Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
28 replies   4218 views

What color of facets would you put inside?

Poll ended at 1 year ago

4x same color facet Death (13%)
4x same color facet level-up (13%)
2x Death + 2x level of the same color (27%)
2x2 checkerboard Death (13%)
2x2 checkerboard level (0%)
No votes
2x2 checkerboard level+Death (33%)
Total votes: 15
Total votes: 15

Description

A question for the community, that's as vain as they can possibly be, regarding Jeweller's
Monarch
of Deflecting.

I have orange and White lightning facets.

What would you choose, or what do you think would look the most pretty?

AA
AA

AB
BA

Death? Level-up? Two of each?

EDIT: I took out the "Rainbow!" answer from the poll because, while legitimate answer, it also says "I don't care" and is not a valid answer for what I need to get from the poll. My mistake.
Description by Queegon

Can be used to make Runewords:

A question for the community, that's as vain as they can possibly be, regarding Jeweller's
Monarch
of Deflecting.

I have orange and White lightning facets.

What would you choose, or what do you think would look the most pretty?

AA
AA

AB
BA

Death? Level-up? Two of each?

EDIT: I took out the "Rainbow!" answer from the poll because, while legitimate answer, it also says "I don't care" and is not a valid answer for what I need to get from the poll. My mistake.
Answeredby Queegon1 year agoGo to post
What a non-issue in the end.
I just had some person come to me to sell them the orange facets. Win-Win!
jmodb.png

If you get a PM offer, post it in the trade. Promote healthy competition instead of settling for less. ;)

Schnorki 3024Moderator

PC
I both love and hate how this actually made me think and feels like a perfectly valid concern. :D

That having been said, 4x White, obviously. And more likely than not, 2x Death, 2x lvl up.

Ravoc 122

PC
Quite the hypothetical question, but I'd put red and/or blue ones, to make it more medieval; all Death ofc
Queegon wrote: 1 year ago
Well crap. I voted Rainbow!
OP
How would you feel about this? Orange on gold and White on White. Or maybe color-swapped? So many possibilities.

And a small piece of experience I have from trading for facets - if you are looking for specific color, just offer on everything, buy every single one.
Take the color you want and pass the other facets along. Next to noone will be interested in swapping colors, even with a profit in a form of extra rune on top, let's say
Ist

"What does it matter? You *medical condition* *swearword*?"
"But I want to sell mine. Why would I want another?" (that's with extra on top)
"If you want another color, then it will be much more expensive than the *extra offered*."

are just a couple of many responses.

If you get a PM offer, post it in the trade. Promote healthy competition instead of settling for less. ;)

Necrarch 1490Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Nice, but would probably have made it with inverted colors (but take care in what order jewels get positioned). In heraldry the items put on a given background are pretty much always with a contrasting color, and
Monarch
definitely is fine with its aspect for that.

Finally, if you want to push the thing further, if you go 2 Death 2 Level-up, try to get 4 different jewels (Death + orange, Death + White, Level-up+orange, Level-up + White).

But well, that's "just" style points.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
OP
Necrarch wrote: 1 year ago
Finally, if you want to push the thing further, if you go 2 Death 2 Level-up, try to get 4 different jewels (Death + orange, Death + White, Level-up+orange, Level-up + White).
You can no longer tell which one is which after they are inside and noone will ever know, if it was level whites and orange deaths or one of each. Makes the trading a tiny bit easier :)

Will take the contrasting background into account. Hmm...

I also liked orange on gold and white on white, but the contrasting background merits some consideration. I think I prefer the former though because the contrasting scheme looks cluttered with the jewels taking up a lot of space in the foreground that the background contrast isn't quite as apparent.

I never would have thought of this myself. I would have only sought to avoid an AABC scenario (four jewels in three colors), but now I know I'd want to be even more selective.

PC | Softcore Non-Ladder | US Eastern Time (UTC-4)
Expansion Ladder Season 1 Level 99 (#115 Amazon, #584 Overall)

EPOCH FAIL
Damn the level‘s of the Spells do really stack 😳

Schnorki 3024Moderator

PC
Deiphos wrote: 1 year ago
They do not. That screenshot is (presumably) from maxroll which incorrectly shows stacking levels.
Multiple facets result in the odds stacking, not the levels. I.e. 200% chance to cast upon Death.

If the levels actually stacked, the original Death vs. lvl question wouldn't really apply as you'd then obviously always go for quad-Death solely for functional reasons.
OP
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
They do not. That screenshot is (presumably) from maxroll which incorrectly shows stacking levels.
Multiple facets result in the odds stacking, not the levels. I.e. 200% chance to cast upon Death.

If the levels actually stacked, the original Death vs. lvl question wouldn't really apply as you'd then obviously always go for quad-Death solely for functional reasons.
...what he said. ;)

There wouldn't be a poll, if that was a thing. I was joking with Deiphos through PMs that it would be pretty funny to do PvP with lv188
Chain Lightning
upon Death. :P Heads, I win. Tails, you lose.

funny in HC PVP
Too many yellow from
Monarch
and the cover of jewels.
I would pick other colour.

Relax and have fun!
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago

...what he said. ;)

There wouldn't be a poll, if that was a thing. I was joking with Deiphos through PMs that it would be pretty funny to do PvP with lv188
Chain Lightning
upon Death. :P Heads, I win. Tails, you lose.
… yepp and after I thought we agreed they DON‘T stack I see that picture and am completely confused 😁
SC or HC? This is important for choosing between death and level up.
And speaking of colour, I'd choose one matching the Facet's element (light -
Topaz
, cold -
Sapphire
, poison -
Emerald
, fire -
Ruby
)

Necrarch 1490Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
For the prettiness of it, and about contrasting colors, red will indeed go very well on the White background, while blue would look great on the gold-ish background.

Would perhaps go blue red after all :)

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
How would you feel about this?
jmod.png
Orange on gold and White on White. Or maybe color-swapped? So many possibilities.

And a small piece of experience I have from trading for facets - if you are looking for specific color, just offer on everything, buy every single one.
Take the color you want and pass the other facets along. Next to noone will be interested in swapping colors, even with a profit in a form of extra rune on top, let's say
Ist

"What does it matter? You *medical condition* *swearword*?"
"But I want to sell mine. Why would I want another?" (that's with extra on top)
"If you want another color, then it will be much more expensive than the *extra offered*."

are just a couple of many responses.
For no reason peach or White jewels if its 15/40s would make the jmod loose 1-2k fg in value, whilst clean red green or blue would raise it’s value by 2k ^^

Peach are the least wanted, no idea when it comes to facets on jmods but for cold sorc on 100 20/20 red is the way to go also, atleast in the PvP community

PM if I win
OP
@naitsirk
I appreciate the input but this particular JMoD is not appearing anywhere near the Voldemort site, so I don't care about losing these here FGs.

Thanks for the "cold sorc wants red" information. This is, however, also the first time I see a mention of cold sorc running with a faceted JMoD, so I'll take that with a grain of salt. But who knows, PvP is weird. :D

@naitsirk
I appreciate the input but this particular JMoD is not appearing anywhere near the Voldemort site, so I don't care about losing these here FGs.

Thanks for the "cold sorc wants red" information. This is, however, also the first time I see a mention of cold sorc running with a faceted JMoD, so I'll take that with a grain of salt. But who knows, PvP is weird. :D
Max block and 4sox, easy 20cs dmg and you also use a jewelers armor with 100life and another 4 facets ^^ this is for a max vita build wich is popular, some uses Spirit but jmod is better then skills, doesnt have to be jsp though but if you wan't to re sell theese for what they actually go for choose popular jewel colors ^^, you can also do that in HRs as the same price they would go for on jsp in dueling discords or in
Chaos Sanctuary

PM if I win
OP
All right, chumps, let's do this.

The poll's results are...inconclusive. 8 vs 7 in favor of one color, both cases won with Death+level combined.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...