwise, just keep grinding :)

All prices are negotiable.
All trades are Non-Ladder.
The only thing you're doing wrong is not doing enough runs.
Randomness can be really clumpy, I've had dry spells of over 400 runs at Trav. Just don't give up you'll find good stuff there.

Make sure not to underestimate the non-rune drops as well. I've sold charms and good uniques from Trav for
Vex
+.

Check out my trades
Feel free to make offers of runes, keys or Pgems
***** Not by PM *****
I suggest changing it up and farming a different area for a little bit. If trav is making your eyes bleed, go do a different area. If you can comfortably do trav you should more or less be able to do Chaos and
Baal
too. I played for months without getting anything over
Mal
before, and have also had crazy lucky weeks. Just farm the areas that are fun for you and let you sustainably play the game. Stuff will drop eventually.
klmklm27 wrote: 2 years ago
30 seconds was sort of possible in LOD. And even then maintaining that pace for a long time was very hard. You slipped up, you needed to pick up/stash/ID/throw away items, you shuffled around in your chair and adjusted stuff.
With D2R's loading times, 36-38 seconds per run is realistic with a hammerdin (for ~50-run sessions) if you switch to
Vigor
and spam-click run while the game is still loading. You can get just beyond the corner of the pyramid with SSD loadtimes. That's including item management. But after 50-ish runs you need a break to refocus.
Need to add some numbers, to lower the variance. The more you run them, the closer you get to your expected results.

Also, as others said, you see posts from people who hit the jackpot, not from those who don't.

Imagine if there was a forum for lottery players. Every week you'd get a post from the guy who won the jackpot, and maybe a few posts from people tired of not winning (but they wouldn't get much attention) so you'd think like 1 guy out of 5 wins the jackpot... But no, the millions who don't win just don't make posts about it.

That's kinda what happens here. Plenty of people run Trav and find nothing (or find 'average' things based on their runs), so they don't post about it. But the guy who finds
Jah
and
Ber
in 50 runs will definitely post about it.

He's the outlier. The average simply didn't post about it.
You aren't doing anything wrong, i did read the posts where people find
Jah
and
Ber
after 500 runs, but i must play a diffrent game. I must be at 4000 trav runs and best rune i dropped was a
Gul
. I have a 94 hammerdin and a 90 horker, playing solo in hardcore. I'm able to do 45 runs per hour with the hammerdin. Strangely, the HRs i dropped was never in
Travincal
Baal
Throne, chest behind
Mephisto
(
Vex
and
Ohm
), Chaos sancutary, and weirdly act 5 pits
OP
iamergo wrote: 2 years ago
switch to
Vigor
and spam-click run while the game is still loading. You can get just beyond the corner of the pyramid with SSD loadtimes.
need to improve this as I'm only able to move bit toward the pyramid, far from the corner :D

Thanks all for sharing your thoughts / experience

so in fact, reading all this, there's no way to say
Travincal
is better than any other place !? apart from the drop tables and statically speaking about thousands of players doing thouthands of runs
they're no way to say it will be better for me than any other place in the game (meaning WSK,
Chaos Sanctuary
and places like these)
considering it's (a bit) boring to do the same thing again and again it seems it's not worth it at the end ?

@klmklm27 That is correct.

I personally can't stand doing hundreds of Trav runs exclusively. Too repetitive. My route is Trav → Meph (with Durance lvl 3 council) →
Izual
(with all unique packs on the way, which are plentiful) → CS. Fairly quick and, considering the load times, efficient: you don't need to load
Kurast Docks
Travincal
takes that monotone sort of patience. I tend to do
Travincal
while listening to music or watching you tube in the backround. helps break up the blandness. However in my opinion Trav offers a wide variety of sustainability, if you save charms. Gems. and gamble. I have found some nice runes but never in any sort of quick manner, and like another person posted I have actually gotten more some times from the charms found. I wouldnt
Sacrifice
MF for run time though as with
Travincal
I don't see it paying off. Clear speed really does up your profit margin in this case. Good luck and don't give up!

Online mostly between the hours of 7pm to 12am EST ( US)
Having that "You got really lucky..." thread is a bit of a double edged sword. It can set the wrong expectations. It should be, "You got really REALLY unbelievable lucky after hours of eye bleeding grinding...brag".

Concur with the others that you aren't doing anything wrong. It is just how it goes sometimes.

