Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
9 replies   1955 views

The D2 economy is so wild and one of my favorite things about this game

No data yet

Description

It's just crazy how the economy evolves over time and what it's like at the start of a new ladder (or non-ladder game launch. XD )

During the first week of this game launch, I sold a 4OS
Monarch
for
Ist
. Just now, I sold one for 20 pgems.

Can be used to make Runewords:

It's just crazy how the economy evolves over time and what it's like at the start of a new ladder (or non-ladder game launch. XD )

During the first week of this game launch, I sold a 4OS
Monarch
for
Ist
. Just now, I sold one for 20 pgems.

I offer Uber Service, Rush Service and have many items for sale, Add me on battle.net | Hoost07#1211

BillyMaysed 2187Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
Hoost07 wrote: 2 years ago
20 pgems.
wow its still going for 20 pgems? still so expensive!

Very intriguing indeed. Farming for unique items is not as profitable as, for example farming for keys at the moment, or torch farming if you can
Smite

Had a Dream about getting a
Lo
, and all I found today was a
Wisp Projector

Deleted User 2817 0

I played in 1.08 and 1.09 for a bit before all of these newfangled runewords came onto the scene. It blows my mind that items like
Stormshield
, Arcane's Valor, Grandfathers and
Windforce
are no longer worth what they once were.
Yeh i still remember those days man, folks were craving for limited(older) versions of Vamp Gaze, Ark Valor and
Shako

Pretty nuts to think that Blizz allowed two version of an item to be in the game at the same time.

Crazy times.

Banjo 138

Sorceress Americas PC
yeah there are still a few uniques that bring a decent price, but all the big ones from when i played back in the day are considered almost trash now. my stubborn inner kids still thinks grandfather is the best sword.

y2kid 109

PC
Aegis200 wrote: 2 years ago
Very intriguing indeed. Farming for unique items is not as profitable as, for example farming for keys at the moment, or torch farming if you can
Smite
I do not think torch farming is any profitable anymore and more and more people are giving up on it... Just the economy for people buying torches is not as big right now and I expect that to reflect in the price of keys shortly. Right now keys hold their value because there's many people running for torches, but as more and more torches are hard to sell and as more people would offer "
Um
" for a torch, these vendors will slowly diminish making an oversupply of keys and respectively a price drop followed by people stopping to farm these as well. Probably SoJ hunt will become the next big thing, even bigger than it is right now.

y2k#2833 on Bnet
y2kid#1811 on Discord
Makes sense, saw someone struggling to sell a Soc torch (a mediocre one, in the 10's) for an
Ohm
, but never got a buyer

Had a Dream about getting a
Lo
, and all I found today was a
Wisp Projector
As a new player but longtime D3 player it's incredibly fascinating seeing how deep the trading is in this game. While has 3 has "more" content, it becomes a Rift fest while every huge drop in 2 seems a bigger deal.
OP
whileTrue wrote: 2 years ago
I played in 1.08 and 1.09 for a bit before all of these newfangled runewords came onto the scene. It blows my mind that items like
Stormshield
, Arcane's Valor, Grandfathers and
Windforce
are no longer worth what they once were.
I think this explains my confusion. Early after launch, I got a Storm shield and I was so stoked because I remembered from back in the day how awesome and valuable it was, but when I looked at the stats, it didn't even come close to beating my Spirit shield.

I offer Uber Service, Rush Service and have many items for sale, Add me on battle.net | Hoost07#1211

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation