Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
14 replies   2466 views

Artisan's Bone Visage of the Mammoth -- can they be shopped??

No data yet

Description

Was curious if it's possible to shop an Artisan's (3OS)
Bone Visage
of ____________ (any suffix really, but particularly interested in Mammoth for life).
Description by BigSmelly

Can be used to make Runewords:

Was curious if it's possible to shop an Artisan's (3OS)
Bone Visage
of ____________ (any suffix really, but particularly interested in Mammoth for life).

Add BigSmelly#11936 on Bnet for fastest response

See my listings here and feel free to make an offer -- I will usually consider Perfect Gems and I am ALWAYS looking for Magic Vampirebone GIoves

BillyMaysed 2185Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
You can buy 3os magic helms from
Larzuk
in normal starting at lvl 39. But you cannot make runewords in them since they will be blue and not White/grey.

3os White/grey helms are most easily found in the
Secret Cow Level

OP
i should clarify -- i am looking for the specific magic prefix of "artisans" on a
Bone Visage
(for the 3OS), with a suffix as well (preferably +life like "of the mammoth" for instance). Not looking to make runewords, just a
Topaz
Helm
for MF. I've seen these helmets floating around on JSP etc back in the classic days, but I am curious if they are attainable from Hell shops anywhere or if they must be dropped/gambled only

See my listings here and feel free to make an offer -- I will usually consider Perfect Gems and I am ALWAYS looking for Magic Vampirebone GIoves

BillyMaysed 2185Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
BigSmelly wrote: 2 years ago
Not looking to make runewords, just a
Topaz
Helm
for MF
Ya i buy my first 3os helms for
Topaz
MF from
Larzuk
. They won't be a
Bone Visage
and not sure if it can roll with an extra affix though. But it will work for MF purposes.

OP
For sure, I usually do the same. Once I get to later levels I usually like to grab a
Bone Visage
if I'm playing Javazon (more reasonable str requirement and decent base defense).

However, back in the "classic" days, you could occasionally find players trading a very sought-after and uncommon Magic version of the
Bone Visage
, the "Artisan's
Bone Visage
of the Mammoth" which basically gave a bonus +40Life on top of having the 3 open sockets as well. They weren't hacked or bugged in, it is a naturally occuring roll -- just extremely uncommon.

What I had never considered though is whether or not they could be obtained by refreshing vendor inventories in A5 -- wanted to know if it was possible for
Larzuk
or
Anya
to spawn them in their shop on a lucky chance, or if they could only be obtained through monster drops/gambling

That is an interesting question. I was looking for something similar for my summon Necro.
For a
Great Helm
you need an item level of 79 for that according to this post. (Following Feanur's and LaochraGael's answer).
Use char level at least 74 to shop it.
Fara
(Nightmare),
Asheara
(Nightmare),
Charsi
(Hell),
Gheed
(Hell),
Elzix
(Hell),
Gheed
(Hell),
Fara
(Hell),
Asheara
(Hell) may sell that kind of
Helm
For a
Bone Visage
which has quality level 84...let me do the math
OP
Awesome find, much appreciated!

Let me just finish the math for
Bone Visage

(Sorry I posted accidentally before finishing now I am editing on the fly šŸ˜†)
alvl = max{ilvl,84} - int(84/2)
68 = max(ilvl,84) - 42
Max(ilvl, 84) = 68+42 = 110 which caps at 99...

So someone correct me if I'm wrong but then iLvL would be 99 and you would need to be 94 to shop it? But which shops would sell it?
OP
That's what I'm trying to figure out but I am not nearly qualified enough to do the math lol

haha don't worry, we will figure it out together and share our findings.

According to this shopping guide you won't be able to shop Elite items before Act 3 Hell so there's that.

Yet this shopcalc says that a
Bone Visage
can be found in
Drognan
(Hell),
Ormus
(Hell),
Anya
(Hell) (or Act 2, 3 and 5, which seems dissonant with the shop guide).

The only thing that seems to be kind of certain is that you need at least a character level of 94.
OP
All good starting points for sure.... So more or less, the theory is that it *should* be possible to shop one šŸ¤”

I tested it out in SP in D2. Created a lvl 94 & 99 that hadn't killed Nihl. yet, so I was able to go in/out of the portal next to
Anya
pretty quick. Did it for ~5-10 minutes, refreshed the trade screen every 10 sec or so, and never had a
Bone Visage
come up. Only
Bone Helm
and
Grim Helm

I tested gambling and you can gamble for a
Bone Visage
, but at lvl 94 it was like ~120k a pop, even then it can roll as any of the three qualities, most being
Bone Helm
, so would probably be upwards of 750k-1m gold per
Bone Visage
roll

While my results don't mean that
Anya
won't even have a
Bone Visage
to trade, it is at the very least a rare occurrence. Imho, you are better off running hell cows with 50-100mf and seeing what turns up. At least for your time you might find a couple BV's plus the chance of in demand White items, gems, jewels, charms, and runes. (Maybe even a decent unique/set/rare find as well)
OP
Very true; I was mostly considering whether or not to bother examining red Bone helms in
Anya
's shop when I check her for 3/20's

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...