Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
2 replies   1924 views

Description

I have been searching for a good build for target farming tz andy and came across maxroll's
Dragon Tail
dual Mosaic build. According to the maxroll calculator, the time to kill on p7 is less than 2 seconds, stacking 400+ magic find.

So I spent a few days on singleplayer leveling, building, etc. I do a few runs, and the damage on individual hits is great, but the kill time is something like 5-10 seconds and very variable between runs, and my merc was finishing her off most of the time.

I cross referenced and tested the attack speed calculation, and as I've come to expect from maxroll, their calculation is wrong. But that is just 1 frame difference. I also confimed I'm not getting locked into blocking or hit recovery.

So I tried just playing some normal areas, killing a few monsters, and I discover that my character is getting physically stuck in place when kicking. Messing around with it for a while, I discovered that I can't
Teleport
while stuck (instead I do what looks like a normal attack). I can sometimes move, sometimes not. When I can't move, the entire screen shakes.

I searched for some information, and this is a reported bug: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d2r/t ... sue/153707

But I see several youtube videos on this build, and there is no report of this bug in the build guides. That suggests that either there is something specific to my build (or maybe somewhere else in my settings/software/hardware) that is causing a problem, or there is some kind of workaround.

Anyone familiar with this that is able to help? Or any suggestions on what to test on my end? Thanks!

Can be used to make Runewords:

I have been searching for a good build for target farming tz andy and came across maxroll's
Dragon Tail
dual Mosaic build. According to the maxroll calculator, the time to kill on p7 is less than 2 seconds, stacking 400+ magic find.

So I spent a few days on singleplayer leveling, building, etc. I do a few runs, and the damage on individual hits is great, but the kill time is something like 5-10 seconds and very variable between runs, and my merc was finishing her off most of the time.

I cross referenced and tested the attack speed calculation, and as I've come to expect from maxroll, their calculation is wrong. But that is just 1 frame difference. I also confimed I'm not getting locked into blocking or hit recovery.

So I tried just playing some normal areas, killing a few monsters, and I discover that my character is getting physically stuck in place when kicking. Messing around with it for a while, I discovered that I can't
Teleport
while stuck (instead I do what looks like a normal attack). I can sometimes move, sometimes not. When I can't move, the entire screen shakes.

I searched for some information, and this is a reported bug: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d2r/t ... sue/153707

But I see several youtube videos on this build, and there is no report of this bug in the build guides. That suggests that either there is something specific to my build (or maybe somewhere else in my settings/software/hardware) that is causing a problem, or there is some kind of workaround.

Anyone familiar with this that is able to help? Or any suggestions on what to test on my end? Thanks!
So what happens is if you hold down the button you have mapped to d tail, very quickly the game will de-synch. I discovered this my first uber attempt last ladder. I would just be holding down d tail and eventually the game would mess up it would look like I wasn't attacking, and I would take damage from enemies I couldn't see.

The only build I play rn is my Dual Mosaic D Tail Sin and I found out about the bug months ago. What is crazy is that it was reported to Blizz on their forums in the bug section like over a year ago. When they made all the changes to MA for the 2nd ladder this bug popped up. Blizzard hasn't done a fucking thing about it either.

But don't fret, it is still super easy to play this build. I only have ran d tail sins since ladder 2, and still am.

D Tail is so powerful, I stay around 160k damage with 3 charges, that you really do not need to constantly attack. As long as you just tap d tail, do like a 1 and 2 and 3 and 4 and (where you would attack on 1 then let up on and), they game will not freak out. And even without a sunder charm most things die in one hit, even immunes.

Obviously this will not work for D clone/Ubers, but seeing as you had to put one point in
Dragon Talon
to get to D tail on the tree, you already have the skill needed to take down those guys. So use
Dragon Talon
for enemies with tons of health/or if they have physical+fire immunities.

This last bit is very important, if the game starts to mess up from holding d tail to long immediately attack where you are standing with
Dragon Talon
. This seems to makes things come back to normal.
Dragon Flight
doesn't seem to correct it the same, but I love it for tele stomping.

If you have any questions about my D Tail sin feel free to ask. I strength dumped and barely have 2000 life with BO. I still do ubers all the time, and last night I just hopped straight into center of Uber Tristam and took on all 3 at once and my non faded, I use bos, 1980life'd MA sin killed all 3 of them in under 30 seconds without coming close to dying.
marl71 wrote: 10 months ago
Dragon Tail

Teleport

Feel free to ask me anything regarding my D Tail transgression. I threw all my might into BO, and now I barely have 2000 life. I still often take Ubers, and just last night I leapt right into the heart of Uber Tristam and took on all three of them at once, using bos, 1980life'd MA sin, and killing all three of them in under 30 seconds.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...