Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
21 replies   10359 views

Description

Hi guys,

just like the title reads, is it possible to get high runes just by playing on level 1?

I'm playing online on PS4 and because of the lack of people and the absence of a room creating system, I find myself playing alone basically and I know high runes have a better chance to drop when more people are playing in the same game.

By the way, If any PS player is reading, please add me, it would be nice to have some run with other people and not just myself :)

PSN: Cla_Disney

Thanks and have a nice day!
Description by BillyMaysed

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hi guys,

just like the title reads, is it possible to get high runes just by playing on level 1?

I'm playing online on PS4 and because of the lack of people and the absence of a room creating system, I find myself playing alone basically and I know high runes have a better chance to drop when more people are playing in the same game.

By the way, If any PS player is reading, please add me, it would be nice to have some run with other people and not just myself :)

PSN: Cla_Disney

Thanks and have a nice day!
Answeredby Noemard2 years agoGo to post
cla_disney wrote: 2 years ago
Assume you mean players 1, in which case yes.

Having more players will increase the chance to drop. ie chance that killing a monster will drop something, it doesn't directly increase the chance any specific item drops over other items. Even if you are in a game with other players, you'll only get a boost in this chance if you have 3, 5, or 7 players total in the game. Due to how the game handles numbers, even number of players don't give any benefit (by extension having 2 players in the game is worse than 1 because it just makes everything harder without any benefit to drop chances)

Either way, depending on the high rune, and who you are killing, the difference can be anywhere from a ~10% to ~35% improved odds one will drop.

Rune hunting is more of a numbers game. The more you kill the more shots on goal you have find one. MF doesn't matter at all, so if all you care about is finding runes, equip the best gear you have for damage/survivability.

Target as many champion/unique/superunique monsters as you can. Target large packs of mobs (ie. dense areas where you can kill more mobs as quickly as possible). The more you kill the more chance you have to find runes. Open super chests (this is why lower kurast runs are popular, you can get to multiple super chests in about a minute, or less in SP).
Yes, I mostly play alone and found a
Lo
Gul
, and
Vex
yes: i consider myself as an unlucky player in general, but my highest rune was a
Gul

so yes, it is possible, you just need to checke the godamn floor ! i almost didn't see it last time.
Assume you mean players 1, in which case yes.

Having more players will increase the chance to drop. ie chance that killing a monster will drop something, it doesn't directly increase the chance any specific item drops over other items. Even if you are in a game with other players, you'll only get a boost in this chance if you have 3, 5, or 7 players total in the game. Due to how the game handles numbers, even number of players don't give any benefit (by extension having 2 players in the game is worse than 1 because it just makes everything harder without any benefit to drop chances)

Either way, depending on the high rune, and who you are killing, the difference can be anywhere from a ~10% to ~35% improved odds one will drop.

Rune hunting is more of a numbers game. The more you kill the more shots on goal you have find one. MF doesn't matter at all, so if all you care about is finding runes, equip the best gear you have for damage/survivability.

Target as many champion/unique/superunique monsters as you can. Target large packs of mobs (ie. dense areas where you can kill more mobs as quickly as possible). The more you kill the more chance you have to find runes. Open super chests (this is why
Lower Kurast
runs are popular, you can get to multiple super chests in about a minute, or less in SP).
This post was marked as the best answer.

BillyMaysed 2185Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
Yes, its actually better to farm
The Countess
on players1 than players8 if you're just looking for runes.

Banjo 138

Sorceress Americas PC
yeah ive found
Sur
Ohm
Vex
Gul
Zod
, and
Cham
. from anywhere from cows to world Stone keep all in players one games. it just takes time and luck. honestly ive probably made more in terms of runes from trade ranges, not scamming people by selling things for what theyre not worth, but for buying something at lower price and selling at a higher price. trading can be a very good way to get runes in D2, but being on ps might make that harder since the pool of players is lower.
I’ve found
Ber
Sur
Lo
Vex
Vex
Gul
. Trav and council have been good
Ber
Sur
Vex
Gul

xSD 143

Barbarian Americas PC
Ber
, 2 Ohms, 2
Vex
's and a bunch of Ists farming just Nihl/
Halls of Pain
packs in mostly p1 games.
BillyMaysed wrote: 2 years ago
Yes, its actually better to farm
The Countess
on players1 than players8 if you're just looking for runes.
Except she doesn't really drop the best runes. You're better off in
Travincal
for the really high runes. She can drop upto
Ist
from her rune drops, and upto
Lo
from her item drops. The council members in Trav are typically better.

Add me on B/net to conduct trades quicker.
Yea ofc. You can always check such things here: https://dropcalc.silospen.com/item.php

You can see your drop changes with 1 Player

Please PM me your BNET Tag if I win!

>> Also visit my Store for more (Browse the Tabs).
>> I also offer Uber Run Assistance and Premium Boost Services!
Just farm cows. Been farming them 1-2 times a day and got
Jah
2 weeks ago and now a
Ber
. :) (in betwen them, a
Vex
rune popped). for some reason when I make pub games to sell 4S Monarchs (which no one ever buys), I get these high runes...
I found 1x
Jah
2x
Sur
1x
Ohm
1x
Gul
(hellforge) 3x
Ist
2x
Mal
1x
Pul
just by playing game solo bnet. Its just a matter of how fast can you clear as many cowruns/travi as you can.
I found a
Lo
from countess another
Lo
in Chaos sanc and 2 jahs one of them from pit the other while I was on my way to
Baal
. All drops happened while I play solo
i've been playing solo bnet games almost exclusively, and have had a couple surs drop from AS, a
Lo
from a random mob around Andy, and just got a
Ber
from cows yesterday, so yeah, it's possible.
The thing about runes is luck! Of course, playing with more people, increase your odds of getting one, but the thing is, kill a lot of mobs and KICK everything (I got a
Ber
by kicking a basket in Durance 2) :)

Good farming
I did read this thread 2 days ago. Because i had the same feeling as the threadstarter.

I have been playing since launch and all i have found is a
Ohm
rune.. This
Ohm
dropped after 2-3 days.

TODAY freaking bonanza jackpot has happened.

Around midday i got a
Lo
rune running around killing mobs as always with my bowazon.

Happy me went to the gym came back home and just sat down playing. In 1 hr i have found another TWO
Sur
runes. Ie. 1
Lo
and 2
Sur
in basicly 2 hrs gameplay.

Holy crap. Well, all i can say yeah they will drop hang in there and just keep on killing!!
yesterday i got a
Sur
from trav and 15min later a
Jah
from the ghosts in worldstone keep lvl2 on player 1
I mostly play solo and have been grinding D2R since early October. So far I've managed to find
Ohm
from a random mob (can't remember where). Other than that, I got
Vex
from a random in front of the entrance to The Pit, got some Mals and Ums from Countess and boxes. Still dreaming about Enigma, which I believe was easier to obtain back in the times of original D2.

Wish you good luck, chief!
OP
You guys give me so much hope and motivation! :D

Thank you all for your kind replies! I really appreciate them!

Fen 92

Amazon Europe PC
I found a
Cham
and
Vex
since release, but that's all I got from Player 1 that was higher than
Mal

Prices are negotiable :)
Please DO NOT add me, before I accepted a trade or without comment, thanks! :)
Offers via pm will be ignored.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...