Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
5 replies   4728 views

Description

Hi,

is there a value difference between Death and Level Up if all other stats are the same? And if so, why? My gut tells me Death is more valuable, but that hardly seems useful - dealing damage only after your character has already died. In fact, I feel like the skill cast, for both types of facets, are useless and that only the +% dmg/-% resist matters?

For reference, I have a 5/5 Poison Lvl Up and a 5/4 Poison Death, and I'm trying to get a sense of their value. I feel like the 5/5 Poison Lvl Up is worth more. Ty.

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hi,

is there a value difference between Death and Level Up if all other stats are the same? And if so, why? My gut tells me Death is more valuable, but that hardly seems useful - dealing damage only after your character has already died. In fact, I feel like the skill cast, for both types of facets, are useless and that only the +% dmg/-% resist matters?

For reference, I have a 5/5 Poison Lvl Up and a 5/4 Poison Death, and I'm trying to get a sense of their value. I feel like the 5/5 Poison Lvl Up is worth more. Ty.
We meet again. You are correct, the damage modifiers are the only thing that matters for practical purposes. Still, most experienced players have a slight preference for "Die" facets because the odds of you dying at any given moment are way higher than your odds of leveling up — in the lategame that is.
But that's nothing! There's a next level of vanity to facets: rich players will seek out 5/5 facets with the sprite matching the color of the element! Blue for 5-5 Cold, green for 5-5 Poison, etc. Go figure!
OP
Wow so the color matters!! Good to know, ty.
A lot of these players use ‘die facets’ in pvp. Imagine
Ko
’ing your opponents on that very last Death. LOL !
FWIW, in HC level up Facets are infinitely more valuable (if equal +dmg/-res).
A lot of people do Death. I play like it's hardcore and do anything in my power to not die. So play like it's hardcore and go w/ lvl up, yeah not gonna proc as often but a side from pvp or normal it's not gonna do anything.

Xbox GT: Cinomed541 add me if you need someone to play with.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...