Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
11 replies   4492 views

Description

Can someone smarter than me suggest some good gear options for a fire based Bowazon? Especially the armour and weapon, it's not at all clear to me what I should be aiming for. I have a level 80 Amazon that I'm planning to use, and I'm playing ladder to get Flickering Flame and the relevant sunder charm, but I can't find any good build guides with gear so would be grateful of suggestions.

On a related note, I have a 5os +3 GMB on non ladder; is there anything I can do with this now that Mist will not be coming to non ladder? E.g., if I stuff 5 fire facets in it, could that be a decent weapon for this build? Or maybe a mix of facets and IAS jewels to hit a break point.

Appreciate this is a bit vague but not looking for a definitive answer, more some suggestions for me to look into. Thanks!

Can be used to make Runewords:

Can someone smarter than me suggest some good gear options for a fire based Bowazon? Especially the armour and weapon, it's not at all clear to me what I should be aiming for. I have a level 80 Amazon that I'm planning to use, and I'm playing ladder to get Flickering Flame and the relevant sunder charm, but I can't find any good build guides with gear so would be grateful of suggestions.

On a related note, I have a 5os +3 GMB on non ladder; is there anything I can do with this now that Mist will not be coming to non ladder? E.g., if I stuff 5 fire facets in it, could that be a decent weapon for this build? Or maybe a mix of facets and IAS jewels to hit a break point.

Appreciate this is a bit vague but not looking for a definitive answer, more some suggestions for me to look into. Thanks!

PC | PSN | Switch | Europe | UTC + 0
All trades are PC, PSN or Switch!
All trades will be conducted with a cup of tea.
Offering a free cross platform trading service!
I have little to no experience with fire bowzon, but my personal suggestion is that you hold onto that 5os GMB in the event that Mist will be able to be made in NL. I think that given the amount of and frequent updates that D2R has been seeing, they will eventually allow some of the new RWs to be made in NL. The devs have been back and forth in regards to their intentions on allowing the new RWs to be available to make in NL, but if we the community keep asking for the new RWs in NL, there is a chance they will listen to us.

Also, I suggest you get yourself a set of
Lava Gout
, those are nice IAS gloves that also gives you
Enchant
and fire res, I'm running one with my Ice mageZon, and even though she uses FA, the
Enchant
gives a nice alternative elemental dmg.

Necrarch 1576Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
To go cheap, you can start with Kuko Shukaku as a bow and start seeing how things work.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL

Elvir 19

Europe PC
Necrarch wrote: 1 year ago
To go cheap, you can start with Kuko Shukaku as a bow and start seeing how things work.
Yep,
Kuko Shakaku
is good suggestion. I can also recommend to find any fast 3 OS bow with +3 to bow skills and create Melody.
Melody is super cheap (highest rune is
Ko
). Benefits are great for this price: +6 to total bow skills (3+3), 20IAS, knockback and
Dodge

Elvir 19

Europe PC
Also I can recommend to watch Bowa videos on youtube. This man is bowazon genius and has few fire builds videos that u can take as examples.
Harmony and
Kuko Shakaku
are both good bow choices. I prefer Harmony for the movement speed and dealing with Fire Immunes (or just have it on weapon switch). Your best in slot is Ice or Faith, depending on whether you want to play cold or physical for your second damage source.

Jeweler's Armor of X stuffed with fire rainbow facets for pure fire damage. Treachery is always solid. If you went with Ice, then Chains of Honor is your armor (kind of boring). Fortitude if you went Faith in a GMB.
The best suggestion for fire Amazon 80lvl is to use
Token of Absolution
, boost
Strafe
and buy Faith/forti/Pride
I'm throwing this first one out there, not because it's a good suggestion (I personally wouldn't spend a
Jah
for it, but that's because I don't think fire builds are in a good place right now), but that it's a theorycrafting option for a build without taking cost into account.

Phoenix
Matriarchal Bow

Because the runeword has no IAS, i would supplement the build with Faith on a rogue merc.

Okay, now for a realistic suggestion. Even though it's still on the expensive side, the thread title says "BiS". I would actually consider making this if fire skills were in a good place.

Hand of Justice
Matriarchal Bow

Demon Limb
weapon switch for a better
Enchant
than
Lava Gout

PC | Softcore Non-Ladder | US Eastern Time (UTC-4)
Expansion Ladder Season 1 Level 99 (#115 Amazon, #584 Overall)

EPOCH FAIL

Ravoc 123

PC
Not speaking from experience, but maybe an upped
Goldstrike Arch
with good rolls might be a cheap solid bow as well.
OP
Thanks all for the suggestions. I know that fire is not in a good place but I have a physical bowa and have tried
Freezing Arrow
, I like having something different and wanted to make use of the fire charm and Flickering Flame. I've got Kuko and Melody but the latter only in a +1 base, so I will hunt for a +3.

Hand of Justice sounds very interesting because I do have a
Cham
that I don't know what to do with. It looks like that should be BiS based on the stats it has? Just need that
Sur

PC | PSN | Switch | Europe | UTC + 0
All trades are PC, PSN or Switch!
All trades will be conducted with a cup of tea.
Offering a free cross platform trading service!

Ravoc 123

PC
Excess
Cham
runes can always be cubed up into
Zod
runes and then used for building an eBotD for some other char.
In classic D2 when I first made a mageazon, I used
Freezing Arrow
to obviously freeze, and stacked
Immolation Arrow
to burn and do the heavy damage.
Immolation Arrow
got nerfed to the point of nonviability in LoD, so that led to me to move away from the whole
Fire Arrow
branch. While the current synergies and removal of most of the
Immolation Arrow
casting delay both help, fire still feels anemic if you're only relying on the skills in the skill tree. They have to be augmented with auras and additional damage.

Hand of Justice with the
Holy Fire
and -20% enemy fire resist helps a good bit to augment that arrow damage, and then you have up to an additional -15% from Flickering Flame. I don't know if skill synergies work between item-granted auras, but if they do, that's even better. Also, Hit Blinds Target and Freezes Target means you don't need to put points into the
Cold Arrow
branch to hold enemies in their position.

The
Enchant
on
Demon Limb
lasts for over 11 minutes and frees you up to use either 2/20 rare bow skill gloves to increase your fire damage or
Laying of Hands
. In fact,
Demon Limb
on switch and
Laying of Hands
is superior to
Lava Gout
in practically every way.

Part of the reason fire is not in a great place is because fire damage alone isn't powerful enough to put a huge dent in enemies. Hand of Justice is really a hybrid fire/physical damage weapon, but you need that as a bowazon. Her fire skill damage alone can't compare to that of a sorceress.

I know I've said in other posts and threads that fire kind of sucks for a bowazon, but it might be viable with Hand of Justice, while Flickering Flame and whatever the fire sunder charm is called is pretty much a perfect match because
Resist Fire
overcomes the negative resists so there's really nothing but upside with that combo. It's just a matter of whether the fire damage component is strong enough, and who knows, it very well might be with those three items together.

PC | Softcore Non-Ladder | US Eastern Time (UTC-4)
Expansion Ladder Season 1 Level 99 (#115 Amazon, #584 Overall)

EPOCH FAIL

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...