diablo2.io is supported by ads
4 replies   732 views

Description

Hello everyone.

Just recently, after testing my
Fire Claws
+
Armageddon
dru shifter I raised this winter, I discovered significant changes - some are pleasant, some are quite disturbing.

Good news are about revised synergies:
1)
Fire Claws
, despite gettin 22% synergy percent bonus only from 2 skills instead of previous 4, now increased in damage seriously: my bear had about 7k claw damage, now it's more than 10k.
2)
Armageddon
also grew up - now it roasts considerably stronger, providin higher killrate, which is especially awesome with Phoenix shield 🙂
3) No more 5 hard skill points wasted at useless (for fire dru) prerequisites to
Armageddon
🥳🥳🥳 FINALLY 🥂

But:

Before the patch, my bear had 9-framed melee attack (
Aldur's Rhythm
with 2x
Shael
runes, 70% weapon IAS total) - just enough to scratch the mobs fast enough for comfortable gameplay. Now it seems like IAS is completely useless for a shifter 😒 - yes, his strike is powerful, but so damn slow... I wonder if a shifter is now just condemned to very slow and clumsy attack artificially - regardless of how fast his weapon is, and how much off-weapon IAS he got. Or it's just some bug, and can be "cured" by re-socketing the weapon? Doubtful, but still...

If that's the case - no need to use cheap, fast and effective Aldur equipment anymore - which is rather sad 😒 but then, second Phoenix, now in
Phase Blade
, is logical - combined with
Ravenlore
and some CoH for example. Still slow - but even more fire, I guess? 😈🔥

If somebody knows for sure about 2.4 shifter attack speed - pls reply below. In the meantime, I'll seek for a patch details on the subject.
Description by Asha

Can be used to make Runewords:

Asha 334

Sorceress Europe PC
Hello everyone.

Just recently, after testing my
Fire Claws
+
Armageddon
dru shifter I raised this winter, I discovered significant changes - some are pleasant, some are quite disturbing.

Good news are about revised synergies:
1)
Fire Claws
, despite gettin 22% synergy percent bonus only from 2 skills instead of previous 4, now increased in damage seriously: my bear had about 7k claw damage, now it's more than 10k.
2)
Armageddon
also grew up - now it roasts considerably stronger, providin higher killrate, which is especially awesome with Phoenix shield 🙂
3) No more 5 hard skill points wasted at useless (for fire dru) prerequisites to
Armageddon
🥳🥳🥳 FINALLY 🥂

But:

Before the patch, my bear had 9-framed melee attack (
Aldur's Rhythm
with 2x
Shael
runes, 70% weapon IAS total) - just enough to scratch the mobs fast enough for comfortable gameplay. Now it seems like IAS is completely useless for a shifter 😒 - yes, his strike is powerful, but so damn slow... I wonder if a shifter is now just condemned to very slow and clumsy attack artificially - regardless of how fast his weapon is, and how much off-weapon IAS he got. Or it's just some bug, and can be "cured" by re-socketing the weapon? Doubtful, but still...

If that's the case - no need to use cheap, fast and effective Aldur equipment anymore - which is rather sad 😒 but then, second Phoenix, now in
Phase Blade
, is logical - combined with
Ravenlore
and some CoH for example. Still slow - but even more fire, I guess? 😈🔥

If somebody knows for sure about 2.4 shifter attack speed - pls reply below. In the meantime, I'll seek for a patch details on the subject.
IAS is no longer useless, off-weapon IAS that is. You can check this and experiment all you like:

https://chthonvii.github.io/d2r_24ptr2_ ... alculator/

If you get a PM offer, post it in the trade. Promote healthy competition instead of settling for less. ;)
That’s strange. My attack speed seems to have gotten faster. I’m using an upped, ethereal
Ribcracker
with a
Zod
in it.
OP

Asha 334

Sorceress Europe PC
Queegon wrote: 1 year ago
IAS is no longer useless, off-weapon IAS that is. You can check this and experiment all you like:

https://chthonvii.github.io/d2r_24ptr2_ ... alculator/
Thank you, this calculator is exactly what I'm after 🥂
OP

Asha 334

Sorceress Europe PC
Extracted some numbers from the table:

1) Compared to 2.3 and before -
Werebear
NO LONGER needs aldur set. Earlier, he had 9 fpa with 2-shaeled aldur weapon and no ias, and 7 fpa - with 3-shaeled weapon and 30% off-weapon ias.
Now, he has 14 fpa - and can barely scrap to 11 fpa with 3-shaeled weapon and 75% off-weapon ias (
Lava Gout
+ nosferatu + 3x jewels of ferwor in armor and pelt). Sad but true 😒

So I'll just switch to
Werewolf
usin my current gear - gives same 9 fpa as i had before (as a
Werebear
) without changin and resocketin any gear. A bit less thick - but at least no speed loss for clawin them.

Was afraid it could be worse.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches
diablo2.io is supported by ads

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation