Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
6 replies   333 views

Description

Unless i am missing it, there does not seem to be a way to search for previously submitted contributions; which is particularly needed for entries that have previously been submitted, but not yet approved; as there is no way to easily identify these, resulting in repeat entries.

I tried using the search function and changing it to search the Forums, but posts under Contributions do not populate.
Description by BMAY

Can be used to make Runewords:

BMAY 518

Assassin Americas PC
Unless i am missing it, there does not seem to be a way to search for previously submitted contributions; which is particularly needed for entries that have previously been submitted, but not yet approved; as there is no way to easily identify these, resulting in repeat entries.

I tried using the search function and changing it to search the Forums, but posts under Contributions do not populate.
Request fulfilledby Teebling2 years agoGo to post
There are so few contribs left to make for full db completion that I can't possibly prioritise a feature like this right now when so many other feature requests have been made.

For the moment, feel free to use the search engine that @Noemard mentioned, if the contribs forum is even indexed that is, but just bear in mind that most stuff has been contribbed already, and when I get round to processing them next week, it'll be much clearer if anything is missing, if at all :)

Tavron 132

Paladin Europe PC
Bump. Would very much like this, as it has kept me from making entries, since I haven't been sure if they've already been submitted or not!

"Seven Evils spawned of seven heads. Seven realms birthed from Death."
OP

BMAY 518

Assassin Americas PC
Quick example: https://diablo2.io/post14162.html#p14162

Would like to know if the advice I gave was correct,

"Best practice is to look and see if there is any "Data Contributed By ...." message under any missing data entries, which would indicate there has already been a submission to look for; just not yet approved.

Example:
Image"

Khegan 376

I don't think there's anything wrong with that advice. I only try to avoid making duplicate entries so that Teeb doesn't have to choose which one gets approved.
Looks like Teeb didn't delete the default phpbb search endpoint. Although it isn't skinned so it's probably safe to say he doesn't intended on people using it.

But you can go to: search.php

Enter your search term and select just the "Contributions" from the forum multiselector.

The post names should be a 1-to-1 match with the database name, assuming the contributor did it correctly.

Hope that helps
OP

BMAY 518

Assassin Americas PC
@Noemard That helps a lot! Thanks.

Best current way to search for now, until something like a specific option for searching Contributions is added.

Possibly here?

Teebling 5763Admin

Europe PC
There are so few contribs left to make for full db completion that I can't possibly prioritise a feature like this right now when so many other feature requests have been made.

For the moment, feel free to use the search engine that @Noemard mentioned, if the contribs forum is even indexed that is, but just bear in mind that most stuff has been contribbed already, and when I get round to processing them next week, it'll be much clearer if anything is missing, if at all :)
This post was marked as the best answer.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...