I haven't gotten higher than an
Um
at Trav either, but snagged 2 Jahs from WSK. I also haven't gotten any really nice tradable loot from Trav either, even with a Horker. It just isn't my secret fishing spot I guess.

Trav is nice because it is a cluster of super uniques, and a lot more predictable than WSK in terms of immunities. It doesn't have a special boost to MF or rune drops beyond that though. Just a matter of pulling the lever and hoping the slot machine gives you a jackpot.

Also concur with taking a break and working a different area if the Trav grind is wearing you down. I got a
Gul
, couple Ists, and IK armor from The Pit, so Trav is far from the only good hunting spot. I also got a
Vex
on the way to Countess once, so there is that too. Never discount the ability for a plain White enemy to make your day.
@ OP saw your post in the forums/500-travincal-runs-and-counting-t830303-40.html thread; if you go through the previous ones there, you can see how different the luck for each player is (including mine haha!). I can only agree with what everyone here and there has said:

1. Running to the council from the waypoint shouldn't be that much slower (than
Teleport
i.e.) ,so the amount of runs you're doing /per hour should be on par with whatever is 'normal' for
Travincal

2. Change farm location for a bit if you get tired
3. Play some music or other content in the background :)
4. You're not doing anything wrong, rune drop is not affected by mf.
5. You most often see posts from people who get something nice (HR or unique, etc.), couldn't have said it better than @mishabg !
5. RNG works in mysterious ways :)

Keep grinding as far as you're enjoying the game!
I've done 600 runs since I started keeping track and the most I have found was a
Pul
rune.

I did find an almost perfect tals armor but that was just a random enemy drop and didn't even come from the counsel lol

Brewdiver#1418
OP
Brewdiver82 wrote: 2 years ago
I've done 600 runs since I started keeping track and the most I have found was a
Pul
rune.
I did find an almost perfect tals armor but that was just a random enemy drop and didn't even come from the counsel lol
almost the same
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=734150&p=2295861#p2295861

again thanks everyone for your feedback
so I'm not even unlucky it's just normal ...
I will continue and maybe post if I finally found something valuable

I also have a sorc for keys and and a smiter for ubers so I'm not stuck to trav
and I can also farm other places with my hammerdin ...

If you check drop calculator and see the number that is needed to drop 1 highrune, 600 runs are nothing ^^

Stay a while and listen
switch to
Vigor
and spam-click run while the game is still loading. You can get just beyond the corner of the pyramid with SSD loadtimes.
need to improve this as I'm only able to move bit toward the pyramid, far from the corner :D

Thanks all for sharing your thoughts / experience

so in fact, reading all this, there's no way to say
Travincal
is better than any other place !? apart from the drop tables and statically speaking about thousands of players doing thouthands of runs
they're no way to say it will be better for me than any other place in the game (meaning WSK,
Chaos Sanctuary
and places like these)
considering it's (a bit) boring to do the same thing again and again it seems it's not worth it at the end ?
In my opinion Trav is statistically your best bet for runes
Mal
+. Here is a pretty good explanation:

300 runs is still a pretty small sample size. There has been a time where I got 2
Jah
runes within 300 runs. I've had to do thousands of runs to get there though. I really like Trav because they also drop a lot of charms, gold and jewels. It obviously can get VERY repetitive. To keep my interest, I like to run different things in 30 minute intervals. Trav, Pindle, Level Lightning Sorc,
Baal
, etc. That's just my attention span. Persistence does pay off. I went weeks without much to show for and then all of a sudden a decent rune drop comes through. Keep at it and good luck.
OP
if you switch to
Vigor
indeed I was not clicking enough, almost get out of kurast :D
thanks for the tip! 20% more runs by running while loading

if you switch to
Vigor
indeed I was not clicking enough, almost get out of kurast :D
thanks for the tip!
image.png
You're welcome! Keep in mind that you also want to move your mouse almost constantly, because it seems that the game treats mouse movement inputs like it does with the clicking.
Hello everyone
I need some explanations
image.png
300 runs and only got 2
Um
runes (1
Lem
, 1
Lum
Nope, I average a
Lo
every 300 runs with a horker barb so equivalent to 500-600 on hdin.
You are better off doing Chaos on a Hdin,
my tip:

stop counting the runs like a chore and keep doing it till you get some results.

put on some music to lessen the boredom.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...