Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
21 replies   4332 views
2

Description

I have a spare
Jah
after doing a bunch of trav runs. My zerker is fun, but a
Frenzy
respec is calling me.

I’ve done the Grief Lawbringer combo before and it’s fun, it has anyone done a Grief Fury combo? The +5
Frenzy
is tempting...
5

Can be used to make Runewords:

7
User avatar

Nate 553

Switch
I have a spare
Jah
after doing a bunch of trav runs. My zerker is fun, but a
Frenzy
respec is calling me.

I’ve done the Grief Lawbringer combo before and it’s fun, it has anyone done a Grief Fury combo? The +5
Frenzy
is tempting...
7
For
Frenzy
, I'd recommend either dual Grief, or if you want to use that
Jah
for a new weapon, it would go better towards a Last Wish IMO

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.
7
Last Wish is insanely expensive
Death is cheap by comparison and has 50% CB
7
Grief + Death, perfect combo, Death compensates Grief lack of CB, and Grief compensates Death lack of ias
then Death is very cheap, can exploit
Eth
base, has very high damage and deadly strike chance too, it is a fantastic weapon, too often overlooked in my opinion

Sweet Lovely Death
Just waiting for your breath
Come sweet Death
One Last Caress
7
krathkor wrote: 1 year ago
Last Wish is insanely expensive
Death is cheap by comparison and has 50% CB
Problem with Death is it has "25% Chance To Cast Level 18
Glacial Spike
On Attack" which is a big no-no for horking..

Last Wish is insanely expensive, but we're 9+ months into the game, and I'm thinking about crafting a 2nd one (might try dual wield A5 merc, or give 2nd one to Zealot/Smiter), so one shouldn't be too out of reach for people at this point. Maybe another couple months of grinding for OP, if they're dedicated enough. Took me like 2 months to go from 95 to 96, and I almost found enough to make my 2nd Last Wish during that time, all playing P1 (online).

The thing I love most about Last Wish is the added survivability. Once that level 18 Lifetap kicks in, I become invincible. Huge radius and insanely fast healing for both me and merc. Doesn't matter what affixes the Council spawns with.
Fade
, Might aura, CB and MF are nice cherries on top.

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.
7
OP
User avatar

Nate 553

Switch
Yea who wouldn’t want a Last Wish? Maybe I’ll get there one day, but first I gotta make an Infinity. But before that I wanna have some fun with the runes I got.

Anyone tried out the Fury rune word?
7
Nate wrote: 1 year ago
Yea who wouldn’t want a Last Wish? Maybe I’ll get there one day, but first I gotta make an Infinity. But before that I wanna have some fun with the runes I got.

Anyone tried out the Fury rune word?
Sure yea, Infinity is great for many classes. I've made 2 of them (one for Sorc, one for Zealot/Smiter). Wouldn't recommend for Barb, though (if that's what you were planning).
Arioc's Needle
or Insight are better options, IMO. Loving my near-perfect Insight in
Eth
Thresher
. No mana problems, merc slaps and little MF boost for him. Only took about 10 rerolls to get 17/259/246/4, which I'm very happy with.

And I've tried Fury + Grief combo using hero editor single player to test, but it was disappointing compared to dual Grief. Would not say it's worth spending a
Jah
on.

Does your barb have Enigma? That might be worth using
Jah
for, if he doesn't have it yet. Being able to
Teleport
out of bad situations is crucial for both you and your merc.
Leap
is (still) way too slow, and can't go thru walls.

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.
7
Zero187 wrote: 1 year ago
krathkor wrote: 1 year ago
Last Wish is insanely expensive
Death is cheap by comparison and has 50% CB
Problem with Death is it has "25% Chance To Cast Level 18
Glacial Spike
On Attack" which is a big no-no for horking..

Last Wish is insanely expensive, but we're 9+ months into the game, and I'm thinking about crafting a 2nd one (might try dual wield A5 merc, or give 2nd one to Zealot/Smiter), so one shouldn't be too out of reach for people at this point. Maybe another couple months of grinding for OP, if they're dedicated enough. Took me like 2 months to go from 95 to 96, and I almost found enough to make my 2nd Last Wish during that time, all playing P1 (online).

The thing I love most about Last Wish is the added survivability. Once that level 18 Lifetap kicks in, I become invincible. Huge radius and insanely fast healing for both me and merc. Doesn't matter what affixes the Council spawns with.
Fade
, Might aura, CB and MF are nice cherries on top.
How much do you play?! I am also P1 online (or P2 with a friend, hence being online rather than sticking to SP) and have been playing it pretty much every day since launch; I am not even remotely close to a Last Wish. I have found 1
Vex
, 2
Ohm
(cubed to
Lo
for Grief) and I think 4
Mal
, that is the grand total of
the high (ish) runes I have found. I can only manage 1-2 hours a day, mostly use that to run CS because I find Trav a bit too monotonous, so on current progress I estimate that I will have Last Wish in about 18 years. :)

Currently still running Lawbringer as the offhand on my
Frenzy
barb, it's a lot of fun, but haven't tried Fury or Death.

Image
PC | PSN | Switch | Europe | UTC + 0
All trades are PC, PSN or Switch!
All trades will be conducted with a cup of tea.
Offering a free cross platform trading service!
7
Lord-Jonty wrote: 1 year ago

How much do you play?! I am also P1 online (or P2 with a friend, hence being online rather than sticking to SP) and have been playing it pretty much every day since launch; I am not even remotely close to a Last Wish. I have found 1
Vex
, 2
Ohm
(cubed to
Lo
for Grief) and I think 4
Mal
, that is the grand total of
the high (ish) runes I have found. I can only manage 1-2 hours a day, mostly use that to run CS because I find Trav a bit too monotonous, so on current progress I estimate that I will have Last Wish in about 18 years. :)

Currently still running Lawbringer as the offhand on my
Frenzy
barb, it's a lot of fun, but haven't tried Fury or Death.
Ouch.. Yea that'll take you a while with lack of time and luck. Got most of my HRs doing
Baal
runs, horking in WSK. I usually get in around 4-5 hours per night.

