Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
6 replies   2997 views

Ladder to be set at 4 months duration currently, thoughts?

No data yet

Description

Hey guys,

So they announced that they are still 'thinking' about how long they'll set the ladder season duration at, but that the current proposal is ladder seasons of 4 months for Resurrected, starting early next year once PTR is up.
Blizzard wrote:
Lastly, we’ve been monitoring discussions around Ladder Rank play in the community. The duration of Ladder is an element our team is still trying to gauge as we progress forward, but we’re looking to create the “rush” of a new ladder and find the best timeframe for Ladder rotation that meets your expectations. Presently, we’re considering four months for Ladder Seasons. We’ll continue monitoring the community’s opinion and preference on this front as we approach PTR for Patch 2.4 early next year.
They have stuck by what they said at Blizzcon which is making ladder seasons shorter (so far), wondering where the hesitance is to set a particular number though. What do you guys think about the current proposed length - could it be longer or shorter and why?
Description by Teebling

Can be used to make Runewords:

Teebling 6693Admin

Europe PC
Hey guys,

So they announced that they are still 'thinking' about how long they'll set the ladder season duration at, but that the current proposal is ladder seasons of 4 months for Resurrected, starting early next year once PTR is up.
Blizzard wrote:
Lastly, we’ve been monitoring discussions around Ladder Rank play in the community. The duration of Ladder is an element our team is still trying to gauge as we progress forward, but we’re looking to create the “rush” of a new ladder and find the best timeframe for Ladder rotation that meets your expectations. Presently, we’re considering four months for Ladder Seasons. We’ll continue monitoring the community’s opinion and preference on this front as we approach PTR for Patch 2.4 early next year.
They have stuck by what they said at Blizzcon which is making ladder seasons shorter (so far), wondering where the hesitance is to set a particular number though. What do you guys think about the current proposed length - could it be longer or shorter and why?

Depends on what the new runewords are, probably...

I had the motivation to go through the grind on release but I'm not sure I can do it again. I was getting pretty comfy with my stuff already, and I'm hoping that whatever they add is not some crazy multi-HR-cost runewords that will be absolutely necessary for some new builds. It's hard enough to compete with all the people that could just buy stuff on day 1, and new ladder won't fix that. Prices are already crashing in anticipation of ladder because of those who can convert NL (or WoW/etc) Wealth to ladder Wealth.

Beardozer 457Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
I get pretty geared within the first couple months and then get bored and quit. I prefer shorter ladders. Lets me get in, get out, and repeat.

diablo2.io janitor | Odunga Brotherhood

wakE 12

Sorceress Europe PC
I always liked to play Diablo II at my own pace. Back in 2007 when I played the game for the first time I had no clue about ladders, hardcore or anything else. I start playing the game because I'd seen my brother doing it and I wanted my in-game char to look nice too!

Since then I got a bit more experienced at D2(and a bit older) and with a better capacity for understanding the game. For me D2 means more than just a hero looking nice in the game now and I want to thank Blizzard for bringing it back to life after so many years. Over the years I've been playing on and off but since D2:R been released I played pretty much every day a few good hours.

The game seems to me so hard to farm items/runes and with a very low drop rate which has always been the same and I'm still after so many items, RW, builds and many other things to do in the game. I wonder how can some get there so fast in 3-4 months in order to want a new fresh start because they've got everything and they're bored?

Three main things I always liked about Diablo II:
Levelling/ MF at my own rhythm
PvP as much as I can keep my eyes open before I go to bed
Trade for fun and with pleasure
Making my hero look sexy

Thins I never liked about Diablo II:
Playing Ladders - making many players rush through the game for levelling (which is fine) but others are seeking lots of items to be sold on expensive amounts of real money or forum gold and all that shit that can unbalance the in-game market which should only be used how it was designed to be used - items for items whatever that item might be.
Cheating in PvP

I'm not trying to offend anyone, this was my opinion and the reason why I don't like playing Ladders. If a ladder/ season would last for 7-9 months then maybe I'd play too.
A big "Thank You!" to the Administrator of this website because is a great platform, perfectly done, smoothly designed and kept to the core of trading - only goods for goods.

My BattleTag - wakE#21715
My Discord - wakE#1994
BillyMaysed wrote: 2 years ago
3 was going to be too short and 6 was too long. 4 seems like the perfect number to me. :D
I'm with you on this. 4 seems like just the right amount of time for me, total gut feel.
I really don't like 4 months. The last month or two of a ladder, you're just waiting for the next one; magic finding isn't as fun because the economy will become irrelevant so soon. So out in a 4 month ladder, maybe 40% of the time the economic drive is going steeply downhill. In a 6 month ladder, the economic/player crash before the next ladder starts is proportionally smaller- maybe only 25%.

Also, if real life/work/whatever intervenes, you miss out less in a 6 month ladder than in a 4 month ladder. Say, for example, you have to miss the first month of a 4 month ladder. Should you even play the last three months, or just wait for the next one? You're only going to have two months, max, before all thrill of finding good items evaporates as the new season is about to start, making all your progress irrelevant.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...