Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
7 replies   2923 views

Description

HI all, first post here. Will be as fast as I can. After playing D2R within crashes after crashes, and worst, any other software like: Fiferox, Opera, WhatsApp(Win), Chrome, etc etc that I used while playing D2R started getting crazy and crashing without stop. I found a solution that maybe help others as well. Since we all nowsdays use SSD, 16 GB+ Ram, we are used to disable Virtual Memory for the good sake of our SSD life and performance. But since D2R is a bad remake with old code, I turned turned ON virtual Memory on my old HD that I use as backup. All that D2R instant crashes went away, same for any programs that used at same time while playing. The game is 100% playable again now. Rarely got a crash, blizzard asked to send my blood to Cardassians, I refussed. "Live long and prosper"

I posted this same solution on blizz forums and got this after 1 hour: After one more hour: So I think the solution is real and works for some people at least. Try it and after 1-2 day answer me here. I am accepting runes in thanks for the trick :D

Desolator#1749
Description by PesadeloNuclear

Can be used to make Runewords:

HI all, first post here. Will be as fast as I can. After playing D2R within crashes after crashes, and worst, any other software like: Fiferox, Opera, WhatsApp(Win), Chrome, etc etc that I used while playing D2R started getting crazy and crashing without stop. I found a solution that maybe help others as well. Since we all nowsdays use SSD, 16 GB+ Ram, we are used to disable Virtual Memory for the good sake of our SSD life and performance. But since D2R is a bad remake with old code, I turned turned ON virtual Memory on my old HD that I use as backup. All that D2R instant crashes went away, same for any programs that used at same time while playing. The game is 100% playable again now. Rarely got a crash, blizzard asked to send my blood to Cardassians, I refussed. "Live long and prosper"

I posted this same solution on blizz forums and got this after 1 hour: After one more hour: So I think the solution is real and works for some people at least. Try it and after 1-2 day answer me here. I am accepting runes in thanks for the trick :D

Desolator#1749
I am also getting constant application crashes and according to event viewer it is due to D2R using HUGE amounts of Page file even when there is RAM available.
I currently have 16GB of ram with an 8GB page file.

rikus 139

Amazon Americas PC
PesadeloNuclear wrote: 2 years ago
But since D2R is a bad remake with old code, I turned turned ON virtual Memory on my old HD that
today i've been having lots of crashes, and terrible frame rates, i don't know what happened. I think its the writing to the drive, but there are no errors.

i couldn't find "virtual Memory" ? is that on the game or proporties of the drive?

also, tried lowering resolution scale, it helped with framerate, at 50 scale of resultion(almost see pixels?), but still crashed again. 6 total. annoying as f&k

goodluck, and may the RNG god be with you.

Ravoc 123

PC
Control Panel → System → Sidebar: Advanced system settings → Tab: Advanced → Field: Performance, Button: Settings... → Tab: Advanced → Field: Virtual Memory

(Dunno if that changed with Win11)

rikus 139

Amazon Americas PC
found it, but it was on, I'm on an old crappy Hdd.

around 20gig of paging

rikus 139

Amazon Americas PC
stupid weird, i thought it was my gpu, but i ran 3dmark, and GpuMemTest ...all passed and did great..
I guess re-install is in order...
although i've checked scan & repair, nothing discovered.

I've cleaned all the dust, it went smooth finally with all the settings maxed, but then it froze again.

just weird.

any recommendations for background monitoring while the game is running, that saves the data, while following the game, that can grab it when it crashes?

Schnorki 3139Moderator

PC
Play around with the actual in-game settings I guess.

It has never been the most stable of games and recent patches didn't exactly make that better, depending on the combination of your hardware, your drivers and your game settings.
Settings that work fine for some are insanely unstable for others and vice versa.

Might take a bit of experimenting and might not help at all in the end if it is indeed a hardware/driver issue but it has solved the problem for many. Or at least drastically reduced the frequency.

rikus 139

Amazon Americas PC
yes. before i cleaned the dust with air condenser, i played with all the settings like crazy, didn't matter, it still froze in the end.

the lowest settings had smoother fps, but still froze, so i thought its a GPU thing. but no. computer says no.

thanks for the suggestions.

for now it didn't froze, managed to get to the next WP..

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...