So far I've found 7 Jahs, 4 Bers, 2 Zods, 4 Surs, 5 Los, and made a nice profit selling items.

My girlfriend keeps asking when we're going to play a new game (she just hit 92 on her Sorc). Little does she know I could play this for years xD

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.
7
Back to the original question.
I tried Fury back in the days when Grief wasn t there yet, but i never ever crafted another one so, as far as i can remember, it seems it wasn t so great for a
Frenzy
barb. Then if you re swimming in jahs try it and tell us your opinion.

Sweet Lovely Death
Just waiting for your breath
Come sweet Death
One Last Caress
7
OP
User avatar

Nate 553

Switch
Thx all!

Good advice all around. I think I’ll hold out on the Fury. Maybe if I get the right runes I’ll go with a Death or another Grief. I do have an Enigma, so if I respec the barb it’ll get it.

The Infinity I mentioned as one of my next priorities will be for my sorc and javazon, but that’s still a while off.

Sounds like I’m right between you guys, involvement/time wise. I can usually average a couple hours a day, so far I’ve rolled a Grief, cta, Enigma, Exile, and a Flickering Flame. A Death would be cool, something new to try and it would be good for my smiter too.
7
I use Death on all my melee chars, in
Eth
Champion Axe
for Fury druid, in
Eth
Berserker Axe
coupled with ebotd for
Axe
Frenzy
barb, in
Eth
Colossus Blade
coupled with Grief in
Phase Blade
for sword
Frenzy
barb and again in
Eth
Berserker Axe
for zealer/smiter and i warmly suggest you to try it. But if you have a pure smiter you might want to give him a Grief, since from Death you ll only get the 50% CB bonus, all other useful bonuses (% enhanced damage, deadly strike, mana leech etc.) from Death don t apply to
Smite
. Grief on the other hand adds you the +damage to
Smite
total damage, so it might be better to get that over the CB if you already equip some decent sources of CB (like guillaume,
Goblin Toe
, gloves etc).

Sweet Lovely Death
Just waiting for your breath
Come sweet Death
One Last Caress
7
OP
User avatar

Nate 553

Switch
Wow, so I was just playing around, not doing anything specific and a
Gul
dropped! I have 2 others in my stash so yea looks like the game wants me to make a Death!

For bases I have a
Phase Blade
or an
Eth
Colossus Sword
.
I could go with the
Colossus Sword
for the damage, but it’d be a bit slower and I couldn’t really use the
Blood Golem
charges, alternatively I could do the
Phase Blade
for decent speed, way less damage though, but I’d get those
Blood Golem
charges (and that thing is a tank now)

Recommendations?
7
Nate wrote: 1 year ago
Wow, so I was just playing around, not doing anything specific and a
Gul
dropped! I have 2 others in my stash so yea looks like the game wants me to make a Death!

For bases I have a
Phase Blade
or an
Eth
Colossus Sword
.
I could go with the
Colossus Sword
for the damage, but it’d be a bit slower and I couldn’t really use the
Blood Golem
charges, alternatively I could do the
Phase Blade
for decent speed, way less damage though, but I’d get those
Blood Golem
charges (and that thing is a tank now)

Recommendations?
don t go for the
Phase Blade
, it woud be a total waste since pb has a ridiculous base damage and is already indestructible. With
Frenzy
and some ias equip, you can get to max speed with Grief
Phase Blade
in main hand and Death in
Colossus Sword
as offhand. Check with some online calculator the exact amount, but shouldn t be too high, i think with 20% ias from highlords and maybe an additional 20% ias from gloves you should be good

Sweet Lovely Death
Just waiting for your breath
Come sweet Death
One Last Caress
7
OP
User avatar

Nate 553

Switch
Pheeeew, 382 enhanced damage, that’s a pretty good roll. Now I’m super excited for the respec and smashy-smashy.

Maybe I can get my
Frenzy
barb to clean trav on players 5 faster than my zerker build
7
well, trav multiplayer is really not where it shines since the crushing blow wouldn t matter that much there. Try it with hell
Baal
, or big bosses like dclone (walk in 3 minutes) or ubers. There you can really feel the difference

Sweet Lovely Death
Just waiting for your breath
Come sweet Death
One Last Caress
7
User avatar

Schnorki 3339Moderator

PC
Steccothal wrote: 1 year ago
... (walk in 3 minutes) ...
The walk is still an hour away.

___
If you want to add me on b.net, please message me here first. Random unexpected invites will be declined.
7
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
Steccothal wrote: 1 year ago
... (walk in 3 minutes) ...
The walk is still an hour away.
ah so that s why the guy s playing around with those lems and kos

Sweet Lovely Death
Just waiting for your breath
Come sweet Death
One Last Caress
7
Nate wrote: 1 year ago
Pheeeew, 382 enhanced damage, that’s a pretty good roll. Now I’m super excited for the respec and smashy-smashy.

Maybe I can get my
Frenzy
barb to clean trav on players 5 faster than my zerker build
Why would you use a cold damage weapon for Trav on a Barb though? Do you not use
Find Item
? If you want to maximize drop chance for
Find Item
, gotta stay far away from cold damage (and I can't imagine anyone having a Trav Barb without
Find Item
).

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.
9

Advertisment

Hide ads
999

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches
diablo2.io is supported by ads
 

 

 

 

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation