diablo2.io is supported by ads
17 replies   6909 views

Description

I made my Enigma last night, and after wearing a
Dusk Shroud
Smoke for quite some time, I did so very confidently in another
Dusk Shroud
. I hear people complain about the look of Dusk Shrouds on their characters, and recently saw a thread using a Necro as evidence that they look like trash. I assume these players are looking for shining golden armor and spikes and crests and lions and eagles and, I don't know, griffons plated about their body. That's fine, but to those people, might I recommend a Paladin? Or an Amazon? Have you seen the way armor looks on them? It's glorious. But for those Necromancers out there worried about the idea of sinking these heard-earned runes into a lowly
Dusk Shroud
, consider this: you're wandering into the plains of Hell, batting back blows from demons with the
Skull
of their
Fallen
kin and raising the dead, conjuring beasts, and slinging poison and magic with a Bone. You fight alongside fearsome warriors wielding devastating weapons and clad in shining armor, peering out through tiny slits in their steely helms. And there you stand, an elderly flesh wizard,
Tiara
perched atop your long, grey hair, with a leather vest hanging open to reveal your ripped abs. Is there anything more hardcore than that? I think it's excellent. I went out of my way to get a
Dusk Shroud
, because nothing else looks as apathetic to the hordes of Hell that are approaching, and I'm all about letting them know how many F's I give on the way in. Make your runewords in whatever you like, but don't let the haters dissuade you if you're considering the Dusk:

Can be used to make Runewords:

ggs 39

Americas PC
I made my Enigma last night, and after wearing a
Dusk Shroud
Smoke for quite some time, I did so very confidently in another
Dusk Shroud
. I hear people complain about the look of Dusk Shrouds on their characters, and recently saw a thread using a Necro as evidence that they look like trash. I assume these players are looking for shining golden armor and spikes and crests and lions and eagles and, I don't know, griffons plated about their body. That's fine, but to those people, might I recommend a Paladin? Or an Amazon? Have you seen the way armor looks on them? It's glorious. But for those Necromancers out there worried about the idea of sinking these heard-earned runes into a lowly
Dusk Shroud
, consider this: you're wandering into the plains of Hell, batting back blows from demons with the
Skull
of their
Fallen
kin and raising the dead, conjuring beasts, and slinging poison and magic with a Bone. You fight alongside fearsome warriors wielding devastating weapons and clad in shining armor, peering out through tiny slits in their steely helms. And there you stand, an elderly flesh wizard,
Tiara
perched atop your long, grey hair, with a leather vest hanging open to reveal your ripped abs. Is there anything more hardcore than that? I think it's excellent. I went out of my way to get a
Dusk Shroud
, because nothing else looks as apathetic to the hordes of Hell that are approaching, and I'm all about letting them know how many F's I give on the way in. Make your runewords in whatever you like, but don't let the haters dissuade you if you're considering the Dusk:
Paragraphs, bro.
If the Str requirement is no problem, the
Studded Leather
one looks the same..

With the added bonus of rocking bright red pants (besides the potential armor boost).

And I agree, descending in the depths of hell with your shirt casually open, why not? :)
Struikrover wrote: 2 years ago
If the Str requirement is no problem, the
Studded Leather
one looks the same..

With the added bonus of rocking bright red pants (besides the potential armor boost).

And I agree, descending in the depths of hell with your shirt casually open, why not? :)
Edit:
Wire Fleece
for higher levels ofc.
that is nasty, is that a bottle of graveyard whisky in his hand

Darq 86

Amazon Europe PC
ggs wrote: 2 years ago
Is there anything more hardcore than that?

When i look at that non-shiny armor with no griffon, lions or eagles but just bones and skulls, yes there is (beside playing on hardcore for real)

Schnorki 3153Moderator

PC
It does have a nice oldschool rocker vibe to it.

Well, until you spot the
Tiara
that is. Though it certainly still beats the otherwise normal green bag over his had.

Personally, I'll always choose Archon over Shroud. But that's simply for the better stats. Looks are a tie for me there.

Bisu 369

PC
I laughed reading the "ripped abs" part, haha.

Totally agree with your approach -- just play the game however you want, and feel good about it.

Not everything is about popularity, or resell value, etc etc

Asha 343

Sorceress Europe PC
My offline test necro was wearin Wealth made in
Templar Coat
for some time - Marrowwalks still require the same 118 str, so why not? Just sayin that exact plate armor looks awesome on necro, imo. Now he is wearin
Great Hauberk
with Bramble - also cool and grim. Definitely better to look upon than rocker jacket. But to each his own.

PS: And yes - never he'll wear this green condom. I'm done with shakos.
Wait, so my green-condom-skin-of-the-vipermagi-wearing-White-
Wand
-sporting-Spirit-shield-wielding Necro isn't his own unique butterfly??

Sigh. I'm going to stare off in the distance longingly.

BillyMaysed 2185Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
ggs wrote: 2 years ago
I hear people complain about the look of Dusk Shrouds on their characters, and recently saw a thread using a Necro as evidence that they look like trash.
The legend of chad necro is getting more Lore and a character arc, i love it. these threads are more enjoyable than the data driven guides lol

Fen 92

Amazon Europe PC
cujokila wrote: 2 years ago
Wait, so my green-condom-skin-of-the-vipermagi-wearing-White-
Wand
-sporting-Spirit-shield-wielding Necro isn't his own unique butterfly??

Sigh. I'm going to stare off in the distance longingly.
I wonder how they made that... hat... I suppose it was some early morning, when a Blizz employee taken a shower, grabbed a green Towel to dry his hair, looked into the mirror and gone - "That's hot!" (hope this ain't a copyright infringement ^^`)

Prices are negotiable :)
Please DO NOT add me, before I accepted a trade or without comment, thanks! :)
Offers via pm will be ignored.
The old-man ripped abs thing is really cool. Problem is that green ugly motherfucking
Cap
OP

ggs 39

Americas PC
You guys are real set on the idea of using a
Shako
, and I think that's a bit short-sighted. There are better circlets/coronets/tiaras/diadems out there, and then you're a PRINCESS! Who is also ripped.
The D2r Necro will forever be a homeless crackhead biker to me. I can't unsee it.
OP

ggs 39

Americas PC
Ironembraced wrote: 2 years ago
The D2r Necro will forever be a homeless crackhead biker to me. I can't unsee it.
But isn't that the raddest dude to kill the devil?
Just here a year late to propose the happy medium.

Mage Plate
and its big brother, Gives you some Mad Max vibes.
My necro looks almost identical to the OP except he has the dreaded 'green condom', which I find to be a hilarious name on it's own. I mean, the necro in this game is never really going to look that great anyway, so you might as well go all the way and make him a biker. I also have a
Dusk Shroud
Fortitude and find that the extremely low strength requirement more than makes up for any loss in aesthetics. Also, the sorc looks kinda cute w/
Shako
imo.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation