Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
8 replies   2666 views

Description

This is a thread about keeping the 2.4 Fury-Wolf aka wrecking ball powerhouse pain train interesting to play with by adding support skill/s that can be used/recast frequently or about suggestions to go down a decent hybrid route.

I really like the 2.4 Fury-Wolf, especially with
Eth
Reaper's since it tears through everything like butter plus you can keep your vit and defenses up.

What i dislike a bit, is that in it's simplest form can be played with mouse alone - keeping
Feral Rage
on the left and
Fury: Skill
on the right button or vice versa.
So besides
Werewolf
and recasting
Heart of Wolverine
there's no other active skill with the following setup:

Werewolf

Lycanthropy

Heart of Wolverine

[1 Feral Rage] - for me everything between 1-5 points is enough

With lvl 90 i got 18 skill points left if i leave
Feral Rage
at 1, which i tend to because i don't really care about more LL or FRW.

The other option of course is going for Summons to distract, but hey, it's kind of meh because i already am literally the Alpha Wolf on the frontline here.

Then i was really excited to try out
Hurricane
for the chill effect (stacking with decrep!) and big style bonus. Turns out to be even more meh than summons because of the ridiculously short chill and the storm following you with some kind of delay.
So i read a bit about slow/chill mechanics to see if there's a way to enhance the chilling effect from
Hurricane
. Turns out there isn't.

I really like another active skill on my W-button which i need to press regularly but i can't come up with another idea. Guess i will return to Master Petz even though he's not a serious competitor for hunting the prey out there.

Also thought about giving
Fire Claws
/
Armageddon
hybrid a try because after 2.4 it seems quite strong, maybe someone can share experiences?
Description by Mimic

Can be used to make Runewords:

Mimic 12

Europe PC
This is a thread about keeping the 2.4 Fury-Wolf aka wrecking ball powerhouse pain train interesting to play with by adding support skill/s that can be used/recast frequently or about suggestions to go down a decent hybrid route.

I really like the 2.4 Fury-Wolf, especially with
Eth
Reaper's since it tears through everything like butter plus you can keep your vit and defenses up.

What i dislike a bit, is that in it's simplest form can be played with mouse alone - keeping
Feral Rage
on the left and
on the right button or vice versa.
So besides
Werewolf
and recasting
Heart of Wolverine
there's no other active skill with the following setup:

Werewolf

Lycanthropy

Heart of Wolverine

[1 Feral Rage] - for me everything between 1-5 points is enough

With lvl 90 i got 18 skill points left if i leave
Feral Rage
at 1, which i tend to because i don't really care about more LL or FRW.

The other option of course is going for Summons to distract, but hey, it's kind of meh because i already am literally the Alpha Wolf on the frontline here.

Then i was really excited to try out
Hurricane
for the chill effect (stacking with decrep!) and big style bonus. Turns out to be even more meh than summons because of the ridiculously short chill and the storm following you with some kind of delay.
So i read a bit about slow/chill mechanics to see if there's a way to enhance the chilling effect from
Hurricane
. Turns out there isn't.

I really like another active skill on my W-button which i need to press regularly but i can't come up with another idea. Guess i will return to Master Petz even though he's not a serious competitor for hunting the prey out there.

Also thought about giving
Fire Claws
/
Armageddon
hybrid a try because after 2.4 it seems quite strong, maybe someone can share experiences?
If you really want to spam something I would recommend Ravens :)

I saw a post about a Fury/
Armageddon
hybrid build with
Earth Shifter
as that gives +7 to elemental skills, but the poster was not really satisfied with the speed. But hey, it seemed like a fun build

Is
The Reaper's Toll
much better than the good old
Ribcracker
? Also does the
Heart of Wolverine
worth it? I was always just got annoyed by its constant dying, so I stopped to use any spirits

Btw I will keep an eye of this post as I also would like to refresh the experience with my Fury druid, after killing Übers there is not much to do for him, as this is clearly not the best build for general farming...
Regarding
Ribcracker
vs
The Reaper's Toll
, I much prefer
Ribcracker
for the crushing blow on bosses. I give the Toll to my merc purely for decrep and that handles most immunes.

And
Heart of Wolverine
is definitely worth it IMO. It's pretty cheap to recast.
I made a max
Hurricane
+syn , holding a Doom
Thresher
, with an infinty merc. Had no torch and like 2 skillers though. Wore Rain, a +3
Hurricane
Delirium and maras- everything I had for +skills. It was a blast to go through the game with, and it butchers players 1 farming. On players 3, the
Hurricane

was(very) meaningful only in the pits and stony tombs. The maxed Fury with the Doom still destroyed everything I clicked on p3.
Delirium and
Holy Freeze
from Doom just shut down everything, this build was mega safe. Delirium is very fun to play with.

So it was fun for a short time, but the
Hurricane
damage is just too low, even with massive -resist from Doom and infinty.
I tried the same build with geddon instead, and it's a powerful skill, but it can many times not hit at all for very long, so it was even worse than
Hurricane
overall.

I really like the Fury wolf too. Maybe with
Rabies
? Grief and some +skill shield or
Monarch
with poison facets.
Haven't done a Fire Claw/
Armageddon
Hybrid, but I have done the Fury/
Armageddon
Hybrid with
Earth Shifter
which was a lot of fun. I didn't find the attack speed to be an issue, you need put enough points into
Werewolf
to get it to 21 if you're using a
Shael
'd
Earth Shifter
and 20% IAS gloves. The biggest issue is you being a little squishy but I think that's understandable since you're putting more into strength and your
Lycanthropy
isn't as high as a normal Shapeshifting Druid would be, and your attack rating could be a little lacking, but that was not a problem for me. Life didn't end up being to big an issue either. Between the life steal I had,
Feral Rage
, and my merc casting
Decrepify
everywhere, I was able to stay alive pretty easily.
OP

Mimic 12

Europe PC
Is
The Reaper's Toll
much better than the good old
Ribcracker
? Also does the
Heart of Wolverine
worth it? I was always just got annoyed by its constant dying, so I stopped to use any spirits
I think both are really viable.
Ribcracker
is very good for CB, with G-Face and
Gore Rider
can hit 100%.
Eth
Reaper's for me is BiS after 2.4 hit because of the new IAS mechanics. Although there are better options damagewise (BotD for example), proccing decrep all the time let's you do almost every content plus it provides a lot of savety with the slowing effect.

The thing with
Heart of Wolverine
is - i like the boost to damage and attack rating. I would leave it at 1 point but then it is constantly dying and even more annoying. With 2.4 the survivability with 20 points is quite ok to me.
If i would go with a hybrid build i would probably leave it entirely.
Btw I will keep an eye of this post as I also would like to refresh the experience with my Fury druid, after killing Übers there is not much to do for him, as this is clearly not the best build for general farming...
Youre right, it's not the #1 solo farming build. I started to join
Baal
runs (no tele) and it really excels in group play because of damage and tankiness. Even on splitfarming with p/8 still faster than most builds.
So it was fun for a short time, but the
Hurricane
damage is just too low, even with massive -resist from Doom and infinty.
That's what i read too, so i never bothered to try ;).
I tried the same build with geddon instead, and it's a powerful skill, but it can many times not hit at all for very long, so it was even worse than
Hurricane
overall.
I theorycrafted a
Fire Claws
/
Armageddon
build and am eager to try this instead of Fury. Main reason is the synergies for both skill when maxing
Firestorm
and
Molten Boulder
. Claw fire damage would be around 7-8k and
Armageddon
around 5k with skillers. Merc will get Infinity to further boost damage. Hope this will be fun.
Maybe with
Rabies
? Grief and some +skill shield or
Monarch
with poison facets.
That would be another option. But i don't really know the skill mechanics of
Rabies
too well and i doubt that it would make a good AOE-skill with enough damage in hybrid. But maybe some day.

Thanks for all your suggestions!
gee4vee wrote: 1 year ago
Regarding
Ribcracker
vs
The Reaper's Toll
, I much prefer
Ribcracker
for the crushing blow on bosses. I give the Toll to my merc purely for decrep and that handles most immunes.

And
Heart of Wolverine
is definitely worth it IMO. It's pretty cheap to recast.
is the
Ribcracker
notably better? I always had the impression that if a weapon had "ignore target's defense" it rips through mobs and with decrep and 33% deadly strike on Toll it should even be better

Ribcracker
is realy good, but i prefer
Tomb Reaver
alot more.

───▄▄─▄████▄▐▄▄▄▌
──▐──████▀███▄█▄▌
▐─▌──█▀▌──▐▀▌▀█▀
─▀───▌─▌──▐─▌
─────█─█──▐▌█
OP

Mimic 12

Europe PC