Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
15 replies   2841 views

Description

Hey all,

here is Skuarauz from Kenya. I'm new to D2 and I need your wise counsel.

I'm Lv. 60 Zealant Paladin looking to kill
Baal
(in Nightmare).

I'm equipped with:
Guillame's Face
Duriell's Shell
String of Ears

Gore Rider

Beast Knuckle
Herald Of Zakarum
, and
Grief

After having killed the Ancients yesterday, today I'm dying too easily before getting to
Baal

Can you suggest me what is wrong? What can I do?

In the picture you can see my stats

Thanks all

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hey all,

here is Skuarauz from Kenya. I'm new to D2 and I need your wise counsel.

I'm Lv. 60 Zealant Paladin looking to kill
Baal
(in Nightmare).

I'm equipped with:
Guillame's Face
Duriell's Shell
String of Ears

Gore Rider

Beast Knuckle
Herald Of Zakarum
, and
Grief

After having killed the Ancients yesterday, today I'm dying too easily before getting to
Baal

Can you suggest me what is wrong? What can I do?

In the picture you can see my stats

Thanks all

Th3ory 419

Paladin Americas PC
With the current gear and setup you should absolutely be able to hold your own in Nightmare.

Ideally need to get your life up at lvl 60 (also through possible charms - cannot see your inventory currently) - surprised you have that much strength as it should not be required to equip the gear that you have on. Realize that Guils, Duriels, and HoZ add to strength so that likely is boosting (inflating) that value, but ensure you have the minimum required strength. At that dexterity level, I presume you should be at Max Block, but again, are you over invested in Dex right now that could be balanced more to life?

Also, what is Beast Knuckle? Assuming must be a rare ring or maybe you are referring to an amulet?

Can you also share your skill point allocations?

A bit much in the strength stat, i'd invest more in dexterity for higher AR or vitality for more Health. Also you're going to need more attack speed and life+mana leech.

Try to invest your runes in a
Raven Frost
ring along with attack rating + dual leech ring and
Highlord's Wrath
. Gloves either
Dracul's Grasp
or
Laying of Hands
, rest of the items are pretty solid.
Th3ory wrote: 2 years ago
With the current gear and setup you should absolutely be able to hold your own in Nightmare.

Ideally need to get your life up at lvl 60 (also through possible charms - cannot see your inventory currently) - surprised you have that much strength as it should not be required to equip the gear that you have on. Realize that Guils, Duriels, and HoZ add to strength so that likely is boosting (inflating) that value, but ensure you have the minimum required strength. At that dexterity level, I presume you should be at Max Block, but again, are you over invested in Dex right now that could be balanced more to life?

Also, what is Beast Knuckle? Assuming must be a rare ring or maybe you are referring to an amulet?

Can you also share your skill point allocations?
Beast knucle are
Blood Gloves
with 9% cb, some life leech, lightning and poison res and 20 life
All that dex is for Grief in pb, ammy is a temporary rare one with decent res waiting to switch to highlords or mara (any suggestion on which one to equip would be very welcome). I don t remeber about what rings he s wearing now but should be ravenfrost and another with some leech and res.

Sweet Lovely Death
Just waiting for your breath
Come sweet Death
One Last Caress
OP
About the gloves, I've seen somebody answered to you already.

These are my skills stat points
deepsea wrote: 2 years ago
A bit much in the strength stat, i'd invest more in dexterity for higher AR or vitality for more Health. Also you're going to need more attack speed and life+mana leech.

Raven Frost
Highlord's Wrath
. Gloves either
Dracul's Grasp
or
Laying of Hands
Even with max
Fanaticism
ias from equip would still be needed? Guess it will be better to swith to highlords rather than mara. He could get some other
Blood Gloves
with ias, i should have a nice pair with 20 ias 8 cb 5 life leech 20 life and some fire res i could give him

Sweet Lovely Death
Come sweet Death
One Last Caress

Th3ory 419

Paladin Americas PC
Definitely get at minimum a single point into
Salvation
and
Redemption
100% - great to toggle these on/off as needed.

Assume you have Max Block % with that dex? If not, you want to ensure you have this so either again get a
Raven Frost
for Dex boost or get some more points into
Holy Shield
where you can balance.

Agree with everyone else on Dracs/LoH (always solid options - especially the Demon % dmg). Highlords is the ideal ammy for Zealers and if you can, I would swap out a
Vampire Gaze
if you can get your hands on one vs. Guil's (albeit yes this is always a suitable option).

Also what merc are you using?

OP

I'm using any with Might, got Emilio for a while. The actual is Fazel.
Steccothal wrote: 2 years ago

Raven Frost
Highlord's Wrath
. Gloves either
Dracul's Grasp
or
Laying of Hands
Even with max
Fanaticism
ias from equip would still be needed? Guess it will be better to swith to highlords rather than mara. He could get some other
Blood Gloves
with ias, i should have a nice pair with 20 ias 8 cb 5 life leech 20 life and some fire res i could give him
Ah, sorry. I did not take in to consideration of
Fanaticism
. Well
Highlord's Wrath
is pretty much BIS for most melee builds, specially the Zealot. Extra damage from Deadly Strike is amazing. For the gloves then i'd set my focus towards
Dracul's Grasp
since the
Life Tap
proc is a MASSIVE help in survivability with stronger groups, but until then I guess any leech gloves with open wounds or other on hit proc % would do just fine.

