Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
31 replies   3326 views

Description

So my Paladin Zealer is Lv. 72(25%) geared Sorc is Lv. 87(65%) geared

I dont know if Grief would be a bigger game changer for the Zealer jumping to my main instead or keeping Sorc main with a Fort Merc

Can be used to make Runewords:

I dont know if Grief would be a bigger game changer for the Zealer jumping to my main instead or keeping Sorc main with a Fort Merc

Schnorki 3150Moderator

PC
Grief for your zealot is a massive upgrade from..well, frankly, from anything else he might be using right now.

Fort for your sorc's merc would be nice. Fort would also be nice on the zealot. But in terms of a single jump, neither typically really compares to the Grief.

That moving your zealot to main over your sorc though..is more of a general matter of preference and priorities and whatnot. Grief, as awesome as it is, won't suddenly make your zealot better than your sorc for the stuff that a sorc is just naturally better at (nothing will). It just makes him worlds better at the stuff that he does.

Either way, if you actually have zealot that you play as a zealot, I'd go Grief any day.
I made the mistake to make a Fortitude with my selffound
Lo
many years ago.
Killspeed did not increase that much. This Ladder I found a
Lo
and build a Grief. My killspeed is insane!

Take this potion of LUCK

You play in a different language and want to trade an item with the name "Brennender Riesenzauber der Verstümmelung"?
Use the Baaltor tool to translate it into "Burning Grand Charm of Maiming"

Tetra 180

Paladin Europe PC
Grief, always.
Grief is the better use of
Lo
. Durress is an excellent rune word until you can afford Fort.

Nate 532

Switch
I made a post on this exact topic a few weeks ago: forums/finally-found-2-ohms-so-fort-or- ... 86814.html

In the end I went with Grief, and I don’t regret it!
I've begun to use Grief instead of this.Grief 's killing speed is insane.

Stand and fight
Live by your heart
Always one more try
I'm not afraid to die
Stand and fight
Say what you feel
Born with a heart of Steel
Grief is really underwhelming at first glance until you take a swing with it.
Grief's full dmg is NOT shown on the LCS (lying character sheet).

Treachery is usually good enough for merc.

Houston, TX Central Time. join D2R Dclone Hunters Discord https://discord.com/invite/5DgUvcAYbR
Khessed wrote: 1 year ago

Grief, Grief, Grief. All day everyday. My PB Grief turned my zealer into a killing machine when I could make it. Best part is, it doesn't even have to be a perfect or even near perfect to notice a difference. Grief makes melee easy mode in D2R.
Grief, Always Grief
It´s like in every RTS: get the damage upgrades before you get the defense upgrades.
Can anybody explain me why Grief is better than Death (in ethtreal base) ?
I wanted to give my barbarian Beast in one hand to reach max attack frame, and in the other hand take Death in ethereal base for crit and crash. I was told not to do that and take 2 Grief, but they didn't explain why. Explain, please, who knows why I was told so.

Only NON ladder trade

I have some interesting rings and charmes. Please, look at my ring stash (click on this word)
iirc the flat damage of Grief (300-400) gets multiplied by all of your enhanced damage thus giving much more damage, than every other damage item, that has enhanced damage, but less flat damage.

So if you find a Base, that gives more basedamage than what Grief would give you (340-400), yeah a Beast would be more damage on hit. But then you would need a big
Axe
or sth for taht kind of base damage, so your attackspeed would be very low, while Grief is often built in a phaseblade (fast attackspeed) and gives ias on top.
SO in conclusion i highly doubt you can find a item base, that gets close to griefs base damage and even if you do, it couldn´t compare to griefs attackspeed.
Tess wrote: 1 year ago
Can anybody explain me why Grief is better than Death (in ethtreal base) ?
I wanted to give my barbarian Beast in one hand to reach max attack frame, and in the other hand take Death in ethereal base for crit and crash. I was told not to do that and take 2 Grief, but they didn't explain why. Explain, please, who knows why I was told so.
I got these and used before for
Frenzy
,I got also Oath,tried every possibility,in the end Grief kills like slicing the butter :)

Stand and fight
Live by your heart
Always one more try
I'm not afraid to die
Stand and fight
Say what you feel
Frenzy
,I got also Oath,tried every possibility,in the end Grief kills like slicing the butter :)
Death.jpgfury.jpg
I'm a little confused as to why this is happening.
Initially, it seems that the greater % of crit and crash, the higher the total damage.
But if you say that in fact this is not the case, then it is not clear which parameter in the Grief allows you to deal more damage.

Could you run a couple of tests? For example, how many seconds does it take you to kill Diablo with 2 Grief 's and with Death + Fury
Also if u have Beast, it would be interesting to compare these results with the combination Death + Beast

Only NON ladder trade

I have some interesting rings and charmes. Please, look at my ring stash (click on this word)
I didn't count the time but for general usage,Grief has much more effective killing capacity.

Stand and fight
Live by your heart
Always one more try
I'm not afraid to die
Stand and fight
Say what you feel
MrLamaSc got your back about the damage of Grief:

Schnorki 3150Moderator

PC
Tess wrote: 1 year ago
Frenzy
Death.jpgfury.jpg
I'm a little confused as to why this is happening.
Initially, it seems that the greater % of crit and crash, the higher the total damage.
But if you say that in fact this is not the case, then it is not clear which parameter in the Grief allows you to deal more damage.

Could you run a couple of tests? For example, how many seconds does it take you to kill Diablo with 2 Grief 's and with Death + Fury
Also if u have Beast, it would be interesting to compare these results with the combination Death + Beast
Grief top-end isn't that hard to compete with as you can see on your Death CB for example. What makes Grief so ridiculously good is the average damage. Your Death CB has a 1h range of 170 to 447. A Grief PB has an effective range of up to 431 to 435 because the +400 dmg essentially acts as both +min and +max. As a result, while you can meet or exceed the top-end with a lot of weapons, nothing else comes close to the average because all of the other options are typically massively below Grief in terms of minimum damage.

For crit, yes, the more you have, the better. Up to 100% obviously. However, Grief already comes with 20% DS itself. If you add in things like mastery, highlords and whatever else you may be using for crit already, extra crit on a diff weapon typically ends up making nowhere near enough of a difference anymore to make up for the loss in average dmg that you get with Grief.

Crushing (which you can also already get elsewhere) makes comparatively little damage on normal mobs because it is based on their current life which isn't all that high. Grief blows them up in 1-2 hits anyways. On things like ubers, crushing is massive and beats the hell out of the Grief dmg bonus while they still have a lot of life. However, the lower you drop those, the less damage crushing still does which is why the last like 10% tend to take significantly longer than the first 90. In that stage, Grief once again makes a massive difference to the point where overall, even on ubers, Grief tends to outperform Death (mainly since you can already get solid amounts of crushing without touching the weapon).

That's all not yet considering that a Grief PB comes with glorious base speed or that the other stats of Grief are actually also quite good. Those points are true but they can also apply to other weapons, they're not what makes it stand out so massively.
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
Thanks for your comprehensive answer. Now I have an understanding of what is happening.

Only NON ladder trade

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...