Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
15 replies   10423 views

Description

Since Ladder is right behind the corner, I decided to make 100 Countess runs with my Sorc SP and check the summary results. I opened the notepad and I wrote down every rune i found from Countess in every run. This is rather addressed to new or less experienced D2:R players, so they will find out what runes she usually drops and what's the generic ratio. Also, 100 runs with Sorc TP in SP took me around 2 hours, so keep in mind that random maps in MP and lack of
Teleport
if playing other char without Enigma will make it way tougher.

Below is the list of every run and what runes did i get each run. I only count Countess and her minions, i dont count other monsters, so if someone kills every monster on the way to Countess, he/she can add few runes more to this list.

Eth

Eth
+
Ral

4. No rune (sic!)
Sol
+
Shael
+
Ral

Sol

Eld
+
Tal

El
+
Ith

Tir

Shael
+
Key

11. 2x
Tal

El

Mal
(!) +
Eth

Shael
+
Sol
+
Key

Thul
+
Tir

Sol

Ral
+
Eld

19. No rune again
Tal
+
Sol

Shael

22. 2x
Ith
+
Sol

Amn
+
Tal
+
Nef

Dol
+
Ith

El
+
Nef
+
Ith

Io
+
El

Amn

El
+
Tir

Hel

Nef

Ko

Tal

Ral
+
Hel
+
Key

El
+
Thul

Tal

Lum
+
Amn

Io
+
Nef

Thul

Tal
+
Thul

Tal
+
Amn

Tal
+
Tir

Nef
+
Ith
+
Key

Tir

Tal
+
Key

Ral
+
Sol

Thul
+
Tal
+
Eld

Thul
+
Shael

52. 2x
Amn
+
Dol
+
Tal

Hel
+
Fal

Amn
+
Tal
+
Lum

Hel
+
Amn
+
Eth

Eth
+
Shael

Shael

Tal
+
Shael
+
El

El

Eth

Ith
+
Shael

Sol
+
El
+
Thul

Fal
+
Tir
+
Shael

Nef
+
Sol

El
+
Ral
+
Key

Ith
+
Tir

Amn

Thul

Amn
+
Thul

Ral
+
Thul

Dol
+
Thul
(3x in a row, damn...)
Tal

Amn

Eth
+
Nef
+
Thul

77. 2x
Ral

Tal
+
Amn
+
Key

Amn

Dol
+
Tal

Tal
+
Ral
+
El
+
Key

Shael
+
El
+
Key
(wow :D)
Dol

Ral

Sol

Eth
+
Amn

87. 2x
Tal
+
Lum
+
Thul

Ith
+
Tal

Tir

Dol
+
Sol

Tal
+
Eld
+
Ko

Dol
+
Thul

Ith
+
Ral
+
Tal

Amn
+
Amn
+
Nef
+
Shael

100. 2x
El
... so funny finish :D

Now, lets take a look at the list ordered from the most frequently dropped runes to the least frequent

Tal
Amn
Thul
El
Ral
Shael
Sol
Ith
Tir
Nef
Eth
Dol
Eld
Hel
Lum
Io
Ko
Fal
Mal

Keys - 9

As you can see, I got lucky only one time when i found
Mal
. Basically almost all other runes are low except few drops. Hell Countess can drop everything from
Ist
and below. She can also drop
Lo
Ohm
Vex
Gul
due to her mlvl, but the chances are... very very very low.

Also worth noticing is the
Key of Terror
drop rate. Doing 100 runs, i found 9 Keys, which is a good result i think.

Summary - If someone wants urgent lots of
Tal
Amn
or
Thul
runes, Hell Countess is way to go.
Amn
rune is used in making caster amulets and rings in
Horadric Cube
, so doing Countess runs will be helpful to farm
Amn
runes. She has very low chance to drop
Ist
Mal
Um
or even
Pul
rune, so if someone search for these runes, better to farm Travi or Cows.

That's it. Wish you guys all the best when ladder hits, and the best drops possible :)
Description by Domin92

Can be used to make Runewords:

Since Ladder is right behind the corner, I decided to make 100 Countess runs with my Sorc SP and check the summary results. I opened the notepad and I wrote down every rune i found from Countess in every run. This is rather addressed to new or less experienced D2:R players, so they will find out what runes she usually drops and what's the generic ratio. Also, 100 runs with Sorc TP in SP took me around 2 hours, so keep in mind that random maps in MP and lack of
Teleport
if playing other char without Enigma will make it way tougher.

Below is the list of every run and what runes did i get each run. I only count Countess and her minions, i dont count other monsters, so if someone kills every monster on the way to Countess, he/she can add few runes more to this list.

Eth

Eth
+
Ral

4. No rune (sic!)
Sol
+
Shael
+
Ral

Sol

Eld
+
Tal

El
+
Ith

Tir

Shael
+
Key

11. 2x
Tal

El

Mal
(!) +
Eth

Shael
+
Sol
+
Key

Thul
+
Tir

Sol

Ral
+
Eld

19. No rune again
Tal
+
Sol

Shael

22. 2x
Ith
+
Sol

Amn
+
Tal
+
Nef

Dol
+
Ith

El
+
Nef
+
Ith

Io
+
El

Amn

El
+
Tir

Hel

Nef

Ko

Tal

Ral
+
Hel
+
Key

El
+
Thul

Tal

Lum
+
Amn

Io
+
Nef

Thul

Tal
+
Thul

Tal
+
Amn

Tal
+
Tir

Nef
+
Ith
+
Key

Tir

Tal
+
Key

Ral
+
Sol

Thul
+
Tal
+
Eld

Thul
+
Shael

52. 2x
Amn
+
Dol
+
Tal

Hel
+
Fal

Amn
+
Tal
+
Lum

Hel
+
Amn
+
Eth

Eth
+
Shael

Shael

Tal
+
Shael
+
El

El

Eth

Ith
+
Shael

Sol
+
El
+
Thul

Fal
+
Tir
+
Shael

Nef
+
Sol

El
+
Ral
+
Key

Ith
+
Tir

Amn

Thul

Amn
+
Thul

Ral
+
Thul

Dol
+
Thul
(3x in a row, damn...)
Tal

Amn

Eth
+
Nef
+
Thul

77. 2x
Ral

Tal
+
Amn
+
Key

Amn

Dol
+
Tal

Tal
+
Ral
+
El
+
Key

Shael
+
El
+
Key
(wow :D)
Dol

Ral

Sol

Eth
+
Amn

87. 2x
Tal
+
Lum
+
Thul

Ith
+
Tal

Tir

Dol
+
Sol

Tal
+
Eld
+
Ko

Dol
+
Thul

Ith
+
Ral
+
Tal

Amn
+
Amn
+
Nef
+
Shael

100. 2x
El
... so funny finish :D

Now, lets take a look at the list ordered from the most frequently dropped runes to the least frequent

Tal
Amn
Thul
El
Ral
Shael
Sol
Ith
Tir
Nef
Eth
Dol
Eld
Hel
Lum
Io
Ko
Fal
Mal

Keys - 9

As you can see, I got lucky only one time when i found
Mal
. Basically almost all other runes are low except few drops. Hell Countess can drop everything from
Ist
and below. She can also drop
Lo
Ohm
Vex
Gul
due to her mlvl, but the chances are... very very very low.

Also worth noticing is the
Key of Terror
drop rate. Doing 100 runs, i found 9 Keys, which is a good result i think.

Summary - If someone wants urgent lots of
Tal
Amn
or
Thul
runes, Hell Countess is way to go.
Amn
rune is used in making caster amulets and rings in
Horadric Cube
, so doing Countess runs will be helpful to farm
Amn
runes. She has very low chance to drop
Ist
Mal
Um
or even
Pul
rune, so if someone search for these runes, better to farm Travi or Cows.

That's it. Wish you guys all the best when ladder hits, and the best drops possible :)
The Countess
has never given me the
Mal
rune since the release of the game. Yesterday, for three races, she gave me 2
Mal
runes. I am shocked by such generosity.
Thanks for the detailed statistics. I visit
The Countess
a little every day, but I don't keep statistics. It is very interesting to see your report.
OP
Moondew wrote: 1 year ago
The Countess
has never given me the
Mal
rune since the release of the game. Yesterday, for three races, she gave me 2
Mal
runes. I am shocked by such generosity.
Yes, repetative drops are kind of common in D2, as you can also see from my list. If you find a decent rune, you should always make another run(s) after :D
Moondew wrote: 1 year ago
Thanks for the detailed statistics. I visit
The Countess
a little every day, but I don't keep statistics. It is very interesting to see your report.
No problem. I found diablo2.io around week ago, found here a lot of useful info about various D2 stuff (even tho i play D2 since 19 years) and loved it, so when today i wanted to make some Countess runs i decided to write every run in the notepad and make statistics after 100 runs to give D2:R players generic hint and view of how Countess rune drop looks like. Very experienced and old players who spent like 10k hours in D2 probably won't find here anything new or interesting, but less experienced players and those who started to play D2 since Resurrected will find here useful info for sure. Especially when Ladder comes in 2 weeks :)

Deleted User 63530 0

yo
i check your results close and im suprised too... im thinking about ums & puls. This is only 100runs and can be to small sample to understranding. I play online ands when i go top forgotten tower i dont think about countness... I Like farming there. In last half year i found there few (FEW!) HR. From countness i have few UMs ,PULs, and 1x
Ist
. I speek about last 6-8month bec i play like u from 20 years minimum but not like old days. Somethimes i dont even enter to game in few weeks. Somethimes i start farming and farm 2-3 days day & night :D.
My information says: Max rune from countness can be
Vex
and in playerone game that chance be 1:5723.
That can be diffirent in this dayts but my table say that value.
**ck the Ladder ! ;)
Thank you for your post, OP.

I recently did 100 runs over two days, and didn't get a
Key
until the 89th run! I did get a handful of
Pul
and a single
Fal
during that time. Then between run 90 and 100 she dropped two more keys, and on run 100 she dropped an
Ist
Mal
, and
Thul
. I had been getting seriously fed up with her
Key
stinginess, and still wish she had dropped more keys, but that last drop almost made up for it - almost.

Like you I also got a lot of lower runes though I didn't keep track of them. I only got one no rune drop. Between the
Ral
drops and cubing up to
Ral
, I made 25ish Rals, which is good trade fodder. I also used my teleporting sorc for these runs, but it took me twice as long as you. I think it's because after I kill countess, I clear the entire level and break all breakables and open all openables, which I have a compulsion to do. Same goes when I'm teleporting through the other levels, if I'm in a corner and see something that can be opened or broken, I HAVE TO DO IT.

Building Wealth 1 perfect gem at a time.
OP
aaabbbccc666 wrote: 1 year ago
yo
i check your results close and im suprised too... im thinking about ums & puls. This is only 100runs and can be to small sample to understranding. I play online ands when i go top forgotten tower i dont think about countness... I Like farming there. In last half year i found there few (FEW!) HR. From countness i have few UMs ,PULs, and 1x
Ist
. I speek about last 6-8month bec i play like u from 20 years minimum but not like old days. Somethimes i dont even enter to game in few weeks. Somethimes i start farming and farm 2-3 days day & night :D.
My information says: Max rune from countness can be
Vex
and in playerone game that chance be 1:5723.
That can be diffirent in this dayts but my table say that value.
**ck the Ladder ! ;)
Well i feel like Countess rune drop quality was higher before D2:R but... maybe i just got more lucky or i did more runs that i didn't count haha :D Of course 100 runs is not that much, people tend to make 500
Mephisto
runs daily, so 100 Countess runs is a mediocre number. The point was to show the average drop rate of Countess and show unexperienced players what they should expect while farming Countess for runes. Also what's the average
Key of Terror
drop rate. I think 9 is pretty high, i can bet i would get 5 or 6 if i repeated it.

I am playing for almost 20 years but I've got breaks also :) I would get bored of D2 long time ago if i played it everyday. I played more in the past too. Now i am 30, so i don't have that much time and desire to make 500
Mephisto
or
Baal
runs everyday like 15 years ago :)

I mentioned that
Lo
and
Ohm
can drop from Countess, because it's in her level range, it's possible but chance is like 1:20000 or so.

I am mostly SP player and i played online not that much, but 2.4 is the biggest patch since 1.10 so i am gonna give it a try and play some ladder this time. Also I am going to trade after 28th, thats why diablo2.io is my top1 D2 site now :)
OP
Rayney wrote: 1 year ago

Key
Pul
and a single
Fal
during that time. Then between run 90 and 100 she dropped two more keys, and on run 100 she dropped an
Ist
Mal
, and
Thul
Key
stinginess, and still wish she had dropped more keys, but that last drop almost made up for it - almost.

Like you I also got a lot of lower runes though I didn't keep track of them. I only got one no rune drop. Between the
Ral
drops and cubing up to
Ral
, I made 25ish Rals, which is good trade fodder. I also used my teleporting sorc for these runs, but it took me twice as long as you. I think it's because after I kill countess, I clear the entire level and break all breakables and open all openables, which I have a compulsion to do. Same goes when I'm teleporting through the other levels, if I'm in a corner and see something that can be opened or broken, I HAVE TO DO IT.
Wow mate, i wish i had your luck for runes :D
Ist
and
Mal
at once from her is incredible. However i got lucky this time for Keys and it's a decent trade option though :)

I wanted to do it quick, so i rushed to Countess and her minions fast. Just wanted to count raw drop from her, probably many people playing Ladder will do that too for rune drops. Otherwise i do same like you, i also like to open every chest i see and kill some Unique packs of mobs :) Diablo 2 is very unforgiving, countless times i've got nothing from Meph or Diablo, but opening that one chest or armor rack gave me great unique item or HR that i wanted to get from the boss. Just yesterday i farmed
Andariel
a little, she kept dropping common crap like
Venom Ward
or
Rogue's Bow
... but then a unique
Zombie
dropped
Arm of King Leoric
:)
While farming keys over 300 runs I got one
Mal
, one
Ist
, and one
Gul
myself. Luck is a fickle thing. I did get a triple
Key
drop, so not all bad.

Selling Torch runs.
Your
3x3 Keyset
. 1
Key
for me.
Message me for availability.
Uber Diablo
help offered at no
Charge
Mirrim9999 wrote: 1 year ago
While farming keys over 300 runs I got one
Mal
, one
Ist
, and one
Gul
myself. Luck is a fickle thing. I did get a triple
Key
drop, so not all bad.
No, that is so good.
Have a look at the drop rate :
Mal
Rune 0.635546% 1:157
Ist
Rune 0.4239912% 1:236
Gul
Rune 0.0046655% 1:21434

Relax and have fun!
Domin92 wrote: 1 year ago

Key
Pul
and a single
Fal
Ist
Mal
, and
Thul
Key

Ral
drops and cubing up to
Ral
Wow mate, i wish i had your luck for runes :D
Ist
and
Mal
at once from her is incredible. However i got lucky this time for Keys and it's a decent trade option though :)

I wanted to do it quick, so i rushed to Countess and her minions fast. Just wanted to count raw drop from her, probably many people playing Ladder will do that too for rune drops. Otherwise i do same like you, i also like to open every chest i see and kill some Unique packs of mobs :) Diablo 2 is very unforgiving, countless times i've got nothing from Meph or Diablo, but opening that one chest or armor rack gave me great unique item or HR that i wanted to get from the boss. Just yesterday i farmed
Andariel
a little, she kept dropping common crap like
Venom Ward
or
Rogue's Bow
... but then a unique
Zombie
dropped
Arm of King Leoric
:)
I don't know how you all do that sort of farming. I try, but I get fed up when rng doesn't go my way and think to myself, "Maybe if I just opened this one thing, something amazing would pop out," and before I know it I'm opening and breaking everything. Not sure if it's true because I rarely keep track of stuff, but it feels like my best drops have come from trash mobs and containers.

Building Wealth 1 perfect gem at a time.
OP
I don't know how you all do that sort of farming. I try, but I get fed up when rng doesn't go my way and think to myself, "Maybe if I just opened this one thing, something amazing would pop out," and before I know it I'm opening and breaking everything. Not sure if it's true because I rarely keep track of stuff, but it feels like my best drops have come from trash mobs and containers.
Well in my case, i don't think like ''maybe i will be lucky if i kill this monster/open this chest''. I do it automatically, i just click/kill and run forward holding the ALT and when i see smth worthy, i move back and think ''wow, nice drop, didn't expect it''.

Also i noticed something. When i search for HR or good bases, I almost never find them as intented. Only if i do other things, suddenly i find HR or good base for RW without even thinking about it. Then i am again like ''wow, nice''. I could make 100 Cow level runs within a week and didn't find a single HR or even any rune higher than
Pul
, but then I do random
Mephisto
run and chest above him gives me e.g.
Gul
suddenly :D This game loves to troll me haha :D But i don't complain though.
Easiest way to do the farming, 10-30 runs at a time, mixing in other things when it gets stale. Or switching to another character and farming other areas. Of my 300 runs, only 35 of them were in a row, at most. I get bored if I repeat too many times.

I rotate between
3x3 Keyset
farming with my light sorc, Trav runs with a Berserker, Chaos/Cow runs with my Hammerdin, and testing my FOHdin pre/post patch to see if he will be a better Chaos runner.

Variety is
Key
. Until ladder that is.

Selling Torch runs.
Your
3x3 Keyset
. 1
Key
for me.
Message me for availability.
Uber Diablo
help offered at no
Charge

Bisu 364

PC
Seeing the distribution of rune drops from Hell Countess, I feel it would fit to call these as Spirit runs. =)

I've read that statically you get average of one
Key
per ∼11 runs. Your data is close to that.
OP
Bisu wrote: 1 year ago
Seeing the distribution of rune drops from Hell Countess, I feel it would fit to call these as Spirit runs. =)

I've read that statically you get average of one
Key
per ∼11 runs. Your data is close to that.
Exactly :D Well, Spirit is totally overpowered RW considering the rune cost, so basically you can open Spirit factory after like 1000 Countess runs. You just need a friend who will do 100 Cow runs daily with 0 MF and find bases :D

Key of Terror
has 8% drop chance as far as i know, so 9 Keys is pretty good, at least above average.

Deleted User 63530 0

I forgot....
She drop me zaka few days ago :D
Third in few days...
Where is the Schaeffer Hammer ?! I try found one from over 20 years...
In resurected for now i cannot find soj.... So many HRs ,few maras ,bulkhatos , 2 or 3 perfect Nagels but not SOJ :-/

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...