Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
42 replies   9698 views

Description

So, recently did 100 cow runs (forums/100-cow-runs-was-it-worth-it-t816342.html) and got a
Cham
, but being aware that this is definitely not enough, and inspired by another thread here, I decided to try something more perseverant :D

Over the span of a couple of days I did 500
Travincal
runs mainly for High runes, I am continuing with the aim to get to 1000, but the results rune-wise (counting
Lem
and above) are the following:

Run 79 -
Pul

Run 208 -
Lem

Run 382 -
Sur

In-between that, I got a couple of
Fal
runes, a
Ko
and a few Lums; 2 skiller grand charms and a few mf small charms...also, the gold the council dropper was a bonus for some gambling sessions (which didn't yield anything of worth unfortunately).

Single player (online, but alone, no players +) with MF for any item drops varying between around 250-500 (isted ali-baba, topazed
Shako
, perf
Chance Guards
, 46 war travs, a couple of 7mf small charms);

Interesting thing is that i got the
Sur
on run 382 and another forum member mentioned in that other thread they got a
Jah
on 398.

Impressions? :)
Description by Ossuarium

Can be used to make Runewords:

So, recently did 100 cow runs (forums/100-cow-runs-was-it-worth-it-t816342.html) and got a
Cham
, but being aware that this is definitely not enough, and inspired by another thread here, I decided to try something more perseverant :D

Over the span of a couple of days I did 500
Travincal
runs mainly for High runes, I am continuing with the aim to get to 1000, but the results rune-wise (counting
Lem
and above) are the following:

Run 79 -
Pul

Run 208 -
Lem

Run 382 -
Sur

In-between that, I got a couple of
Fal
runes, a
Ko
and a few Lums; 2 skiller grand charms and a few mf small charms...also, the gold the council dropper was a bonus for some gambling sessions (which didn't yield anything of worth unfortunately).

Single player (online, but alone, no players +) with MF for any item drops varying between around 250-500 (isted ali-baba, topazed
Shako
, perf
Chance Guards
, 46 war travs, a couple of 7mf small charms);

Interesting thing is that i got the
Sur
on run 382 and another forum member mentioned in that other thread they got a
Jah
on 398.

Impressions? :)
Trav is just the best, period. In 100 runs yesterday I got a
Cham
and a +19 life %10 fire resist small charm.

Available for trade after 6pm EST - US
Travincal
has been the best for me as well. In about 3K runs across 3 different characters, I've gotten 4
Lo
runes, an
Ohm
, a
Jah
and 2 SoJs. I highly recommend doing it as a WW barbarian. There is no better choice for
Travincal
, period. Super quick runs (when geared properly +
Find Item
).
It's just about your luck... I have more than a 1200
Travincal
runs with
Find Item
barb and the highest rune was
Vex
I did 60 Chaos runs and got
Ber
+
Jah
1ntrud3r wrote: 2 years ago
Travincal
runs with
Find Item
Vex
Ber
+
Jah
It's mostly about one's luck, yes, but there are areas in the game with higher probability of having a HR drop and
Travincal
is certainly the best one of them on P1 bnet (best run on P3).
Lower Kurast
would be best for Single Player with the /players X command and a fixed map.

I've also gotten 2x
Jah
runes within 20 Chaos runs, but that's statistically improbable and I just got uber lucky.
OP
run 666 now and still nothing... c'mon Diablo :D :P

rikus 139

Amazon Americas PC
How do you count them so accurately? Do you have a mod counter?

goodluck, and may the RNG god be with you.
I have done 25-30
Travincal
runs a day, 4-5 days a week since new year's and gotten 2
Lo
Ohm
Gul
Ist
Mal
Um
Pul
. I also got a
Stone of Jordan
and
Tiara
that sold for 3
Sur
Lo
Vex
. Just got the second
Ohm
this morning on my first run. :)
Trav has been the best spot for me personally with my WW barb... I hate the incessant "mooing" of cows as they die so I only do 1-2 cow runs before I move on to Chaos and
Baal
with my Hdin.

My barb has 336 Magic find and 609 gf on main, and 522 mf with 1374 gf on swap for horking.
OP
rikus wrote: 2 years ago
How do you count them so accurately? Do you have a mod counter?
I wish mate....good ol' excel table and alt+tab manual filling haha.
Trav is feast or Famine.

Last week I ran 500 ish runs and I got 2
Lo

This week I ran 500 ish runs and I got a
Mal

I aint complaining, but it is definitely feast or Famine lol.
1ntrud3r wrote: 2 years ago
Travincal
runs with
Find Item
Vex
Ber
+
Jah
It's crazy how so many people will swear by X area being the best for high runes and Y area being garbage, while a bunch of other people will say that Y area isn't as amazing as Z area, but both are miles above the shit tier HR drop rate of X area. If I didn't know any better I would think there are hidden program variables that secretly weight each bnet profile more favorably towards specific areas.

I know it's just RNG (but DO I really?), but I can't deny how strange it is that i've run more Chaos than Cows and I've never gotten a single HR from Chaos, whereas all 6 my lifetime HRs came from Cows. Finger Mages and Ghosts drop nothing but fucking scrolls for me. Doom Knights drop better uniques than Diablo does, and more regularly.

I think the moral of the story is: we have no idea what the best farming area is for you and the goals you are aiming for. Maybe RNJeus is a real entity and he punishes anyone bold and dumb enough to try target farming. I do that all the time despite knowing how futile it is. It's because I'm dumb, actually.
I know that I think that there are some days all kinds of stuff drops and then other days you can't get anything. Am I the only one that thinks that?
Right there with you @chucker14. I have one buddy that still plays this game; any time one of us is on and the drops are amazing, we try to get the other person online and I swear drops really comes in waves.
OP
here I am at run 800 and here's what happened:

Run 622:
Pul

Run 747:
Ohm

So give or take a few runs, the second high rune dropped in the same interval as the first one :D I find this interesting, but not conclusive, so will do some more (maybe up to 1200 runs), to check if there'll be any similarity in that drop hehe.
OP
so, did the 1200 runs (actually 1201 :D) and didn't get another high rune (I think I actually got only one
Fal
in-between). The whole thing also brought up 3 facets, all lightning, 2 of them perfect (Death ones). For 1200 runs, 2 high runes and 2 facets + lots of gambling sessions, given the speed one's able to clear up the Council in trav, I guess it's worth it? I see people have gotten more for far less, but again RNG has its ways :D cheers
OP
and around 10
Raven Frost
rings, all awful rolls :D
Started doing Trav with my
Frenzy
barb. In the first 60 or so runs i found a
Ber
, two facets (although weak ones) and some 2/20 bowazon gloves. So far so good :)
OP
Gwydion wrote: 2 years ago
Started doing Trav with my
Frenzy
barb. In the first 60 or so runs i found a
Ber
, two facets (although weak ones) and some 2/20 bowazon gloves. So far so good :)
haah well, fmLuck then ;D apparently the council kept the good loot for ya mate :)
Nicely done! I'd say it was definitely worth your time. It makes me want to run a Trav barb, lol. I recently found out about The Pit and am going to do 100 of those and see if I get anything on my javazon. Then I'm going to do 100 cow runs.

What level did you start your Trav runs at? What items? Thanks and grats again!
OP
Bigpappapunk wrote: 2 years ago
Nicely done! I'd say it was definitely worth your time. It makes me want to run a Trav barb, lol. I recently found out about The Pit and am going to do 100 of those and see if I get anything on my javazon. Then I'm going to do 100 cow runs.

What level did you start your Trav runs at? What items? Thanks and grats again!
hah sorry, but who is your post directed to ? :)

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...