Th3ory 419

Paladin Americas PC
AnghioWalser wrote: 2 years ago

I'm using any with Might, got Emilio for a while. The actual is Fazel.
Totally get the appeal with Might, but do yourself a favor for CC = Crowd Control and consider
Holy Freeze

With 2.4 Merc changes there is a lot of optionality here and how you can evolve this, but I think forego the Might DPS increase in-exchange for
Holy Freeze
which can help. Worst case you do tests and see which you prefer.

While Blood Craft gloves have appeal indeed for the CB% I would definitely steer towards LoH (Affordable) and preferably Dracs (if you can acquire). I think we all exhausted the need for Highlords, but want to re-punctuate that for you.

If you are going to be using Guil's
Helm
you can also consider Sandstorm Treks or Waterwalks which give a great Dex + life boost. Yes Goreriders have appeal in PvE, but right now with your Beast Knuckle's, Guil's, and Gore's I would consider swapping out to other possible BiS options overall.

So just to be clear me and the OP are long time friends and we were aiming to run ubers together, that s why i am participating to the topic and why we thought that guillaume and
Blood Gloves
and all the crushing blow equip would have been good for the purpose. But i don t know anything on pally, never played as one, so as it is not a big issue getting other equip if needed (already have dracs and loh and sandstorm), i think some build and playstyle hints would be very much needed.
Oh and how about armor? I have a Fortitude ready as soon as he gets at lvl 63, can it be a good choice? I know Enigma could be better but i can t spare one right now

Sweet Lovely Death
Come sweet Death
One Last Caress

Th3ory 419

Paladin Americas PC
So just to be clear me and the OP are long time friends and we were aiming to run ubers together, that s why i am participating to the topic and why we thought that guillaume and
Blood Gloves
and all the crushing blow equip would have been good for the purpose. But i don t know anything on pally, never played as one, so as it is not a big issue getting other equip if needed (already have dracs and loh and sandstorm), i think some build and playstyle hints would be very much needed.
Oh and how about armor? I have a Fortitude ready as soon as he gets at lvl 63, can it be a good choice? I know Enigma could be better but i can t spare one right now
Figured as much per your intimate knowledge of the Beast Knuckle's!

I mean if this is primarily for Uber's then when in doubt this should be a Smiter and yes Crushing Blow becomes a far greater center point of the build. I don't want to say that Zealers cannot handle Ubers, but if that is the case, then Drac's for tap or critical and or LoH + Exile, keep your Gore Riders and Guil's, and yes I would consider Fortitude or a Duress all day over
Duriel's Shell
. That, and ensuring you use Treachery to proc
Fade
before going in and then placing your primary slot armor back on.

You will want to get that IAS up for a Zealer which was called out previously especially if you are doing Ubers and that is why Highlords + LoH can certainly help in that regard.

Blood Gloves
Instead of Fortitude, invest that
Lo
in getting Duress,
Raven
, dracs and highlords and you'll be doing ubers really comfortably.
Blood Gloves
Instead of Fortitude, invest that
Lo
in getting Duress,
Raven
, dracs and highlords and you'll be doing ubers really comfortably.
No investment needed, all the gear you mentioned we already have, the issue is just about choosing the best gear, not getting it

Sweet Lovely Death
Come sweet Death
One Last Caress
Blood Gloves

I mean if this is primarily for Uber's then when in doubt this should be a Smiter and yes Crushing Blow becomes a far greater center point of the build. I don't want to say that Zealers cannot handle Ubers, but if that is the case, then Drac's for tap or critical and or LoH + Exile, keep your Gore Riders and Guil's, and yes I would consider Fortitude or a Duress all day over
Duriel's Shell
Fade

You will want to get that IAS up for a Zealer which was called out previously especially if you are doing Ubers and that is why Highlords + LoH can certainly help in that regard.
Ok for ubers but i think i went off a bit here. Before getting to
Tristram
we need to survive nightmare, and that s the problem now. So, respec to have more vita, switch from
Fanaticism
to
Redemption
to regain life when needed, i guess, constantly keep the buff from
Holy Shield
too? That shoukd do it? Gear is pretty solid so it should not be the problem

Sweet Lovely Death
Come sweet Death
One Last Caress

Th3ory 419

Paladin Americas PC
Blood Gloves

Duriel's Shell
Fade

Ok for ubers but i think i went off a bit here. Before getting to
Tristram
we need to survive nightmare, and that s the problem now. So, respec to have more vita, switch from
Fanaticism
to
Redemption
to regain life when needed, i guess, constantly keep the buff from
Holy Shield
too? That shoukd do it? Gear is pretty solid so it should not be the problem
Yes - even a single base point into
Redemption
(mana/life) when needed, and make sure you use a single point into
Salvation
so you can quickly trigger that aura when required for additional res boost. Find a way to balance and ensure you have Max Block % - if at 10 HS you have it, then no need to increase necessarily, but if you don't have Max Block that is a major priority.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...