Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
9 replies   5394 views

Description

Just wondering if you could rush a character to hell hellforge (lvl 40 min to get ancient quest in NM) what would be the fastest non glitch rusher that can be used if playing solo multiboxing?

What would be the best build/gear for lvling from 1-40?

Like I can rush lvl 1 characters but I have to spend the time to lvl them up to 40 to get them to hell. And using a high lvl character to help just doesn't really work for leveling. I saw the rushing guide and it lists the areas to be ideally per level but just wondering if there is an ideal build/gear to reach lvl 40 the fastest.

Currently
Baal
run games are very few and far in between. I guess I can
Teleport
to the throne room and then switch to the low level chars to clear it, it's just kind of annoying as they are low level and can get wrecked by the minions.

Would it be a Hammerdin/blizzsorc or something else that can kill fast in a high player count game?
Description by Anonemous

Can be used to make Runewords:

Just wondering if you could rush a character to hell hellforge (lvl 40 min to get ancient quest in NM) what would be the fastest non glitch rusher that can be used if playing solo multiboxing?

What would be the best build/gear for lvling from 1-40?

Like I can rush lvl 1 characters but I have to spend the time to lvl them up to 40 to get them to hell. And using a high lvl character to help just doesn't really work for leveling. I saw the rushing guide and it lists the areas to be ideally per level but just wondering if there is an ideal build/gear to reach lvl 40 the fastest.

Currently
Baal
run games are very few and far in between. I guess I can
Teleport
to the throne room and then switch to the low level chars to clear it, it's just kind of annoying as they are low level and can get wrecked by the minions.

Would it be a Hammerdin/blizzsorc or something else that can kill fast in a high player count game?

Schnorki 3531Moderator

PC
I'd nominate an orb sorc.

a) Because nothing beats a sorc in movement speed
and b) If you're talking about power-lvling to 40 without glitching to hell first, you're looking at a bunch of mobs with little to no life that tend to be spread out a bit (trist/tombs/...), meaning you don't need anything with massive dmg (blizz/hammer) but just something with solid dmg that hits (and generally still easily oneshots) as many not neatly stacked mobs as possible in the shortest amount of time.
Frozen Orb
works wonders for that.

Plus you can easily rush the entire way from norm through hell on an orb sorc so no worries about what to do once you make it to 40 and need to rush the rest.

___
If you want to add me on b.net, please message me here first. Random unexpected invites will typically be declined.
OP
Trick is to get the orb sorc to lvl 30+...

So for an orb sorc, would you probably go
Fireball
route/respec or would you go Ice? (eqiup a sigon's set or a Leaf staff/Stealth/Rhyme-> Spirit/
Tarnhelm
/Spirit shroud-> vipermagi/
Visceratuant
?

Schnorki 3531Moderator

PC
Ohhh, you meant lvl the character with only itself? Ok, I misunderstood you then.

I thought you were talking about solo multiboxing in the sense that you have one high lvl (the orb sorc) rushing and powerlvling the lowbies you fill your game with. Then yeah, def not an orb sorc. :D At that point you're likely much better off with something more physical and some solid twink equipment to stay ahead of the mob curve. Pally, Zon, ... really most of them should work decently well at that point.

___
If you want to add me on b.net, please message me here first. Random unexpected invites will typically be declined.
OP
Schnorki wrote: 2 years ago
Ohhh, you meant lvl the character with only itself? Ok, I misunderstood you then.

I thought you were talking about solo multiboxing in the sense that you have one high lvl (the orb sorc) rushing and powerlvling the lowbies you fill your game with. Then yeah, def not an orb sorc. :D At that point you're likely much better off with something more physical and some solid twink equipment to stay ahead of the mob curve. Pally, Zon, ... really most of them should work decently well at that point.
does that work? I thought the high lvl one just eats all the xp.

Schnorki 3531Moderator

PC
Nah, works just fine. The killing speed and whatnot more than make up for it. Still the fastest solution imo.

The only annoying thing about it is that you have to "go slow" and can't just tele around as you normally would on the high-lvl because your lowbies will be too slow to follow that and end up out of XP range :)

___
OP
huh I gotta do more testing. I guess I could run
Baal
runs and have them sit there while I blast away
Baal

Schnorki 3531Moderator

PC
Anonemous wrote: 2 years ago
huh I gotta do more testing. I guess I could run
Baal
runs and have them sit there while I blast away
Baal
Not without glitching really. If you glitch to hell, then yeah, you can just go for CS/
Baal
there but then you're already in hell anyways so you don't need the 20/40. :)
If you do it on normal, just follow normal leveling areas and rush them through there. So Trist to Tombs to a cow run to Ancients to Baals to NM Ancients and you're done.

___

wakE 12

Sorceress Europe PC
Hope I’m not breaking any rules there is a Sorce Starting Build explained here -

My BattleTag - wakE#21715
My Discord - wakE#1994
I believe the easiest way would be to build a classic sorceress.

Spectral Shard

3OS Shield with 3 Perfect Diamonds
Magefist

Rare items for the rest
If you want to reach the 75 FCR breakpoint, you'll need 1 10% FCR ring/ammy.
If you want to reach the 117 FCR Breakpoint, you'll need 2 FCR rings and
Wall of the Eyeless
instead of a PDiamond Shield. You will lose 57 all res though, so that'd really ruin your resistances.

Stat Points:
Strength: Only Enough to equip your gear
Dexterity: None, unless you'd like max block, but max block won't be good with Normal quality uniques/shields.
Vitality: Rest goes here
Energy: In classic because of the lack of runewords like Insight, and Exceptional/Elite uniques you will want to invest points in energy especially if you want to use
Energy Shield

Most people suggest using dual SOJ's to boost your energy, but if you think those are rare in expansion, imagine how many there are in circulation in classic. Not worth it for a rusher.

If you build and level a classic sorceress, you can rush any character besides druid/assassin to Act 4 Hell, and then convert them to an expansion character. Once they are an expansion character, you can complete
The Hellforge
quest at level 1 with help.

If you plan on rushing dozens of hellforge quests, this would be the most efficient in my opinion. It will take a significant amount of time to level up this classic Sorceress though with the sheer lack of lobbies. I've been able to find about 4 open classic Normal lobbies ever. Never seen any Nightmare lobbies.

If you offer what I am asking, add me on battle.net for a quicker trade. I'll see the notification instantly if I'm available.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...